[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a quiet job you can get with little studies? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: _500.gif (406KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
_500.gif
406KB, 500x375px
What's a quiet job you can get with little studies?
I don't care about the salary, I just want to minimize stress and social interaction.
I know a librarian job will not last. I don't care about the salary, I just want to survive.
My only goal in life is to live a quiet and comfortable life.
I'm a dishwasher at the moment and I really can't stand the pressure, it's driving me nut.
I am miserable.

I was thinking bus driver, trucker or cab driver.
Please help before I sudoku.
>>
>>18447407
Have you considered becoming a monk?
>>
>>18447440
Yes, many times.
Alas, monasticism is dying and the prospect of such a career is terrifying.
>>
Please help
>>
>>18447452
Monasteries aren't disappearing because someone is firing the monks. It's because people don't want to become monks anymore. If you become a monk you will stay a monk if you so decide.
>>
>>18447407

There's an old parable about a man who sought to rid himself of all possible sources of stress and so live a perfectly serene life. He found a cave to live in that seemed perfect--dark, isolated, comfortable--only to be driven out because the sound of water dripping from the roof stressed him out too much.

Point being, if you're mindset isn't right it won't matter what job you do or where you go, you'll just bring all that stress with you. You don't want to be alone, you just don't want to suffer because of other people.

I recommend you read 'Full Catastrophe Living' by Jon Kabat-Zinn. It is the text form of a program (MBSR) that has helped people living with overwhelming stress learn to appreciate the life they have in whatever form it takes, among other things. This kind of living has cured the depression of people with painful terminal illnesses, so it can certainly ease the suffering of having to wash dishes and speak to other humans. When you start to feel better you may learn more about yourself and what you value, and you will gain the courage to live a life of purpose and meaning far beyond what you can imagine now.
>>
>>18447407
Bus driver and cab driver aren't quiet jobs. You get lots of drunk assholes giving you hassle.

Truck driver might be okay.

Maybe some bland, generic office ob, like insurance or something.

>>18447578
I agree with this somewhat. Obviously some jobs are more stressful than others, but the problem might just be you, in which case you have to get better at managing stress.
>>
>>18447407
Are you gonna bring out your Killer Queen?
>>
>>18447944
NANI
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.