[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've had some pretty bad mental health issues since I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: pepe24.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
pepe24.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
So I've had some pretty bad mental health issues since I was like 12. Alcoholic father and a family that never gets along can get to you after a while.

Over the last few years my depression just feels like it evolved into general apathy. It isn't that I don't feel anything all the time, for the most part I feel great on most days, but whenever anything bothers me I just blow it off and ignore it. That seemed to be working well but periodically doing that catches up to me and everything is just too much, I get horrible anxiety and it turns into just feeling nothing absolutely at all. What can I do to feel better about all of these problems? Life doesn't genuinely get me depressed anymore, it just hits me out of nowhere and then shifts into being apathetic. I don't have anyone to ever talk to about issues and therapy is expensive, but blocking everything out and letting it all flood in at once is obviously not helping in the long run.
>>
I think you should find friends. Emotional support + takes your mind off of things without actively ignoring things.

You could always say what you feel here on 4chan, but expect to be roasted by strangers from time to time.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that. Your family sounds the same as mine without the drugs and crime.

All you can really do is get away from your family.

After getting into an argument with my own dad, I came to a realization; my family is pretty fucked up. If I stayed around to long, I'll get caught up in this mess. So, I left.

Your's and my own family are a toxic environment. They are poison to the mind.
>>
File: 1442617003882s.jpg (9KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
1442617003882s.jpg
9KB, 250x206px
>>18450473
had an eight year spell of this. I learned to control my mind a little better. there are many ways through this.

They say it will get better. That is a half truth. you have to activly engage with this issue.

On that note do not try to renvent the wheel, there is a lot of material out there find what you relate with.
>>
I am in the same rut, or at least a similar one.
Sometimes when I have no one to talk to, I write my thoughts into a journal, or I record what I'm thinking or feeling into a voice recorder. Many times the act of just saying things out aloud has made me feel better, even if I'm just talking about how I feel nothing at the moment or numb.

I wish I had a solution OP, I really do. I think that a lack of emotional affect or depersonalization is a survival mechanism more than anything else. Sometimes, I've found meditation, just sitting and collecting my thoughts to be helpful too. Good luck man.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.