[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it moral to go travelling when I currently live at my mum's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: travelling.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
travelling.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
Is it moral to go travelling when I currently live at my mum's? Or is it immoral?
>>
You only have one life. Don't be guilted into not living.
>>
>>18452563
this is the fucking man, OP
be happy the fp is bp
>>
>>18452550
> Is it moral to go travelling when I currently live at my mum's?
If mum's okay with it, what's the problem?

Maybe she even likes it if you send her a few pictures as a nod to her efforts. It's not like interactions at home are more interesting.

Travelling also is a form of education, too. Basically, just do it.
>>
>>18452563
>>18452612
>>18452624
Basically I had a job and was living independently, for 1.5 years.

Then I quit that job and moved back to my mum's. I was thinking of doing a few different things. Travelling is one thing I want to do.

Now it's been 2 years I've been living off my mum, not contributing. I mean I do keep suggesting things that I could do (travelling, or working in a shop, just doing SOMETHING to tide me over) but then she isn't happy unless I go and do a graduate job, and I can't be fucked, I would like to find my own way in life, y'know?

I admit that I have fucked up by being lazy for too long, but at the same time, anything I suggest isn't good enough so I have no idea what the fuck to do
>>
>>18452563
>>18452612
>>18452624
So the TLDR of this post - >>18452712 - is that I've been living off my mum rent free for 2 years

But if I had just gone travelling straight away then that wouldn't have happened

Man I dunno
>>
>>18452550
morality is subjective
>>
>>18452734
The only way you can start moving is if you let yourself walk your own path. You can't hang on to what should have been because you feel like you owe her. The only thing you're guilty of is hesitating.
>>
>>18452741
No I'm guilty because:

a) I've lived rent free for 2 years

b) I'd be leaving her, on her own, with a house full partly of my stuff, when she's thinking of moving soon.

But yes then I see your argument, and I think "I just need to live my life". I dunno.
>>
>>18452712
> I admit that I have fucked up by being lazy for too long
Have you? Doesn't feel that way to me, unless your goal was to pull off a starling career with no flaws.

You can still be useful in some workplace if you care to learn and work. You'll even probably have to do that, and of course you'll not have the ideal amount of payment (then again, already being rich and halfway sane about investments is the only thing that is leading to ideal compensation anyhow, heh).

For now, maybe it's best that you DO travel and find a reason why you should give a fuck.

You're not going to have the endurance to graduate in a degree worth more than the paper it's written on and then continue on to a job if you don't find a reason to give a fuck.
>>
>>18452746
>with a house full partly of my stuff, when she's thinking of moving soon.
Well, either be back to help when she is moving, or get rid of your stuff / organize storage on your own so she doesn't have to worry about it.

> I've lived rent free for 2 years
So what. You did that until you were an adult, too. And the "honest" deal within family isn't about minimum cost / minimum rent, it's about being there when it matters, filling a role money can't realistically buy.

If they were intent on minimizing their costs, they just shouldn't have had kids.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.