[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When you try to do the right thing, but your motivations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1495853459404.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495853459404.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>When you try to do the right thing, but your motivations are selfish, it backfires and darkens your personality
>Your motivations can't ever be completely selfless, so you will continue to feel worse and worse over time unless you just stop giving a shit

How do you solve this? Buddhism? I don't think this would help me with productivity ...
>>
I usually just go out and get revenge on whoever damaged me.
>>
>>18441770
That ship has sailed, came back and left again, I don't feel any better. I just can't afford to become more cynical.
>>
Protip: morality doesnt exist anywhere but in the minds of mankind. The people who invented morality are the ones who have none. They made rules for society to follow so they can not follow them.

You might enjoy reading about something called the Law of One. Its some extreme /x/ tier shit but its fairly well developed and has some interesting ideas on spirtuality, morals, reality, and the human condition. You dont have to believe it all to be able to take some lessons from it.

The reason i mention it is because a big theme in it is "service to self" versus "service to others". If 51% or more of your deeds and actions are to help others rather than yourself - you are considered a person who is at service to others, a good thing. If you are 85% or more committing deeds and actions solely for your benefit without regard to others, you are considered at service to self, *ALSO* a good thing. Its similar to the concept of yin/yang, both are acceptable choices. Morality teaches us that only service to others is acceptable, where this is simply not true - its a theme invented by those who are service to self to further their own goals.

The caveat here is that if you fall somewhere in the middle, you are considered "indifferent". You arent picking a side. You are just floating along doing what is easiest at the moment. This us considered unacceptable. In the end the whole thing is about spiritual enlightenment and karma foofoo, whether you choose to follow it hat deeply is up to you. But to me that concept on self vs others rings true.

You might also enjoy reading the unibomber's manifesto. Dude was a fcking scary genius; he touches upon morality and explains why its all bullshit in the end among other interesting concepts. The scariest fucking part is that everything he predicted is coming true, and he is locked away for life - spared the death penalty - for being insane, because the Self people ruling society find his ideas dangerous.
>>
File: 1443999780897.jpg (61KB, 528x492px) Image search: [Google]
1443999780897.jpg
61KB, 528x492px
>>18441808
Interesting toast, will definitely read those. Thank you anon.
>>
>>18441808

Tldr; learn to put others before yourself if you find peace and enjoyment from it. If not, then go balls to the wall machiavellian and have every deed you do to be another chess move to further benefit yourself.

Sitting in the middle only keeps you where you are - unguided, unfocused, lost and at unease with your condition. Its not "wrong" to be a selfish prick, because there is no such thing as right and wrong.

Just remember, youre a little fish. And the big fish who make the rules for society made them precisely because they dont fucking like other big fish. Be careful who you cross and what rules of society you choose to ignore.
>>
>>18441808

Tldr; learn to put others before yourself if you find peace and enjoyment from it. If not, then go balls to the wall machiavellian and have every deed you do to be another chess move to further benefit yourself.

Sitting in the middle only keeps you where you are - unguided, unfocused, lost and at unease with your condition. Its not "wrong" to be a selfish prick, because there is no such thing as right and wrong.

Just remember, youre a little fish. And the big fish who make the rules for society made them precisely because they dont fucking like other big fish. Be careful who you cross and what rules of society you choose to ignore.
>>
Oh and one more thing, you are purposely taught wrong about life for a reason. We all are. Its conditioning. The big fish have been doing this shit since the dawn of time, they have it almost perfected. The pope speaks of living modest to help others yet takes 10% of everyones shit and lives in what is literally the phatest crib on planet earth. The royals in saudi arabia maintain Mecca and speak of staying pure and righteous and behead those who dont while they in private have orgies and snort coke. The jews at least are selfish fucks and dont sugarcoat it, which is why they are so ruthless and successful and why everyone hates them (and why its illegal in many countries to speak this blatant fact).

Its all bullshit. Learn to see through it and choose the path you want to follow. The only wrong choice is not making a choice.

Woops for the repost.
>>
I know how you feel. I'm acting all selfless and nice guy, helping people out and giving advice, even trying to change people for the better.
What's the twist? I don't do it for them. I don't care about almost anyone but myself. Hell, I only have friends so I won't be lonely. I don't even feel attached to them. I do everything for my ego, well being and to know things about people from my curiosity. Nothing more. The only person I can truly care about and be selfless with, is a person I romantically love.
Plus, I came to the conclusion it's better being nice and not caring than mean and not caring. Makes me more sociable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.