[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depersonalization Help me for fuck's sake edition >can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1428742203205.jpg (69KB, 395x310px) Image search: [Google]
1428742203205.jpg
69KB, 395x310px
Depersonalization

Help me for fuck's sake edition

>can't remember details
>constantly at a loss for words
>feels like I'm in my own spacey bubble
>no enjoyment from anything anymore other than sleeping
>foggy brain to hell and back
>no energy to do anything
>easily irritated

I'm trying to major in computer science and I'm going into my senior year, but about 5 weeks ago I woke up and since then every waking moment has been like a dream to the point where I can't tell when I'm awake or asleep.

> inb4 smoke weed bro
I've fucking tried it and it doesn't do shit. the only comfort it gives me is knowing my brain isn't in a sober state of mind
>>
>>18449320
Tbh I think everyone in computer science/engineering/physics is dead inside in their 4th year. all the small things were big issues.

what i found helps:
>take up a hobby.
>set up a time each night where you dont do anything related to your studying (ie. at 9 PM put all your books away and start watching tv or something)
>exercise
>try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (which I understand is hard)
>JOIN A CLUB AT SCHOOL, preferably something that requires you to get on your feet and perhaps sweating. i joined the hip hop dance club at school. a good part about this is that your social life gets a boost, which is really healthy to have as well.

good luck.

source: computer science major, friends were in mechanical engineering and physics and we all agree that we were all fucked up in our 4th year. especially with job applications and stuff. we just graduated but for the most part we all felt the same way.
>>
>>18449351
> take up a hobby
all of them died as of 5 weeks ago. They aren't interesting enough to capture my gold fish-like attention span.

>set up time each night where you don't do anything
Literally don't have anything to do right now cause Summer and I'm still like this.

> exercise
Stopped going 2 weeks in cause I felt no different and ended up sleeping for 14+ hours a night when I did exercise

> 8 hours of sleep
I'm lucky if I can go to sleep for 2 hours

> join a club
School's out

Not trying to shoot down your ideas, appreciate the advice, but I mentally and physically can't function anymore. I don't even remember basic commands in Command Line, a class I took last quarter. Literally everything I learned just up and poofed. I lost an internship opportunity because of this and it's driving me bat shit insane
>>
>>18449372
Have you seen a doctor?
>>
>>18449351
This. We have to look after ourselves. What OP described is common for a great many people. Recognizing that something is wrong mentally is actually good. Be proactive and have faith that eventually things will improve.
>>
Google "grounding techniques" and try them. They don't 100% make everything better but they help way more than you'd think given how simple they sound.

Also get yourself to a park. Bring a book or your phone. Walk to a bench and sit there. Summer break is always weird because you're recovering from and intense, stimulation filled year. It's okay to feel weird. Getting outside helps. I swear feeling the wind and hearing birds for half an hour a day: it helps. Talking to friends online or in person helps.

And getting sleep is hugely key. If you start getting ten or so hours of sleep a night and still have trouble remembering things go see a therapist/psychologist. The desire for sleep and not much else along with difficulty remembering things sounds like depression to me. But summer is again a weird time so it's always hard to tell.
>>
>>18449399
I have seen 5 doctors and one of them finally referred me to a psychologist.

the other 4 ordered bloodtests and were never to be seen or heard from again

>>18449403
> faith

how to obtain this faith with a failing liver despite never drinking alcohol, a digestion tract that doesn't digest anything, the energy of a sloth with the brain of a 4 year old autist on shrooms

At this point I'm gonna say fuck it and become a crack head

>>18449416
I'll try the grounding thing and going for a walk. Anything more than 5 minutes of moving saps the fuck out of me tho. Trying to schedule an appointment with some dumb bitch who apparently majored in psychology because a degree in answering the fucking phone sounds too hard
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.