[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay This might involve more than just me, I can't be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Okay

This might involve more than just me, I can't be the only one in this boat.

Do any of you guys feel... stupid? I feel stupid. More specifically, I feel like I'm perceived as being stupid, even though it's mostly difficult for me to articulate my thoughts.

Okay, so for example... I'm on a discussion board that talks about philosophy. I enjoy it, and have valuable insights by reading other's thoughts. But about half of the time, I cannot keep up with the verbiage they're using, and once I understand their verbiage, I don't see the value in it. When I have an insight and want to share, others either don't get it, or get it and it's not a deep insight as I thought.

At work, I was often laughed at when someone would ask me a personal opinion, and I'd go off the beaten path in order to explain my viewpoint.

People will often say that they, "can't understand that kid" and I can tell they stop listening to me in the middle of what I'm saying.

tl;dr: I have a hard time articulating my internal thoughts and it makes me feel like I'm perceived as a moron. Help?
>>
>>18447103
do you read books? read lots of them, try to identify what makes a method of communication good. how you express an idea is more important than the idea itself usually.

also can you give an example so we can see exactly what's wrong with it? like, explain a short viewpoint, or give an insight.
>>
>>18447103
I feel the same anon.

I stutter, on top of talking fairly quickly. The lack of an ability to communicate effectively with others is one of the main frustrations of my life.

That, and constantly being misconstrued is another issue I have.

I just don't really contribute much anymore because of it. I just let my thoughts fester because I'm too frustrated to get them out.

I think this has actually helped me a little although people get kind of weirded out when I don't feel like talking anymore. I think it's a matter of quality rather than quantity. Think before you speak and speak rarely. I think people may notice your words more when they are few and far between.

It just... sucks. For lack of better words.
>>
reroll charisma
>>
>>18447103
Same thing happens to me every time I get a new job. Everyone thinks I'm an idiot because I have a hard time expressing myself.

Then they see I'm actually really awesome and everyone loves me but they don't know how much I secretly resent them. Keeps me from doing new things, and suffice it to say I don't really have any relationships with others.
>>
>>18447270
jesus that's me

how do we stop this awful loop?
>>
>>18447103
Is that a swastika?! Are they skinheads!?
>>
>>18447159
/thread
>>
>>18447353
I don't know man, but at least it shows you how fucking phony most people are.

"Everyone told me not to like you so now I don't like you." - t. normies
>>
Watch and read more philosophy (Good movies & some Anime's like NGE & Serial Experiments Lain will give you a LOT of philosophy insight).

Can you give an exact example of such discussion, where you felt idiotic?

>>18447364
you're a retard
>>
>>18448552
Also, forgot to mention - When seeing philosophical movies and Anime's, you most probably won't understand them. Like NGE - most people didn't understand the ending and had to look up explanations. (I'm one of them).

But as you get gut in philosophy and understanding, you'll understand deeper things more easily. Take me for an example - I had no clue what was the ending of NGE, it was bunch of philosophical bs and then amazing action scenes with deeper meaning, which I could not understand. I looked up the explanation. I finally understood it all.
Then I watched Serial Experiments Lain - "HOLY SHIT I ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD IT BY MYSELF?!"

Like drawing, writing, sports, any kind of hobby - practice makes perfect. You can't jump into discussions without having any sort of insight. (Even unrelated insight.)
>>
>>18447103
Nigga I'm a fuckin moron. Just dont try to pretend that you're smarter than you are. If you don't understand something, try looking it up or asking questions about it.
Also, do you work out? Lift some weights if you don't. You can't be dumb and weak.
>>
>>18447103
you're just a retard.
>>
I always had a really hard time with this kind of thing, to the point where I legit thought I had learning difficulties and that people saw me as a spaz. I thought I had some sort of motor skills retardation (explaining my total lack of sporting ability), but last night I just said "fuck it" and rolled myself a pretty decent joint for the first time in my life, after years of getting buddies to roll for me because I assumed I was too much of a klutz to do it myself. Just cultivate a slight arrogant edge and throw yourself into things. Read and treat your body well. Practice everything, no matter how simple.
>>
>>18447103
Hey anon : ] What's the name of the philosophy discussion board? I would love to check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>18448573
Well, it's not that I am dumb. In fact, I think I'm significantly more intelligent than average. The problem is my expression of ideas. It's hard to give examples, but most of my school learning has been... "oh, that thing I've known intuitively for as long as I can remember has a name, neat" rather than, "I learned a new thing!" Obviously not everything was like that in school, but quite a bit.

>>18449347
The Barrel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.