[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a place of my own? It seems the cost of living is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1496559353874.jpg (246KB, 680x875px) Image search: [Google]
1496559353874.jpg
246KB, 680x875px
How do I get a place of my own? It seems the cost of living is absurdly high. Even the singles and studios around here begin at $1500 which seems just nuts to me.

I want to move out because my deteriorating relationship with my parents is negatively impacting my mental health, and for other obvious reasons. I have about 7K to my name, but I work retail so most of my paycheck would be going toward rent.

Since the cost of living is so high around here, I'd probably have to move to another state/town. Trouble is, I don't know where to start looking.
>>
Start by exploring. Find a biome you find ideal, then look into pricing.
>>
>>18448971
find roommates. You can't swing a studio or single bedroom on your own with those kinds of prices. You should never spend more than 1/3 of your income on housing. You need the other 2/3 for bills, food, living expenses, etc. At your earning level, you need 2 or 3 roommates to achieve that balance.

Use Craigslist to find roommates. Be careful and choose wisely. Make sure it's a good fit for everyone and that you'll all get along and no one is a nutjob.
>>
>>18448985
No chance of going someplace where my income would net me more? I'm not sure a single bedroom with 2-3 roommates would be any better than what I have currently.
>>
>>18448971

we are a nation that has decided that if we cannot have the maximum level of comfort, we would rather just continue to suffer. its dumb.

get roommates. share a room if you have to. look into a plan that will change your earning potential.

>idk where to start looking

wherever the fuck you want. want to move far? pick a few spots at random and work your way around on craigslist. want to stay close? well that narrows it down considerbaly then. the only thing to not do is nothing.
>>
>>18448999
It's not a single bedroom with 2-3 roommates. You get a 2-3 bedroom apartment or house. There is no shortage of people with larger apartments or houses who need bodies to fill rooms so the leaseholder can pay the rent.

Of course moving elsewhere is a possibility. Do anywhere you want. Just make sure the cost to get there isn't more than 2 grand, so you have a 5k safety net to fall back on if you have trouble getting a job once you get to where you're going.
>>
>>18448971
for the worst roach motels it's around 1,100 around where i am, not even including utilities, shit sucks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.