[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have flat feet and lately it's extremely painful when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1870.jpg (81KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
81KB, 1024x568px
I have flat feet and lately it's extremely painful when I try to run more than a mile. What are some other exercises I can do to lose weight instead? I don't have access to an actual gym for the summer.
>>
>>18445052
Bicycle. They have in-place ones at most gyms.
>>
>>18445211
Never mind that, I'm retarded.
Have you tried getting custom shoes for your feet?
>>
>>18445052
Swimming
Burpees
Jumping jacks

In reality you probably need to do bodyweight fitness and change your diet by reducing total calories and increasing protein.
>>
cardio is a shit way to lose weight anyways. I'll tell you how it'll go right now.
>initial weight loss gets you excited
>then your body gets used to your cardio workout and your metabolism changes to accomodate your diet
>plus you lost weight so now you're not working as hard to do the same excercise
>because of the metabolism change you start getting extremely hungry, so you you eat more, you justify it by telling yourself it's okay to eat more cause now you're working out. those bodybuilders are always eating like pigs so it'll be alright
>about a month to three months in you start gaining weight.

get some weight training done. more muscle=more calories burned every day even when you're not doing anything. also there's a point where fat burning goes from being a whole body game, to being a targeted thing where you need to build muscle in that area and work out that area specifically to burn fat.

80% of all the people that started gym memberships in january for their new years goals, dropped their memberships because they stopped seeing results on their cardio plan. you have to do weight training if you want to lose weight. you have to monitor your caloric intake and not just eat more because your body wants more as your metabolism changes. you have to work out 3-4 times a week to get decent results quickly.

why don't you have access to a gym? there's some cheap gyms out there man. the likelihood of you finding success with at home workouts is almost 0% unless you have someone else pushing you every day. that's the other thing, this isn't an easy thing and you need someone motivating you.

btw, use something like this for your calorie monitoring http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
>>
You can look into calisthenics, it's weight training without extra weight. Your diet should be your first thing to fix, then comes muscle training and a little bit of cardio. If you have an access to a swimming pool, it'd be your go-to choice for summer. It also helps with the shape of your body.

Good luck!
>>
wear a foot arch support in your shoes or buy shoes that have one. I have hypersupination in my feet when I walk which is effectively like having a flat foot. I started wearing a support and it helped a lot with pain. Also helped with running faster.
>>
>exercising to lose weight
There's your mistake. Just eat less.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.