[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fat (chubby/husky I guess) and I want to lose weight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I'm fat (chubby/husky I guess) and I want to lose weight.

I used to drink chocolated milk everyday. For breakfast and dinner. I swapped it to just skimmed milk.

Should I just drop milk altogether, including derivatives like cheese? For some years I've always heard people saying both that milk shouldn't be drinked and that it's essential in a diet. So what side should I trust if I want to lose weight?

I also have gas problems every fucking day, not sure if the milk could be related somehow.
>>
Milk has a lot of calories in it. But it CAN be part of a healthy diet if you don't drink too much of it, because it has vitamin D and it's unprocessed and has no added sugar. Cheese is not great if you want to be healthy because it has a lot of fat and calories, but it's ok once in a while. Don't eat it every day.

Gas problems are most likely related to milk. You may be lactose intolerant. But you should not drink so much milk. Try switching to soy or almond milk, you will lose weight faster.

Don't drop all milk derivatives--yogurt is great(but only if it doesnt have added sugar) but yes you need to cut out a lot of dairy.
>>
milk is designed to get calves to the size of cows. what do you think?
>>
Why don't you just fucking exercise.
>>
>>18441754
I'm a guy currently doing GOMAD for my lifts. Here's what I know.

>I used to drink chocolated milk everyday. For breakfast and dinner.
Don't do that.

>I swapped it to just skimmed milk.
You've basically traded a sugary fat filled milkshake for literal sugar water with no nutritional value. Whole milk is calorific and has good macronutrients, there's definitely a place for it in a good diet if you drink it in moderation.

>Should I just drop milk altogether, including derivatives like cheese?
Not necessarily, but you need to watch how much you eat. Dairy stuff is very nutrient dense and you need to have a good idea how many calories you're getting from it. Get a kitchen scale, it takes ALL the guess work out of portioning and lets you balance your macros.

>For some years I've always heard people saying both that milk shouldn't be drinked
Bollocks

>and that it's essential in a diet.
Also bollocks

>So what side should I trust if I want to lose weight?
Like I said. High quality dairy with no added sugary bullshit is nutritious but calorific, you don't NEEEED it in your diet, but if you want it in your diet make sure it's not shoving you over the edge in terms of daily caloric needs. However, since you're trying to lose weight, what you probably really want is food that is filling and not too calorific which is the literal exact opposite of dairy. If you can live without your cheese and milk, find more filling sources of fats and protein.

>I also have gas problems every fucking day, not sure if the milk could be related somehow.
It's probably the milk. 3 glasses a day is a pretty fair amount for someone who's not active, and in my experience drinking large quantities of it generates tremendous and noxious farts. The shits are actually breddy good tho in my experience.
>>
>>18441754
Drop the milk as a drink since it's a lot of calories that you could have instead eaten more filling foods with.
It's not essential in a diet at all, and your gas problems are probably from the milk. Most people are at least mildly lactose intolerant, and the most common effect is the gas.
>>
>>18441754

first and foremost, get a daily vitamin. this will help keep you nutritionally balanced. everyone should be on vitamins, not just people dieting (Relaly people dieting often have better nutrition).

definitely cut out any drink that isn't water. water quenches thirst without any calories so there's no reason to drink anything else with a meal.

schedule your meals for the day. the reason most people fail at dieting is they wake up and just think 'i cant eat til later' then they give in at some point. the reason its so hard to hold your self over is because you dont know what the end game is. its eaiser to be left alone in a room for 8 hours if you know its only going to be 8 hours.

try breakfast at 8, small lunch at 12, snack at 4, dinner at 8. divide your calories across those 4 meals and thats it. when you get hungry you just say ' i only have to wait til 12'.

switch up the order you eat your food. instead of having meat for dinner, have meat for lunch and makme your dinner something light. meat takes longer to digest, so it sits in your stomach longer. greenbeans may be lower calorie but you digest them really fast. so if you can, cook what you would normally have for dinner, but for lunch. this will get you through the day easier.

only have meat once a day though. its super high calorie. your other meals should be fruit and veggie based. you can always eat more celebry or carrots or greenbeans.

also try vegetable and meatless substitutes. for instance say you like chicken alfredo. a pound of chicken plus a cup of noodles is over 1000 calories. replace both of those with just greenbeans and its only 141 calories per pound. you just saved your self over 800 calories, and it tastes about as good as chicken alfredo imo
>>
Skim milk is a dangerous trap. Whole milk has far greater satiety and only slightly more calories. If you already get too many calories from milk intake, switching to skim will exacerbate the issue.
>>
>>18441754
You arent fat from drinking 2 glasses of chocolate milk a day.
You are probably eating like shit and not working out.
How often do you eat out?
What is your normal lunch and dinner?
How often do you snack?
>>
>>18441754
Speaking as a fat then skinny and now skinnyfat the hardest and most important part of losing weight is changing what you eat
When your fat you want to eat more and less healthy
As you lose weight you'll eat less and better

Drop milk for water
You will feel much better and its the first step to changing your diet
Always have water
Drink when you're hungry and thirsty all day
For breakfast have a shit ton of eggs and a bottle of water
Only have chocolate milk after a workout if protein drink is unavailable
>>
>>18442868
Not op here.

Everyone says you'll feel better drinking only water, and cutting out other drinks. But that's never been the case for me. I've always been a heavy pop drinker, and I've had a few periods of time (3-8 months) where I had literally just water to drink. But I didn't feel healthier in anyway. The worst part is my cravings, even after 8 months, NEVER go away.

Obviously drinking just water is the best choice, not arguing. The struggle for me is just very frustrating.
>>
>>18442919
I've fluctuated from shit diet to basically anorexic to Binge eating daily
The change doesn't come from cutting out soda alone
Give it time and with a good reason i.e. sports league or self improvement you'll eventually will yourself to enjoy shit like protein shakes and meal replacement bars
It is not easy but give up soda and drink water CONSTANTLY
Like a GALLON you should need to piss each hour and it should be clear
If you don't notice any change try exercising
You wouldn't believe the difference in the gym from when you are properly hydrated to when you are stocked up on soda and such
>>
>>18442919
The important thing with cravings diets etc is to have a GOAL
If Eating shitty foods is a part of your life it's gonna take effort to REPLACE that with eating even slightly decent foods
Lift with a purpose and imagine whatever it is you are changing for is in reach
If you have issues with your body just think about how you're improving each day and with each meal
Eventually you wont see food as a meal or a snack just fuel that you need and you only take what you need
>>
>>18442694
>Everyone should be on vitamins
What did he mean by this?
>>
Also not op. Why do diet sodas halt weight loss when they have zero sugar and calories? Isn't it all about calories?
>>
>>18443236
They dont
You never see fit people drinking diet soda
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.