[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents keep telling me that I should never watch anime, read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sadness.png (317KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
317KB, 807x560px
My parents keep telling me that I should never watch anime, read manga, read any politically incorrect book, or listen to any music other than pop and hip-hop because if I get accused for a crime wrongfully, it would all be considered evidence for me being "weird" and then this would taint the family name.

She actively digs through my PC and phone to find something that rubs her the wrong way so she can threaten to kill me, throw me out, etc. I'm trying to move out but she constantly interferes whenever I sign up for driving lessons, look for a cheap car and so on. I work around 55 hours a week and go to community college.

How do I move out and get the street smarts to live on my own so this shit can stop?
>>
>>18450388
How does she interfere with your driving lessons and such? why are you telling her when you sign up?
>>
>>18450388
working 55 hours per week even minimum wage is more than enough to get your own place and cover all monthly expenses. Check craigslist and look on the map for places between your work and community college and either take a public bus, uber, or bike between them.
>>
>>18450394
Threatens to throw me out. If I'm out of the house she'll hound me about where I was.
>>
55 hours a week? Are you in the US? You might have to move in with a friend but you can definitely move in to an apartment.
If you do plan on moving out, DO NOT tell your parents until you are accepted and ready to go. If you have anything valuable like your computer, get it ready to go before hand.
I've seen it a hundred times.
>>
>>18450388
your parents methods are wrong. But they are right, anime, mangas, and politically incorect books are for fags
>>
>>18450468
>I've seen it a hundred times
Also on the subject of moving out, is 22-24 too old to live in a dorm?
>>
>>18450475
Nah. People are gonna ask you to buy them booze though.
Don't.
>>
>>18450468
What usually happens when they try to move away from controlling parents?
>>
>>18450518
For reference, I volunteered for a few years with a non-profit that helped young adults and abuse victims get out of bad home situations.
I've seen everything from parents smashing computers and phones, to injuring them so they can't leave, to calling apartment offices and police after planting drugs.
From what OP says I wouldn't put it pats them to at least call the apartment complex/dorm/whatever and claim whatever they think will get OP rejected.

I'm sure I'm a little biased, but a little preparation goes a long way.
>>
>>18450388

Fuck college. Pick-up a trade (6 months long)

Live with close friends or relatives.

Don't put up with all their bullshit!
>>
Tell your parents that they're narcissistic psychopaths who are reacting in the real world as if their perceptions are real when in fact they're out of their minds and should get a life other than their kid's life and parents who life so vicariously through their children are losers. why don't you tell them that
>>
>>18451992

Do this then leave.

Also, I have a feeling your mom has access to your bank account. Fix that.
>>
Your parents are doing this in your interest. I wanted to get 'street smart'. Just do your homework, make friends, be a normie, it's probably more fun than being a loner behind a PC.
>>
>>18450388
shit, dude, really terrible parents.

prepare to move out completely, smuggle your valuables beforehand, so that they can't take them away.

you can try to legally opt out of being their child (I don't know the english word, but you know what I mean, right?). This way they'll have no more power to put you in a mental ward.

finally, confuse them as much as you can. Say bullshit, that you'll move to some other city, etc. So that once they start chasing you, you won't be there.

Maybe call the cops on them a couple of times, so that they are known by the police to cause some troubles. This way, if they sue you for whatever reason, you can counter that explaining they are the source of the problem
>>
>>18452851
>make friends, be a normie
LOL. my mom always harassed me when she saw me texting friends or getting a ride to a friends place. Every nice thing they said was "out of pity" and I was just "their entertainment " and bothering them.
>>
>>18450388
My
Mom did this crap. She is borderline.
Crazy parents
>>
>>18453036
Your mom sounds extremely borderline.
>>
>>18453036
man, why do they even care if you're aroud them?
just tell them you'll change your name, as to not bring any shame to their pride and shit, and explain you don't want their money nor help.
then btfo. There is no reason for them to not allow it, it seems to me
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.