[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

she hasnt said a word to me in 2 weeks me and my gf were just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1489311947355.png (203KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489311947355.png
203KB, 512x512px
she hasnt said a word to me in 2 weeks

me and my gf were just hanging out like usual and then after i dropped her off at home i never heard from her again since that day. shes been posting on instagram still so i know shes alive. ive sent 3 texts since that day. it says theyve been seen. sometimes when shes sad she wont reply or whatever but thats normal but this is on a new level. im sad and confused. im pretty sure this is her breaking up with me but im shocked she wont even say anything. we havent been dating for a super long time but long enough to where this is really strange. i dont know what to do??? is there even anything i can do???

my chest aches from the stress
>>
>>18447656

maybe she is feeling sadder than usual? maybe she just needs time. be patient. remind her you miss her but don't be overbearing.
>>
>>18447656
Both from my personal experience and the experience of others, not responding even for 2 or 3 days usually is a clear sign of a break up. I understand that that you're shocked and confused, and there is nothing wrong with that. The first time it happened to me was back in hs when my gf didn't reply to me for about a day or two, and when I went out with my friends she passed right by us, looked at me and didn't even say hi. They do that mostely because they want to avoid the awkwardness of a break up, or they themselves are confused in general.

Best advice I can give you is to move on. I understand if you don't feel like doing that just yet, but there is nothing sensible left. This way you can "stay classy" and next time you see her, don't give in and don't let yourself be jaded. Try not to stress yourself too much about it. It's a shit advice, I know, but that's the best I can do.
>>
>>18447691
yeah ive tried to not say too much. im not sure if shes sad right now, shes been doing a lot of stuff lately. like hanging with friends and she even went aon a little 2 day vacation. usually if shes sad she wont respond for like a day or something. i dont want to be overbearing like you said. but she usually texts me like every day or every other day. i am beyond confused and im starting to lose all hope. but i will keep waiting
>>
>>18447696
thank you for this. i hate to think that this is what could be happening but im also really nervous right now so all of my thoughts are worst case scenario stuff. i wont be surprised if i never hear from her again. i just wish she would clear or anything. last time i saw her everything was great we have always had a good time together. its just so sudden
>>
>>18447656
hey i have chronic suicidal depression and I would never give my boyfriend the silent treatment just because of being depressed.

This girl is disrespecting you and disreguarding your feelings no matter how depressed she may be. Depression isnt an excuse to treat other people like shit.

You know what I would do? Call her from a blocked number and ask her why she has been ignoring you. Ask if this is a break up. Just be straight with her dude.
>>
>>18447734
i dont want to call her and trick her. i think maybe just call her from my phone in a week or so
>>
You're ghosted. For whatever reason, or no reason at all, she broke up with you. She's too inconsiderate to even say that it's over. Move on, she's not worth it.
>>
>>18447805
why the hell not?
>>
>>18447818
i dont want to be sneaky
>>
>>18447817
you are probably right. thanks man
>>
>>18447818
Because its fuckin manipulative for fucks sake.

OP try calling her from your number, if she doesn't respond after some tries call her from another number. If something is wrong you should contact her one way or another.
>>
>>18447848
Still at least try to contact her. Even little misunderstandings or doubts should be cleared.

It will affect you in the long run if you just go without knowing jack shit
>>
>>18447867
yeah i totally respect a breakup but i prefer to know why
>>
>>18447869
call her , like now.

if she won't answer, send a brief message asking if she's ok, and what's the matter etc?

no reply, maybe give up after you've asked mutual friends or whoever.
>>
>>18447860
who cares if its manipulative? why give respect to someone who has such little respect for OP to the point of giving him the silent treatment for two weeks? Respect is earned. I've been walked over my whole life and I finally got the confidence to get what I want when I need it. There is no sense in sacrificing your own sanity just because you want to be polite to someone who is fucking with you.
>>
>>18447878
Call her, try a few times. Even from different means (house phone or fb call or something).

If she insists on not responding then you can ask mutual friends. Ask through messages if shes ok, whatever, let her know you're worried.

If she is clearly and intentionally avoiding you despite this, like if its ABSOLUTELY OBVIOUS, then send her a message that its over. Its no use past that I would say.

But its your life OP, you decide how things roll out.
>>
>>18447878
its 2 in the morning where i live so maybe ill wait until later. if she doesnt answer ill send a text asking if something is wrong
>>
>>18447887
maybe ill message her over instagram to let her know im worried and if no reply another one to confirm a breakup
>>
>>18447886
Never know what the other person is going through, or what they are thinking.

This mentality of acting upon assumptions only is a real fucking problem, and will only get you disliked in the long run.

I had a friend who acted and insulted and shit without having the full picture and it got so stressful and it felt like shit.

If you are like this please stop.
>>
>>18447897
it sounds like OP is already disliked so what is there to lose? Also how would she even know she was being tricked? A lot of people have numbers that are unlisted.

I was in a situation where I dated someone for ~6 months and out of nowhere the guy stopped talking to me for another 6 months. The only way I could get an answer out of him was calling from a blocked number and it was worth it. Closure is important if you don't get it you'll feel awful.

Sometimes its OK to be selfish, especially when the other person is being selfish because they are a coward.

>Never know what the other person is going through, or what they are thinking.

yeah this is exactly OPs problem because the girl wont even send a text back. Calling her with a blocked number would resolve this problem. It's better than living your life every day wondering "what did I do wrong" "Why am I not worthy of an explanation" "I must be really shitty for someone to ignore me like this". Getting the silent treatment out of nowhere from someone you were close with is fucking abusive it can really fuck with your self worth and even play into developing abandonment issues.

If I were OP I would get an answer at the cost of being 'sneaky' because it sure beats feeling like you're not good enough or staying up too late wondering how this happened.
>>
>>18447948
I will admit, being sneaky is viable but only as a last resort thing. Trying to be honest first is what you're looking for.
>>
>>18447963
how can OP be honest if he has already tried to contact her and has gotten 0 response? This already seems like a last resort situation so thats why I suggested it.
>>
>>18447734
This sums up everything, i have depression too but never felt entitled to treat people like shit and use it as a excuse, more importantly regardless the reason why she is ghosting you, is to move on completely from her, nobody deserve to receive silence treatment when they did nothing wrong.
>>
>>18447848
He is absolutely right. How do you see a long term relationship with this sort of bullshit progressing?

>>18447867
Why bother? OP, let this girl do her own thing (she's already doing that now), and don't give her the satisfaction of ANY contact should she ever call or text back. Unless you want to end up a beta orbiter or something.
>>
>>18447656
Silent treatment is emotional abuse. Look it up.
If there is no excellent reason behind this (like a death in the family), dump her ass. She might be in a depressed period and have BPD.
>>
call her up OP, don't matter if it's the middle of the night, you need to show your concern. fuck knows what's happened to her.
>>
>>18447656
Sorry anon but it's over. Send her a text thanking her for the fun times and wish her a wonderful life.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.