[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a hardcore Christian and then God wouldn't forgive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170621_191056_163.jpg (1MB, 2204x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_191056_163.jpg
1MB, 2204x2204px
I was a hardcore Christian and then God wouldn't forgive me at one point. Stress still hits me and butthurt about it happened. God literally wouldn't forgive me anymore. I have a wife and family
>>
If you believe there is a sin that God refuses to forgive, then it's not a Christian that you were.
>>
>>18451477
You are goddam right you're right. How did you even know OP that you were not forgiven? Even though bad things happen to your life, it doean't mean he hasn't forgiven you.
>>
>>18451477
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, Mark of the beast
>>
If you truly repent, he will forgive. But don't play around. Nobody is perfect. Peter, the founder, the rock on wich the church is established, denyed Jesus tree times. St Paul used to kill christians. How deep in sin are you? He's here to forgive. Don't worry. But don't play with the fire either.
>>
I'm religious but not Christian. How does one KNOW if they've been forgiven or not? Did he personally send you a letter confirming this?
>>
>>18451978
They "feel" he pardoned their sins.
>>
>>18451978
It's a theological doctrine. The Bible teaches there isn't a sin we could ever commit that would pluck us from the salvation of Jesus, save for what is called "the unforgivable sin," but that is basically forsaking God in this life and rejecting Christ, even to death. It basically means once you die, you can't be saved. Mark of the Beast is the same thing.

If our salvation were dependent on behavior, then we could earn our way to Heaven and wouldn't need Jesus at all.
>>
>>18452363
>The Bible teaches there isn't a sin we could ever commit that would pluck us from the salvation of Jesus,
"Us" would be one specific sect of Christianity, whereas most others believe there are a lot of sins which haven't already been forgiven by Jesus's sacrifice if you commit them now.

There is no agreement on this, same as with almost everything in Christianity when you get down to details.
>>
>>18452383
I would argue the "us" mentioned is every single Christian, not a single sect.

You're right about the disagreements though. I think it just points towards the fact we are a flawed church following a perfect God and we're bound to make mistakes
>>
>>18451474
God has to forgive you. That's his job.
>>
>>18451490

What is the Mark of the Beast, anyway?
>>
>>18453479
666 in any form. As the number 7 Is God's chosen number 6 will always fall short of salvation.
>>
>>18451474
Maybe you didn't/wouldn't forgive others?
>>
[spoiler]God doesn't exist.[/spoiler]
>>
>>18452407
> I would argue the "us" mentioned is every single Christian, not a single sect.
No, not even close. Here, though it's BARELY scratching the surface of this topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substitutionary_atonement#Belief_in_the_Doctrine
Try following some of the linkage. You'll see some don't believe many kinds of sins are actually forgiven, some believe only sins up to the point of the crucifixion are forgiven, and so on and so forth. So many variants.

> I think it just points towards the fact we are a flawed church following a perfect God and we're bound to make mistakes
Not me. I think the Bible -as well as all other religious texts- are manmade without any divine guidance.

If an omnipotent god wanted us to follow his specific rules, he'd have given us a very clear, understanding embedded in even our heads for referencing. Or all the same texts of his will. Even if he wanted us to have free will.

You might find this interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon

We don't even know everything that happened, but sure is manmade.
>>
>>18453530
666 is the mathmatical spelling of Neron Caesar. It has nothing to do with the devil it was some prick writing a part in the bible calling their ruling leader an evil twat.
>>
File: jesus-christ-returns.jpg (49KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-christ-returns.jpg
49KB, 620x330px
>>18451474
Don't worry OP, God doesn't exit.
>>
>>18453690
true
>>
>>18451474
what did you do?

Pray and find an action that you can perform to earn his forgiveness. This action will never involve physically harming yourself, your wife, or your family.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.