[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>guy threatens to kick my ass >I pop out a knife >guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: 1490068051033.jpg (67KB, 300x334px) Image search: [Google]
1490068051033.jpg
67KB, 300x334px
>guy threatens to kick my ass
>I pop out a knife
>guy backs down

Now his friends are saying I escalated things even though nothing came out of it. Who's in the wrong here?
>>
Does it matter?
>>
>>18447824
tell them all to fuck off or else they get shivved. simple as.
>>
>>18447824
you
definetly you. Why the fuck would you "pop out" a deadly weapon in any case if you didn't have to defend your life. You could be rightfully sued for such a thing you brainlet.
Don't ever do that shit in an armed robbery. It will surely get you killed
>>
File: 1488214875021.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488214875021.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>18447824
>turning a small altercation into a possible life or death situation
>>
>>18447875
>implying I would ever rob someone

I would never do that. Is it so hard to believe that people carry weapons? Guy was lucky it wasn't a handgun.
>>
Next time a guy threatens to kick your ass just pretend like you are really scared and back down and then poison him.
>>
>>18447911
>implying I would ever rob someone
i wasn't implying that. I meant: If you ever get robbed by someone (armed or not), don't ever put your own weapon out, just give the dude the money and swallow your pride. Otherwise the situation will surely escalate
>>
>>18447824
Oh, No don't pull weapons or ever escalate an argument. People will always test Your patience, however, You do not want any felonies placed against You or worst.
>>
It is better to go overboard with something if it means stopping an issue. There is a reason why people carry ridiculously huge revolvers and pull it out or flash it when any kind of harm can happen. It's meant to scare the person into stopping

What you did was extreme yea, but it's better to defend yourself in any way, than to let someone threaten you around. Keep in mind , a regular fight can also kill you as well . Better to be crazy than a pussy

T. Someone that grew up in a new Jersey black ghetto
>>
You look like a coward to me.
>>
>>18448147
That's dangerous advice, forget the pride. Yes, pulling a weapon may immediately end a potential argument however what if it escalates?

Someone insults You
You pull out a gun
That someone has too much pride to back off and attacks
You go for a pistol whip but miss
That someone now has a grip on the gun
You can't risk losing the gun
You use all your strength to break the grip
You shoot,the person falls, will probably die
Do You stay or Run?
Either way things are looking very bad for You
>>
>>18448177
It's one thing with words, it's another thing with physical assault. Anyone that kills a man over insults is a idiot, even if they insult his mother., But it's another thing to threaten someone with physical assault.

Shit like that needs to be taken care of ASAP before it gets worse. People seem to forget that just kicking someones ass is the same thing as killing a man, in that anytjing cam and will go wrong
>>
>>18448234
Here's the problem, what counts as psychical assault and should you really respond with potentially fatal violence?
>>
>>18448234
Kicking someones rear can be swept under the rug and even make a future story, however killing someone has very serious repercussions.
>>
>>18448279
Or rather *reapercussions
>>
>>18447824
You're in the clear, anon. Those mongloids were all talk. Next time stab those fuckers in the kidney.
>>
It is within a person's right to defend themselves if they feel their lives are threatened, which threat of physical assault is valid. Don't listen to these chumps who possibly live in Commiefornia or whatever. As long as you didn't threaten him back and knives are legal to carry on you, then you're clear.
>>
I dunno, while you DID escalate the situation, I have a rule about shutting that shit down.

Did you shut shut down? Did anybody get hurt? Seems like a win in my book.
>>
Legally, threatening you is assault. Assuming you live in America, you're legally in the clear even if you did need to defend yourself.
>>
>>18447824
Well, things de-escalated and nobody got hurt... in this particular instance.

Things could have gone way different and one or both of you might have wound up dead.

Legally speaking you probably fucked up. Context matters for this. Was the guy a lot bigger and stronger than you? Were you in a public setting? Could you have simply avoided the confrontation? Did you take part in escalating the altercation towards a fight? Basically in self defense you must respond to a credible threat with like force. If he could tear you limb from limb and was basically forcing you into the confrontation, then there is a disparity of force and you are justified in using a lethal weapon to even the odds.
>>
You are in the wrong. Things ended fine since nobody got hurt, but if that's your reaction to everything, you're going to be in a really bad situation one day. What if the other guy has a knife and is way more mad than you? What if the other guy has a gun? You're putting your own life on the line for some petty shit. Learn to handle yourself better and don't get in those situations to start with. And if you happen to do, don't escalate and just try to leave the situation. If it comes to self defense, then and only then do something dumb like fight or pull out a weapon.
>>
File: thread.jpg (55KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
thread.jpg
55KB, 960x720px
>>18447906
This
>>
>>18448609
Fuck that noise. If you're not willing to let an altercation get ugly, then don't start an altercation.
>>
>>18448670
You are talking about killing someone. Maybe you should think about having your anus explored by your hulking black roommate named Tina in prison. Or going to hell if you believe in that stuff.
>>
>>18447824
> male arrested for showing knife to aggressive man

said no one ever. You felt threatened, so you used a knife as a deterrent. HE wanted to pick a fight with you. Fuck the other guy, if anything you just boosted your street cred up.

Props homey
>>
>>18447824
Tell his friends to Fuck off or you'll bust a cap in their ass.
>>
>>18447824

>>18449496 OP where did you buy your gun that shoots knives?
>>
>>18447824
You did good anon. Bitches gonna be salty no matter what, especially since they DIDN'T get to tenderize ur face
>>
File: 84287182.jpg (306KB, 684x640px) Image search: [Google]
84287182.jpg
306KB, 684x640px
>>18447824
>commits a felony
>posts about it online
yfw this is you
>>
>>18450271
>owning a knife
>a felony
>OP probably lives in US
>same country where you dissipate someone's fucking head with a shot gun if they break into your home and you get praise for it
Europoors please stop posting. Anyone willing to start a fight should be fully prepared to whatever bat shit crazy the other guy might do.

This thread is full of genuine faggots
>>
>>18449463
>>18450295
>>18448670
This so hard. People die every day because they're sheltered as fuck and think they can just challenge every Joe on the fucking street
>>
You're an idiot because that shit is generally an empty threat.

The people that think you're in the right assume that the guy would've really gone in for a beatdown.

Look, there's two kinds of people:

1. The kind of person who'll just talk shit because they don't expect anything serious to really come out of it. Ergo, the kind of person that's not going to seriously injure you anyway or might not even carry out the threat.

2. The kind of person who is PERFECTLY AWARE that shit can get real bad but don't care cause they're ready.

So you brandish your knife. Most times it'll be situation 1 and you end up being the crazy fuck who pulls a knife over fucking nothing because of your "pride" or whatever. You're basically that stupid guy in the movies who gets mega-mad when the protagonist makes a fool out of them and pulls a knife thinking it makes you a big shot when it really just makes you seem weak and desperate.

Now on the off chance you run into the second type of person, they're either ALSO going to pull a knife or a baton and now you are going to get REALLY fucking hurt even if you win. Not only that, but he has his hard-ass friends with him too? Life ain't a video game son, they're going to jump you all at once and beat your fucking face in and it doesn't matter if they're cowards or not for ganging up on you - the end result is that you still get beaten within an inch of your life.

Or, they just pull a piece and blow you away. "He pulled a knife on me sir, we were in an altercation and I was fearful for my life."

You can tell who the stupid fucks are in this threat by their posts: "HUUURRR SELF DEFENSE BRO they threatened u now you're justified!!!" Think about that for a second you fucking dipshits - now since the op pulled a knife the opposing party CAN USE THE SAME DAMN REASON to fucking end him.

Same for those John Wayne wannabe motherfuckers who've never left Bumblefuck, Arkansas wanting to solve verbal shouting matches with a goddamn firearm.
>>
File: 1398197713124.gif (2MB, 318x239px) Image search: [Google]
1398197713124.gif
2MB, 318x239px
>>18447824

>Now his friends are saying I escalated things even though nothing came out of it. Who's in the wrong here?

I can only speak legally. As far as who is right or wrong, I can't say, you haven't really provided a wealth of information to go off of.

Legally speaking, chances are you were in the wrong. Most states do not have a form of "stand your ground" laws, which allow you to stay and fight when threatened or harassed. In most states you have to make an attempt to flee or separate yourself from threats before a legal argument for self-defense can be made.

"Stand your ground" laws aside, most states also require that the escalation be proportionate to the threat meaning that if someone merely verbally threatens you then pulling out a knife, depending on the state and context of the situation of course, that may be considered a disproportionate escalation of the situation. A lawyer may argue that instead of attempting to diffuse the situation with words or attempt to leave the area you immediately escalated what was a simple verbal disagreement into a possible life or death confrontation.

Also, juries have historically frowned upon the use of a knife. It is often considered a "thug's" weapon and due to the nature of knife wounds being so graphic and bloody even if your purpose was self defense there is a good chance that a jury will look at the pictures of the wounds and find you guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. Sometimes it isn't important what the situation actually is, its what it looks like.

I'm not saying I agree with any of these laws, I'm just stating the facts. I encourage you in the future to contemplate these kinds of actions before you take them. Regardless of my opinion about the situation you can and will get in a shit ton of trouble for stabbing an unarmed person in a fight regardless of who was the aggressor.
>>
at least now he knows that anybody might have a knife on them and threatening to beat people up can put his own life in danger. idk if what you did was right or not, but him threatening you was wrong. you shouldn't feel bad about defending yourself, no matter what you felt like you had to do at the time.
>>
>>18450295
http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws/
Check out some places like CO, TN, FL, CA
No matter which state you're in you're only allowed to brandish the knife if your life is in immediate danger. someone saying he's going to beat you up is not that.
>>
>>18450332
yes now he knows to carry his own knife or a firearm in order to be superior to someone with a knife.
>>
>>18447824
Nah your right OP in general. Always escalate, but be smart about it. You need to cover your ass. Next time tell the guy you don't want to fight. If he comes at you then you pull the knife. Open and shut self defense.
>>
>>18450426
Until he and his friends literally kill you for pulling a knife.

Then escalating seems kind of fucking stupid.
>>
How about you learn how to fight?
Next time someone says theyre gonna kick your ass you don't need to pull a knife like the pussy you are.
>>
You're not in the wrong OP. You have to defend yourself by any means necessary. That guy is wrong for being violent. If you try to inflict harm on someone, prepare to be harmed.
>>
>>18450669

>You're not in the wrong OP.

Well, legally, he is.
>>
File: 1467070595570.jpg (85KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
1467070595570.jpg
85KB, 800x494px
>>18448275
Fists and feet can kill you, you fucking faggot. Best thing to do is run or try to de-escalate the situation. If you can't run or de-escalate and the person is actually going to physically attack you, then draw your handgun. This will hopefully make the aggressor back down, and if not ventilate them.
>>
>>18450671
Legality isn't a concern to a dead person.
>>
>>18450682

>Legality isn't a concern to a dead person.

But OP isn't dead. He's alive and I don't know if you've popped your head in a book or a courtroom recently but claiming "There is a possibility I could have died." hasn't historically been a great legal defense for stabbing an unarmed person.
>>
>>18449443
No shit. Any altercation, any whatsoever, could turn deadly in an instant. If you aren't prepared for that, don't go around picking fights. I don't know about your state, but mine is very lenient towards self defense.

If you threaten me, you'd better mean it, homie.
>>
>>18450319
i feel like nobody read this post
>>
>>18450751
I did, and it's good advice. But I live in a stand your ground state, so I've been all about fucking these guys up
>>
>>18447824
What were you supposed to do? Wait until you're injured or unconscious to defend yourself?
>>
>>18450767
You're defending yourself with fists once you get attacked with fists.

This isn't a situation where the other party has raised the stakes to a lethal fight, so you don't either.
>>
If you think he really was gonna fight you, and you would've gotten your ass kicked, you did the right thing. If you could've taken him, or he wasn't really gonna fight you, then you shouldn't have.

But it's definitely better to be seen as the guy that took things a little far than the guy that got his ass whooped
>>
>>18447824
fucking based. i hope you made that chad shit his pants. tell your friends they're a bunch of normie plebs
>>
>>18450796
I mean I understand the logic behind this, but honestly even just two guys can fuck someone up within an inch of his life. Even a single guy can, if he knows what he's doing. Hell, even if he's lucky.
>>
If you pulled that shit in Australia, your aggravated ass would be sent straight to jail.

Self defence here only works if it's reflective of the threat.
>>
>>18451132
Australia has been cucked out of guns. Fuck Australia.
>>
File: 1497689085326.png (809KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
1497689085326.png
809KB, 500x692px
>>18447824
MY MAN. I LOVE BAD ASS SHIT LIKE THIS. Say You were threatened and surrounded and you needed protect yourself.
>>
like.

how can anyone who wasn't there, say shit about this realistically?

fucking idiot.
>>
>>18451480
>like
this isnt facebook, you bag of shit.

downvote
>>
>>18447923
should i bend over aswell and let him rape me?
>>
>>18447824
the one in the wrong is the guy who sought the conflict
if you're after trouble and can't handle the heat you that says a lot about the person
>>
>>18450698
You a big guy? Why didn't you just fight him? Just fight to win if you didn't think you could take him grab is nuts, stick your fingers in his eyes, twist is nose, bit him if you have to you don't really have to bring out a knife unless you were genuinely thought this guy was gonna stomp you out
>>
Why do people even expect a fair fight and good sportsmanship from strangers? Is this strictly a Western phenomenon or just people with pampered upbringing?
>>
>>18451485
this, for real. you did the right thing OP, weapons can deescalate. he tried to fight you, you pulled a knife, he backed off. what a faggot, fuck his friends.
>>
>>18452388
For you.

Nobody's picked a fight with me in a long time, but I think I could say this with confidence: my escalation would be proportionate. I wouldn't pull a weapon unless I felt it was necessary. However, a weapon is a good deterrent, and I think that's as close to "flight" as I get.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.