[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a father. I have a bad relationship with my ex, who is now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: quest.jpg (570KB, 2878x5000px) Image search: [Google]
quest.jpg
570KB, 2878x5000px
I am a father. I have a bad relationship with my ex, who is now with another man and has a second kid with him. For the past year and a half I have only had my kid on the weekends. I'm feeling a little confused now though because all of a sudden I have been encouraged to bring over my ex's other child for the weekend along with my own kid. This included Father's Day this past weekend. Her other kid is a very cute and sweet kid, but I sadly do not trust my ex and worry she might be trying to start friction between myself and the guy she is with. I was wondering if it is normal for a father to also take care of a kid for the weekend when they aren't his.
>>
>>18439968
>falling for the kid meme

Wew lad.
>>
>>18439968
Thats not normal. They could be using you as a babysitter
>>
>>18439975
I was thinking that too.
>>
>>18439968
No dude. Take care of your own offspring. Tell that bitch straight up that you know her game is she keeps begging you to take the other kid. PLUS it could be kidnapping, sounds like she's trying to set you up for some shit even though it's not really kidnapping if she voluntarily gave him to you. But again fts, you are there to spend time with your own kid not someone else's.
>>
>>18439983
Fortunately it wouldn't be kidnapping as I have it in text that she encouraged me taking her kid for the weekend. It's definitely something I'll keep in mind though.

I hear you though on all other points too.
>>
>>18439968

Don't be a fag OP, take care of your own kid. screw the rest
>>
>>18439968
No, it's a little fucked up

But the bottom line is would your kid be happy with it
I'm in a similar-ish situation
And all I can think of is "What's best for him?"

Kids should have friends their age.
Forget your pride. Would your kid benefit from hanging with that other kid?
>>
OP, Have you had an official divorce from your ex? Did you get custody sorted out?
>>
>>18440076
They do love each other. There is a 5 year difference between them.
>>
>>18440077
Not officially.
>>
>>18440084
5 years is pretty far

But if you think it's good, do it.
He's your boy. That's your life now, and that ain't bad. Not be a long shot.

Do what's right by him.
>>
>>18439968
The other kid is your kid's brother/sister. They're going to lean on each other for the rest of their lives, even if their parents fuck other people or hate each other or reconcile or whatever. It's not really strange for you to have a relationship of some sort with the other kid. For your kid's sake, try to maintain some normalcy so his/her relationship with their brother/sister is one of the more normal things in their life. Their parents certainly aren't a normal factor.
>>
>>18440099
Good point.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.