[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost graduating from school. Great GPA >have no idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: d9kV9z9.jpg (266KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
d9kV9z9.jpg
266KB, 900x1200px
>almost graduating from school. Great GPA
>have no idea what to study or what college to go to.
>father always pressured me to study medicine.
> Interested in physics, astronomy and engineering.

What the hell do I do?
(I'm not from the states btw)
>>
>>18441371
>>father always pressured me to study medicine.
>> Interested in physics, astronomy and engineering.

You should study whatever will best prepare you for your future job of designing medical bays for space crafts of course.
>>
>>18441371
If you truly want to do something, fight for it. Let him know what you want and just do it. You can't let someone else make all of your life decisions and that includes your parents.
>>
>>18441371
Get a full time job in something that isn't a restaurant or construction while trying to find what you want to do. Watch some lectures, check out some classes on opencourseware, explore your options like programming, drawing, 3d modeling, advanced math, music creation, fucking everything! There is nothing wrong with waiting a year or two before starting college as long as you don't just stagnate.
>>
>>18441371
Do your passion. If you father pressure you just so you can relate your passion to medicine etc.
>be enginer
>design build high class medical equipment etc
As long as you get the okay going into school you can do whatever you want once you get there or get out.
>>
File: engineer.png (486KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
engineer.png
486KB, 720x960px
>>18441371
do engineering, OP
Jobs market is comfortable, and people who don't know what you actually do will think you are brilliant.
>>
>>18441371

Do a grad degree in an engineering specialty.
>>
>>18441371
It depends if he is just being that cliche Hindu dad or was himself a doctor. If he wants to see you follow in his footsteps, do Bioengineering degree. You can take the prerequisites to being a doctor which pleases your dad and also learn a lot about engineering and physics.

You will be setup to design medical devices and make decent money OR slide into medicine if you actually end up hating it.

To be fair, there isn't like a roaring demand for astronomers.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.