[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to reason with someone who's noisy/religious? So I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1498313131314.gif (557KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498313131314.gif
557KB, 480x270px
How to reason with someone who's noisy/religious?

So I'm working on moving out but that's not gonna happen for a while. My sister meanwhile is pretty religious (I am too but she's even more) and she's CONSTANTLY blasting religious like hymns and poetry. I'm going insane and the one time I tried calmly explaining it's irritating me and I can't focus on my Chemistry work she went ballistic. Then she was in a bad mood for a week and my parents yelled at me without even hearing me out.

How do I convine her to be just a little bit more considerate? I just turned 20 and she's 24 btw.
>>
Earplugs? Or invest in some noise cancelling headphones? Noisy people generally are used to their own level of noise and often won't be quieter than that for sustained periods of time.
>>
>>18452596
I have these but I get in trouble for using them since my parents want me to respond to them within 2 seconds of them saying my name. That's why I have to try and deal with the source if the issue rather than just live around it.
>>
>>18452600
....why are all religious parents like this?

Anyways, it's more than just your sister that's the problem. Put all your focus into moving out. Seriously. Keep your religion close to your heart and don't let your crazy family run you over.
>>
>>18452572
>I just turned 20 and she's 24 btw.
Wow, I expected you to be 20 and she to be 16 or something.

Tell her that religious music and poetry is just as bad as normal fiction.

>>18452600
lol, just calmly explain that you need the earplugs because of your sister. Either they'll have patience or tell your sister to quiet down, or get mad at their son for taking his studies seriously.
>>
>>18452572
Lel, Religion. Full soundproofin, I'd say.

Actually just leave, most people can't deal with pathetic cases of mental illnesses like that logic disorder and susceptibility to getting scammed by all sorts of Christ-magicians. Once its no longer just an interesting story written by humans with various intents but the moral absolute truth, get distance.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.