[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else constantly bothered by the passing of time? Like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Ossoff-Mar-15-17.png (317KB, 380x544px) Image search: [Google]
Ossoff-Mar-15-17.png
317KB, 380x544px
Is anyone else constantly bothered by the passing of time?
Like, I have 9 or so hours before night. And 50 days before college starts again.
Every hour wasted bugs me.
How do you relax?
>>
>>18445209

I'm not sure if this is gonna help or hurt, but just consider how good you have it right now. Once you start working, you're going to have 4-5 hours to yourself each weekday that is not wrapped up in commute/getting ready and office time. Shave an hour or longer off of that if you go to the gym. Then you get a paltry weekend to enjoy yourself - but of course there's the chores you neglected over the week to take care of. So really, it's like... one day of rest, then more responsibility, then back to work.

Count your blessings that you can sleep in and fuck off all day right now.
>>
>>18445209

Mindfulness meditation helps enormously if you do it sincerely and consistently.
>>
Time is not real, it is just a concept invented by humans to keep up with other humans
In reality you are either existing or you are dead, but when you are dead you are not aware of this fact, so you basically have all the time, you could almost call it infinite, until it stops one day. You know it will stop but you dont know when, and when it happens, it wont matter.
>>
>>18445361
>when you are dead, you won't be aware of anything
you don't know this
>so basically you have all the time
I don't see any logical connection here. A person would still want to accomplish their goals before they die and are maybe unable to achieve their goals.

change of scenery, something to focus on, focusing on "nothing" so to speak, exercise (which is very productive and you can do it all the time), cooking good meals (which is very productive and you can do it all the time), doing something artistic.

I pretty much fill by downtime by trying to put quality activities in there. Lots of time I'm just lazing around depressed, but if I have a day off then I'll try to fill it with something healthy and enriching.

Talking to people (good people) can also be beneficial for reducing anxiety because you can just focus on each other's interests instead of thinking about worries.
>>
>>18445377
>A person would still want to accomplish their goals before they die and are maybe unable to achieve their goals.
What does it have to do with time? You want to accomplish goals? Well go and fucking accomplish then, as long as you are alive.
When you die, even if you are aware of something, accomplishments of this world wont mean shit to you anyway.
>>
>>18445405
>accomplishments wont mean shit when you die
assumption

>what do goals have to do with time?
you have a limited amount of time to achieve them

>just go achieve your goals then
OP made a thread about being less striving and more relaxed.

I just like to challenge people's beliefs.
>>
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.