[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm halfway through pharmacy school, age 25, and I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 6063122.jpg (467KB, 924x519px) Image search: [Google]
6063122.jpg
467KB, 924x519px
I'm halfway through pharmacy school, age 25, and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Should I kill myself now or put up with this for another ~40 years?
>>
>>18450069
Why are there only these two options?
>>
>>18450099
Because STEM. Skills and classes aren't very transferable so you can't easily switch major or to a different career, and if you drop out you've wasted time and money.
>>
>>18450105

okay, but wouldn't it make more sense to just accept that loss then to kill your self?
>>
>>18450130
Killing myself is a bit of an exaggeration, I just don't know what course of action to take. I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>18450168

we get thirty people asking for advice on how to kill themselves a day.

protip: if we can't understand exactly what you are asking its either because you are not being clear, or we are retarded. if were retarded, dont ask us for advice. if you can accept that it was a poor choice to throw that out there and expect us to fill in the blanks, then please do expand on your initial post.

as for the best I can do given what you've given us, first consider whether or not working at a pharmacy is actually as bad as studying to work at one. its mostly just filling in orders, handing bottles, and reading them whats on the label, yeah?

if you decide you can handle that, stick it out as its reasonable money if im not mistaken. if you can't handle that, that is okay, see out the end of the semester so that you can at least go back if you change your mind and not retake these particular courses. then either pursue something you know you want or take time off and look into employment options for the uneducated.

in that time you'll quickly realize what you want to do or at the very least that being a pharmacist is much better than nothing.
>>
You clearly don't have a passion for the pharmaceutical arts anymore. Why don't you just study another course? So you forfeit some tuition money or whatever, big deal. Better than getting stuck in a career you hate for the forseeable future. Find a program or maybe certification that you can get which can get you into something you might enjoy more. Even if you have to start from scratch, many are 2 year programs. 2 years, big deal.
>>
>>18450069
Complete the course you faggot
>>
>>18450069
IDK how much halfway through pharmacy school means but I'd abandon ship. Pharmacy looks like a terrible job thats only set to get worse if you don't like it. Just sitting there all day like a robot looking at prescriptions and counting pills with a big back log with the main interuption likely being junkies trying to get some more pills
>>
>>18450227
what a bizarre choice of verbiage
>>
>>18450353
>>18450069
>not wanting to be a clinical pharmacist

get good bruh, retail is not the only option in pharmacy.
>>
>>18450069
>half way through pharmacy school

Hope you're in Texas where it's cheap for that degree. Otherwise that's a good 60k+ in debt. You may as well finish that off, get your PharmD, start working on a presentation for hospital or specialty pharmacy interviews and then proceed to sit on your ass for 12hours a day and collect bank.

Or you can restart with 60k+ debt added on.
>>
complete the course, and while you're working a job in pharm, take night classes for something you actually like. My cousin went through a marine bio degree and med school and ended up doing metallurgy. it's never to late to change course.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.