[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I sleep for such a long time? I fell asleep between 4-5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1497262563220.jpg (12KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1497262563220.jpg
12KB, 252x212px
Why do I sleep for such a long time? I fell asleep between 4-5 am and just woke up at 4 pm. It's the norm for me to sleep 10-12 hours. What do?
>>
>>18444568
Go to sleep at a decent time next time. Set an alarm and fix your sleeping schedule.
>>
Do you eat healthy and exercise regularly? Apparently bad health results in sleep cycles that take longer, due to the sleep being a lower quality than that of a healthy person.
>>
8 hours of sleep is only the average. Margaret Thatcher was said to only sleep 4 hours. Nicola Tesla and Fidel Castro claimed to only sleep for 2 hours. If you're just sleeping it's what you're body needs. It can also be a sign of depression.
Set and alarm and force yourself to wake up, if not go to a sleep study or see a psychologist
>>
>>18444568

Are you in your teens or early 20s? It's normal to need lots of sleep then. Later you'll probably be more comfortable with 7-8 hours of sleep once your brain is done developing and needs less down-time for maintenance.
>>
So it just sounds like you have a shit sleep schedule. I get that during finals month when I stay up late and fuck my sleep schedule up, then i start staying up to 4am even if i don't need to and wake up 12 hours later feeling tired as shit.

You need to pull an allnighter, then tire yourself out during the day (don't even nap, just power through the day), and the next evenin you will be able to go to sleep at a reasonable time. Set your alarm so you get 7 and a half hours of sleep. Force yourself to get up, no matter how shit it feels, don't sleep in. Then just go to bed at that time every day and set your alarm at the same time every day. If you have trouble falling asleep, tire yourself out more during the day, you can do some physical labor like work in a garden if you have one, cut wood if you can use it, go for a run/go to gym, even mental labor works, whether it's studying something useful or just play chess online.

In general to improve your sleep you need to exercise a bit, at least some cardio, drink lots of water, eat your veggies and fruits and cut down on junk food and soda
>>
>>18444568

if you dont have a particular scheudle to adhere to its actually very normal to sleep for 12 hours at a time, and its also normal to stay away for longer than the average person.

funny story, they put a girl in an underground room for like 2 years to see how it would effect her, and they made it so she could /not/ turn off the lights and there was no clock, so she had no way of knowing what time it was.

she ended up sleeping being awake for more than 24 hours at a time and sleeping for 16.
>>
>>18445517
Not OP, but I've tried that as well. The result was invariably that I slept for 16 hours or more.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.