[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How stupid would it be to decline a job offer in hopes of another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How stupid would it be to decline a job offer in hopes of another job that pays more? I can't negotiate the difference in salary as it's much more than what can normally be negotiated.

>be me, applying for jobs in San Francisco/Seattle because they pay substantially more than the ones in Vancouver (I'm a Canadian)
>Randomly contacted by local company that I don't recall applying for
>Go through interview process with them as I continue to apply for jobs
>Get job offer from local company
>Pay is low compared to what I can potentially make in the USA

I'd essentially be getting an extra $2000 to $3000 per month in net income if I worked in the USA.
>>
Isn't it a huge hassle for American companies to hire foreigners? Might be different in Canada, but do you have any idea what your chances are?

Also do you really wanna live in the shithole that is USA? Have fun getting stabbed
>>
>>18447777
Did you know that you can keep looking for jobs even when employed?

Almost all jobs have ~3 months time for both sides to break up. So agree and keep trying to gwt that usa job.
>>
>>18447777
As a life time SF Bay Area resident if the weather was not absolutely perfect here I'd be gone in a heart beat. Fucking sjw have completely screwed the pooch and ruined it for everyone.
>>
>>18448135
This. You can look for jobs while working jobs.
Of course you'll want to keep it a secret from your current employer because in most cases you can be fired for it, but there's nothing wrong with it.
Most employers want to see that you have a history of constant employment, McJob or not. If you have large swaths of unemployment in your history because of any reason other than severe medical issues, that is automatically going to put you at the bottom of any potential employers list of hires.
>>
>>18447929
It's much easier since I'm from Canada. The hardest part is that not a lot of companies know that it's easier, so they think it's like hiring someone overseas (which entails a lot more paperwork, a lawyer, and more).

>>18448135
>>18448653
Working at a job for a few months looks so fucking bad on a resume (internships aside). Not only that, but I'd be burning the bridge at this company if I quit within a few months.
>>
The industry is software development.
>>
>>18449131

1. If you quit, don't list it on your resume
2. If you get a better offer, who cares about that burnt bridge

I had a friend who accepted a contract @ Google because the offer was set to explode during his interview process for a FT role @ Apple. He got the Apple job 3 weeks later and put in his notice.

The recruiter who got him Google was pissed. He didn't care. He's making more, likes his work a lot better, and has been promoted several times at Apple now.
>>
>>18449563

Following up on this post:

You are in software. It's the industry that eats the world. ESPECIALLY in SF/Seattle. If you're good (and this is the most important part) at it, you will never have a difficult time finding jobs. Recruiters will throw themselves at you.

Take the job in Vancouver and keep applying.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.