[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To be honest I'm not sure if I should be posting here since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1490536255695.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490536255695.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
To be honest I'm not sure if I should be posting here since this sounds like a dumb issue...
So a little background about myself:

I'm a 20yo male, and extremely introverted. Heck, you could say that when it comes to being a beta, I'm the strongest. I don't enjoy speaking up or talking with people. For the past 3 years I've been spending most of my time alone, not eating lunch with anyone, not attending any study sessions, not attending any club activities. I came up with various excuses for my classmates, such as I'm not hungry, I can't study well in groups etc etc. And the excuse I gave myself was that I'm a train-wreck when it comes to socializing (and that probably is true). But that was okay, I didn't mind being alone. I didn't think I was missing out on anything worth mentioning. Solitude was more comfortable than mixing with strangers anyways. I was focusing on my grades. And as a result, I don't have many friends (no surprises here).

Fast forward to present day, where I'm less than a fortnight from enlistment, the reality sank in. I've realized that I'll never have a interesting youth. We often read in slice of life manga or watch in anime the MC getting a girlfriend, going on an adventure, hanging out with mates, go camping in the mountains etc etc, and it feels so weird that I will experience none of that. I will never experience teenage love, how it feels to fool around as a teen, not needing to face the responsibilities as an adult. I know it's not the end of the world, but at the same time, I feel so empty.

So here is what I',m requesting. I already know there's no point in crying over spilt milk. So please, /adv/, tell me what to do after my 2 years of enlistment, when I enrol into Uni. Tell me how to not waste my youth again.
>>
>>18440912
>I'll never have
Wrong. You can at any time. You just dont want to. If you wanted, you would have done it all already.

So make up your mind, make a list of what you want to do and stick to the plan. Or enjoy being boring shutin introvert. Works too. Once you become bored of being shut in, find gf and enjoy.

>tell me what to do
Nobody can tell you how to live your life. YOU have to decide what you want to do. And remember, doing nothing is ok option too for a while until you figure it out.

Guide to worrying
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5RH3BdXDOY

And now go and do something.
>>
it feels good to be in your comfort zone...but that's not the way to evolve as a person.

sooner or later, life has a habit of pointing out your flaws, so if you hide in your comfort zone it will be harder and harder to enjoy life as you age.
>>
Fuck your sister. I didn't read your post, but that solution seems to work for everyone else on this board.
>>
You figured it out yourself. Say yes to things. Not dangerous things or things that make you morally uncomfortable but say yes to things that make you socially uncomfortable or that you think you might not be good at. Say yes to them anyway. Go get those friends and life experiences, op! Enjoy uni! PS it's not exactly like slice of life manga, but some of it is better.
>>
>>18440956
>>18440981
>>18441009
Right. Thanks anons. I'll try be more social in the army. Just pray that I don't scare them away with my autism.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.