[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys im 20 years old from a 3rd world shithole please excuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496401710286.jpg (54KB, 798x518px) Image search: [Google]
1496401710286.jpg
54KB, 798x518px
Hello guys
im 20 years old from a 3rd world shithole please excuse and expect any grammatical errors from here
i just graduated with an associate degree (i know who the fuck wastes their time getting such a useless degree but we'll get to that later)
and im from a middle class family but as things currently are now, my family have ran into so many debts and internal problems
so my parents asked me, not directly but they're suggesting implicitly that i stop studying and convincing me that what i've achieved is enough to land me into some nice job here where the pay is shit and standards are too high
basically the jobs they want for me and MY ONLY OPTIONS are Call Centers (no im not from india) and a work abroad in japan or korea as a factory worker or a welder
now im not being picky but i don't want to do any of that and be stuck with those jobs for the rest of my life
They don't want me to apply for low tier jobs because being a middle class family their expectations for me is quiet high and there's some sort of competitions among families here which is whose children has the best jobs
now i don't know what to do with my life
i want to continue my studies for various reasons like what i studied is my passion and i want to learn more about it (web designing, graphics designing, blahblah) and i can't get my dream job or at least get my foot on the door with an associate degree

so TL;DR
from 3rd world shithole, family facing financial problems, my studies are affected, they want me to apply for shitty jobs, i want to continue studying
How do i convince them to let me continue my studies?
>>
bump :'(
>>
should i just go accept the job abroad (dont worry weabs i wont taint the jap genes im too socially autistic to socialize)
or there's a chance that i can convince my parents to keep on investing on my education even though they're clearly against it (the face they made when i insisted ONCE that i want to keep studying suggests that they really don't want to support me on this path)

call centers fucking sucks i've already applied on one and i bombed the interview
>>
>>18449617
Do part time. Get a job that maybe low tier for the moment, and just juggle studies with work. You may take longer to get through school, but at least your parents will be satisfied for the moment with the extra income. The more schoolwork you accomplish, the better off you'll be long term.
>>
>>18449617
Get the best paying suck ass job you can BUT keep studying. You can buy books that will show how to do Web Development and graphic design. Dedicate your free time to gaining the necessary skills for career advancement. Don't look at the job you get as a career it is just a temporary gig.
>>
Get a job wherever you can and save money. Help out your parents, but also save money if you want to keep going to school. Maybe taking evening classes or being part time.
If web development is your passion you might not even need a degree.
>>
>>18449617
>that pic
Lost
>>
>>18449617
LET ME GUESS THE COUNTRY. Philippines
>>
>>18449617
You don't need a degree for web design or graphics or anything in related fields. These are careers you can land based on your skill alone by displaying a portfolio of your past work.
>>
>>18449617
are you from the philippines ?
Fuck what your parents think, do what your heart tells you
>>
>>18449617
Cross the border to the best country near yours.
>>
>>18451083
>>18451102
how'd you guys know? o.O
maybe the call center gave it away
anyway as you may know because of that k-12 program this is my last chance to finish my studies if not then i'll have to go back to seƱor high

>>18449709
>>18450146
>>18451077
>>18451093
thanks for the advice guys i've decided that i should get a job temporarily while continue learning with online courses and ebooks and build my portfolio
>>
>>18451345
I know because I work there
Good luck anon , I hope you will be able to continue your studies later
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.