[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know if I am dumb? People say that IQ tests are not the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: iqtest-en.jpg (82KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
iqtest-en.jpg
82KB, 1200x630px
How to know if I am dumb?
People say that IQ tests are not the objective way to measure intelligence. Then how?
>>
>>18444413
Well, according to the Dunning-Krüger principle, dumbs shits tend to overestimate their own abilities, whereas capable people consistently underestimate and doubt themselves.

Also, IQ tests do give a good indication of skills that are frequently tied to intelligence, such as abstract thinking, discerning patterns, etc.. The problem is that- as with anything - you can "get better" at solving IQ tests by practicing, but obviously that doesn't mean you're actually getting more intelligent.
>>
>>18444420
Pretty much this. If you didn't have the knowledge to doubt yourself, you wouldn't. What does that tell you?

Confidence is about being proudly stupid and why women swear it's such an important quality; what would they do if they actually had to think, all the time? >Fuuuck.
>>
>>18444420
>capable people consistently underestimate and doubt themselves.
Yeah, but I can explain it with my low self-esteem.
>"get better" at solving IQ
That's way I try to solve them as rare as possible. Last time I did it was 5 years ago (actually today, but before that was 5 years ago).
But, there is also another problem. What test is considered to be reliable? I made a test with just 30 questions and I doubt that the results are truthful.
>>18444428
But if everybody would tell a dumb person that he is dumb, his self confidence will disappear, I believe.
>>
>>18444506
>Yeah, but I can explain it with my low self-esteem.

It still remains very much true. Low self-esteem manifests itself in several ways, and questioning your own intelligence is not the way it manifests in actually dumb people, in my experience at least.

>But, there is also another problem. What test is considered to be reliable? I made a test with just 30 questions and I doubt that the results are truthful.
Online tests aren't reliable at all, that's for sure. You can do official tests by visiting a psychologist afaik.

What makes you think you are dumb? Why did "everybody" tell you so?
>>
File: porsche-911-s-gen2-rt-2016-244.jpg (312KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-911-s-gen2-rt-2016-244.jpg
312KB, 1599x1066px
>>18444420
>friend have IQ of 153
>is NEET
>can't into anything for some reason
>want to neck himself every day
What gives?
>>
>>18444555
I don't see your point entirely, at least not how that anecdote relates to my post (I must be dumb too I guess :< ), but I acknowledge your double trips. Very nice.
>>
>>18444538
>Online tests aren't reliable at all, that's for sure.
Oh. Damn... I am too shy to visit actual psychologist.
>What makes you think you are dumb
I am analyzing my brain activity, and I can see a bad tendency. 2 years ago I was able to read faster and understand more (~ 15 faster than now), and even 2 years ago my level was lower than average. I also had no problem in mathematics, and helped one girl with that, spend just 1 day to quickly remind myself all the university program.. And now I have problems in multiplying numbers in my head. That's fucking scary.
Most of people call me smart, actually, even my scientific director, but they call me because I am silent, and don't say anything dumb. If I'll open my mouth - they will be unpleasantly surprised how dumb I am. They think I am smart because I have high forehead.
Lolwow, like craniology is still in trend.
>>
>>18444576
In my opinion, your problem is low self-esteem and that alone. Visit a psychologist anyway, shy or not.

If you genuinely feel like your brain function is deteriorating abnormally fast, and there is no apparent explanation like drinking, drugs, or personal trauma or whatever, visit a doctor. Keep in mind that silly stuff like forgetting what you had for dinner the day before or attention problems happens to a lot of people, especially when they get older.
>>
"A knowledgable man knows many things. A wise man knows that he knows nothing"

-Some famous guys quote
>>
Hijacking with a related question: What job is great for someone who's dumb?
>>
>>18445103
Blue collar stuff .
Really the key to wealth is taking wealth and reinvesting it. Tons of people make tons of money are really poor hut tjey blow it instead of investing it
>>
>>18444413
Well you probably are not a complete moron if you are actually asking that question. Stupid people tend to not have the capacity to realize how stupid they are.
>>
If you coasted through something like engineering or mathematics then you are almost always guaranteed to be smart. Obviously a degree doesn't automatically mean you are though.
>>
>>18444506
>What test is considered to be reliable?

One you pay an exorbitant amount of money for a series of doctors to administer to you, generally across the course of one day. You can commonly find qualified professionals by contacting your local university.

Here's a quick tip for you though:
People who tout IQ as one number exclusively are hacks. You're provided a fucking book of information regarding your IQ (specifically yours).
>>
>>18444413

they're not but if you score at least reasonably you can fee lcertain you aren't dumb, as long as its not an online test, those arent real
>>
File: received_10153009259312001.jpg (59KB, 960x412px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153009259312001.jpg
59KB, 960x412px
>>18445202
Sample.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.