[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get ready for an incredibly self indulgent post. I have two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1497124639463.png (50KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497124639463.png
50KB, 200x200px
Get ready for an incredibly self indulgent post.

I have two very close friends, the kind of friends you've known forever and have only ever grown closer to. One friend is getting married and she has asked me to be her maid of honour.

Here's the issue - I grew up fat and ugly. I hit my early twenties and put everything into improving myself. I'm still fat, but I workout five times a week and eat healthily. Slowly slowly, I'm getting there. It seems to be taking forever but it's working.

Both of my friends are very slim. Tomorrow I am going for a dress fitting and even though I'm ridiculously excited about seeing my friends, I feel sick about the idea of going to try this dress on. Seeing myself in the mirror makes me feel sick and there will be other people there as well.

I know it'll trigger my anxiety about how I look. I know I won't enjoy the experience and I'll end up sinking into a pit of self hatred that will take weeks to go away. It'll ruin the day, put me in a negative frame of mind and I'll be ultra sensitive about what is said and what people might think.

I really want to take this opportunity and enjoy it, as I don't get to see my friends as much anymore. But this is such a big deal to me that I'm already worrying.

How can I stop thinking so much about myself and enjoy the actual experience for what it is?

I can't speak to my friends about this because it's embarrassing.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Tits or get out
>>
>>18449183

Im a dude so this whole self image hatred thing isnt something we typically deal with. But my best advice is to have your phone handy and have a ton of pictures on it from when you were a total fat lard. The worse looking, the better.

When you are trying on dresses or w/e and you start getting anxiety, discretly take your phone out and go through the pictures. Then look in the mirror. Accept that you have greatly improved. Accept that you are already doing everything in your power to improve further. Accept that because of this, you WILL improve further. Accept that because of this, there is nothing more you can do now that can change your image overnight. Accept yourself for who you are, and for the progress you are making, and for the progress that you will continue to make. There is absolutely nothing you can do to avoid the situation i think, and if there was it would be dumb and unhealthy. You are who you are. You are taking steps to better yourself. No one could ask more than that of you - the only person who will not be impressed that you have lost weight is yourself.

It really just boils down to internalizing that you are still a work in progress and celebrating what you have accomplished, rather than feeling down on what you havnt accomplished yet. You arnt supercunt. Youre just another woman. And if you truly are making progress, you are absolutely doing just fine and you not only have nothing to be ashamed of - you have so much to feel proud about. When you have anxiety and feel bad during the dress thing, just remember all of this and focus on all the good rather than the bad that technically doesnt even exist.
>>
>>18449227

Wow...I can't thank you enough for taking the time out to write that. But thank you.

I have bad days where I feel like I haven't changed at all. I have taken progress photos though, and the difference is pretty clear. I just seem perpetually stuck in this mindset that I'm disgusting compared to everybody else.

I suppose the way forward is to stop comparing myself. I have a very different body type to my friends as well - something I need to remember. They are both very reassuring but sometimes it falls on deaf ears because I'm so convinced and aware of my shortcomings.
>>
>>18449278

Thats how progress works. You hit plateaus that are difficult to pass. Starting a routine of self improvement in itself is a massive test of willpower. Keeping at it tests your will even further. Consider these plateaus and points where you feel like you arnt getting anywhere as boss levels. They are the hardest part, and many people fail and break on them and contract what is known as the fuck-its (eg: this isnt working as fast as i want so fuck it, ill just give up and wallow in pity).

Maybe you arnt as attractive as your friends because of your weight. Maybe you do have a long way to go. It doesnt matter. What matters is that you ALREADY have come a long way. What matters is that you have improved, and that you will not quit when things get tough - and because of this, you WILL continue to improve further.

Its ok to not feel great every day of your life! This is NORMAL. Accept you will have days where you feel like dogshit. Dont wallow in it though. Youre in a new routine of self improvement. Your brain is not used to this shit - its used to feeling sorry for itself and wallowing in pity and doing fuckall to help itself. Its a habit you probably had most of your life, and its a habit you are IN THE PROCESS of breaking. Your brain wants what is routine, because fuck you you thats why. Its wired to seek behavioural patterns that it is used to because even though they may be harmful, in some perverse way your brain finds comfort in them. Laying down and accepting defeat pushes the trouble away. It means you dont have to struggle. It means you dont have to be responsible and willingly inflict hardship on yourself to improve. Your brain is wired to want comfort - and currently, it is still trying to get the hang of your new lifestyle.
>>
>>18449326
Again, you are a work IN PROGRESS. Dont compare yourself to others. Compare your present self to your old self, and you will win every fucking time because your present self shits on your old self. Then imagine how you will look a year from now if you hold on tight and continue the awesome path you are currently on - and instead of feeling bad - recognize you are literally climbing that ladder and on a collusion course with that successful end.

Its so important to be able to accept that you are already doing all you can. It is ridiculous to think you are a shitty person when you already came so far and you are sticking to the plan that will bring you even further. Your brain can be fucking ridiculous - because your new lifestyle doesnt fit the mold of what it thinks is normal.

I think you have the tools and mindset to do that dress shit and enjoy yourself. Whats important is to keep all of these FACTS with you as long as you continue to improve - especially when you feel like giving up. Recognize those feelings are coming from your lazy brain that wants easy life and comfort, because it is young and changing and learning to adapt.

Theres nothing wrong with you. You are doing more than most people. Feel proud. And when its all over, and you have a slamming body - you can celebrate the rest of your life on how you overcame hardship and became a badass motherfucker. When life presents new challenges - you will have the willpower and skills needed to beat the fuck out of those challenges. Your skinny friends have it easy. But easiness fosters only weakness, not strength. Maybe they are lucky now, but when things get tough, only you will be the one to come through the trouble with ease while they struggle.

Give yoself a pat on the back and have fun!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.