[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me > Asian, 24, bachelor in bio and certificate in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (409KB, 1136x1833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 1136x1833px
>be me
> Asian, 24, bachelor in bio and certificate in biochemistry
> competitive amateur bodybuilder & powerlifter
> working on getting into pt school. But literally all pt tech/rehab aide positions I'm looking into don't call me back after interviews

Maybe I suck at interviewing. I'm polishing them as we speak. But honestly, every healthcare career field I'm trying to break into, it's almost impossible for me to get it.

Tried getting into pharmacy, tried becoming a pharmacy tech and couldn't get in

Tried to be anesthesiologist, worked on becoming anesthesiology tech, couldn't get in

Can you guys help me broaden my mind and see what other fields or type of work I can look into? I'm beginning to doubt whether or not I'm meant to be a doctor/work in healthcare. I'm pretty utilitarian in my thinking, I'm wondering if that's why employers are looking past me during job interviews.

Tl;dr need career options outside of having to study for some bullshit exam just to stay in school for 3+ more years to only be in debt and not utilizing said time to establishing proper career
>>
Hump
>>
File: 1497052143004.jpg (460KB, 2131x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1497052143004.jpg
460KB, 2131x1417px
It's all about the face. For sure.
>>
>>18449338
It's because I'm ugly huh?
>>
>>18449355
What?
>>
>>18449338
How do I get gf like these?
>>
>>18449140
>all pt tech/rehab aide positions I'm looking into don't call me back after interviews
A lot of my friends that got jobs in physical therapy/rehab were kinesiology majors. which of your biology curriculum classes overlap with kinesiology curriculum classes?
>tried becoming a pharmacy tech and couldn't get in
Don't you need to go to a college and get a certificate in order to be a pharmacy tech? that's how it is in my city it's not even long, it's like a few months or a year or two.
>worked on becoming anesthesiology tech, couldn't get in
again, don't you need a certification from a college for this?
>need career options outside of having to study for some bullshit exam
have you considered working at a hospital lab?
my friend that got his degree in biology got a gig at a cancer care research lab.
you can also get a job as an emt.

good luck.
>>
>>18449140
I live in the north east and my ex had a lot of trouble getting in, I think most places want people with at least 5 years experience already, crazy shit, difficult to get into.

It mostly comes down to luck imo, by all means up your interview skills, at worst you might be an intimidating girl because you're a body builder but I don't think that should be a reason to reject you.
>>
>>18449394
> overlap
Uh, none I guess. It's all hard sciences, research, lab stuff

> certified
Depends on the location. Some places will ask you to certify upon hiring

> hospital lab
Yes, and honest to God I hate lab work

Emt I will look into though
>>
>>18449442
Holy fuck
> you need 5 years experience to get into this entry level position
Bitch what?
>>
>>18449469
Edit: I'm expressing my frustration that this is so true!
>>
>>18449469
>>18449490
It's really depressing, she even HAD TO PAYYYYY for a fucking six month internship(that didn't help her at all). And this is fucking common.

It was mind blowing when I heard she was actually paying for a fucking internship... When it's bad enough that you don't even get paid in the first place.
>>
Maybe you should go back to where you came from?
>>
>>18449140

Damn, OP, totally not being creepy, but i bet you look good naked.

Anyways, have you searched elsewhere? I'm assuming you live in a densely populated area. Have you tried somewhere less populated?
>>
>>18450642
omg op hot. more pics pls

Christ you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>18450673

I never said more pics, so fuck off.
>>
File: 1472170667315.png (527KB, 561x497px) Image search: [Google]
1472170667315.png
527KB, 561x497px
>>18449140
Your grades have to be on point. 3.5+ is a MUST and your GRE has to be 160 160 and 4 at least.

Unless you treat it like Medical School you're not getting in. The standards are way higher now that they only train DPTs.

t. Pre-DPT observing at a hospital right now
>>
>>18449377
was this type of gf something you already had in mind or did you literally just see this new look and think "ooohhh so cute!" and ask how to gf it? if it's the latter youre probably fucked
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.