[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't know if this is more /an/ or /adv/, anyway My dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: daddario.jpg (203KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
daddario.jpg
203KB, 1280x1920px
Don't know if this is more /an/ or /adv/, anyway

My dog (cocker spaniel) is a little fat fuck.
She refuses to go on walks.
Like if the whole family goes out or whatever, she will happily walk with us. She is super friendly with people and wants to be pet by every single stranger in sight, literally running the whole time towards strangers.

But if its just to go pee, she refuses to walk. She'll walk like 1 house over, and as soon as she i guess knows we're just going for a walk, she pulls towards home. I'll tug her to the point that she is on all 4 resisting with her neck getting squishy against the leash. I just had like a 10 minute standoff with her, she never budged. I love her but god damn little fat fuck. I just want to go around the block. The only thing that works is if I carry her to a destination, she will never, ever be hesitant in walking home. It's walking AWAY from home that's always the problem.

Any tips?
>>
>>18442908
reward her for walking, go slowly about it
hard to do it if you're the only one in your family pushing for it, though
>>
you can either try to lure her with treats outside like a horse with a carrot thing or just fucking eat her idk ur choice
>>
File: daddariodos.jpg (263KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
daddariodos.jpg
263KB, 1200x1800px
>>18442914
>>18442916
she is a little fat fuck and i wanted to steer clear of treats, but i'm willing to try at this point
>>18442912
i gotchu
>>
>>18442924
Dude feed her less, you're literally abusing your dog by making her this fat. Dogs aren't meant to be fat and they'll die earlier if they're fat fucks
>>
>>18442927
she's fat because she refuses to go for walks
and i cook for her, her diet is 1000% healthier than most dogs.
her coat is shiny as fuck, always get compliments. she could play tug of war or fetch in the backyard. she just refuses to go on walks when it isnt the whole family
>>
>>18442924
more
>>
>>18442933
No, she's fat because she wont go on walks AND you're overfeeding her. Maybe you do feed her really healthy but still, anyone would get fat if they ate 10 avocados a day. So feed her less. She probably feels like crap because she's fat and doesn't like to walk because of that. Feed her less, have her lose weight, then try walking again.
>>
File: fgfhjgf.jpg (238KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
fgfhjgf.jpg
238KB, 750x422px
>>18442941
will try
>>18442935
i cant wait for the blu-ray version of Baywatch desu
>>
>>18442952
God Damn.

Thank, anon.
>>
>>18442914
This anon is right.
Was your dog always fat?
Is she obedient?
Encoraging her to walk is a good start with small rewards to keep her interested. After a while slowly start lowering the amount of treats she receives. Speaking from experience here.
>>
Cocker Spaniels are known to eat as much as you feed them. They will eat even if they are incredibly than puke and eat that too.
It is very likely you are feeding your dog too much.
Try to put your dog on a diet if that is the case.
I used to have a cocker spaniel and he would not go on walks sometimes so i just did not take him and if he did pee in the house i punished him, he learned real quick that walks are for the bathroom and now no problems.
>>
>>18443012
She's semi-obedient.
She was usually /fit/ and is now getting fat.
I think i left the impression that she can't even get on the couch. She could walk forever with the family. Just one on one, she doesnt walk, and is slowly getting heavier.

>>18443027
gonna put her on a diet as step 1 since most anons recommend it
>>
>>18443038
Then yeah i think your best bet is the diet and slow encouragement back into walking. It'll take dedication from the both of you but if you stick to it then it shouldnt be too hard. Good luck!
>>
Question.
>I'll tug her to the point that she is on all 4 resisting with her neck getting squishy against the leash.
When you do this, is it a constant, ever-increasing tug, or short, sharp yanks on the lease?

Because you should be doing short, sharp yanks. Not hard enough to hurt the dog, god no, but a quick jerk won't hurt her. Generally, a steadily increasing pull on the leash will cause a dog to dig their heels in and go all stubborn and immovable (you can find articles explaining why but it's not too mysterious); a quick but strong tug doesn't usually have that effect.

The people telling you to encourage her gently aren't necessarily wrong, but I've walked some stubborn fucking dogs (loved them to bits) and never had problems with getting them to walk. Ultimately unless it's a pretty big-ass dog, you are going to be stronger than they are, and if you just start walking and keep walking no matter what, the dog is going to have to follow along. If you're worried about choking her (and please, don't think that I'm advocating for doing anything that'll hurt the animal - don't even get me started on shock collars) you can always put a whole-body harness on her instead of a collar that goes around the neck.

There are times when gentle encouragement is appropriate, and times when you just gotta say, "Okay, dog, enough with the shit, we're going for a walk right fucking now" and without having seen how your dog behaves I can't tell which one this is - gotta be your call.
>>
>>18443118
She's tiny. smaller then your average cocker spaniel, she stayed small. I usually tug her, and after like 5 tugs the leash could be like completely straight in a standoff. and you could see her attempting to pull by walking backwards. But i swear if the house we're in front of has someone take out the trash my dog gets all excited and wants to run towards them and then she starts walking. she's an attention whore.
>>
>>18442933

You're overfeeding her, nigga. She's not fat because she isn't walking it's because you're feeding her calories she isn't burning.
>>
>>18443136

Associate walks with people to get her moving.
>>
>>18442933
NOTHING IN THE WORLD GETS FAT FROM NOT EXERCISING. You get fat by eating more calories than your body burns. eating at a deficit will lose weight with zero exercise needed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.