[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ So I've always wanted a beard, since I was very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 20170620_161612.png (2MB, 1080x1072px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_161612.png
2MB, 1080x1072px
Hey /adv/

So I've always wanted a beard, since I was very young even. I recently turned 19 and decided to give it yet another go, however in my opinion it still looks pretty patchy. This is 2 week's growth by the way

Should I give it more time, shave it, what?
>>
>>18438903
True story, I couldn't start growing a beard until I was 25.

I'm 28 and I STILL can't grow a full beard (my mustache doesn't cleanly connect and the hair on my cheeks is patchy). So that's just to say that there are some things about your genetics that you can't change.

That being said, I can grow a very thick and clean chin strap, and it's what suits the shape of my face. personally, it takes me about 2 weeks to go from baby faced back to thick but everyone's rate of growth is different.

Eyeballing it off of your current growth rate, it would probably take 2-3+ months to start to grow a beard, but it wouldn't be particularly thick. In the mean time though you will probably look sloppy as heck.

If you got nothing to do and no job that requires you need, go ahead and give a shot but otherwise you probably need to wait a couple of years.
>>
Patchy? You have a fucking great stubble, this is what women want what you have right now, not more not less. My "beard" is not even close to you and I am 20.
>>
>>18438923
Thanks for the input man, I'll try a few months to see where I am!
>>18438926
Thanks, but there's still hope for you as well. The other poster didn't finish until 25 eh?
>>
>>18438903
Kinda of look like Jon Snow desu. But I'm 21 and I'm probably about as thin and patchy as you. I would shave it, most girls aren't into beards anyway.
>>
>>18438903
MINODOXIL
>>
>>18439001
Does that stuff actually work?
>>
>>18438903
It looks good the way it is. Stubble is what girls like. When you can grow a full beard, keep it trimmed close. I can only imagine what's living in those bushy and long beards.
>>
>>18438903
6 weeks to see full potential.
you don't look bad.
>>
>>18439053
Yes but if you use it and you start noticing the hair on your head starts shedding just stop immediately. I was stubborn as fuck and just though it would shed for a month or two. Nope Shed the entire time I used it and going on 1.5 year after and hair is still shedding. And by shedding I mean like the growth cycle of my hair is fucked. The back will look good for a few weeks then looks like shit then another part looks good and then looks shit. I don't think it is ever going to stop at this point.
>>
>>18439404
>>18439053

>does that stuff actually work?
>yeah it's making me go completely bald
>uh, that sounds like the opposite of working
>as well as the opposite of what's intended
>so it sounds like it's absolute shit
>>
>>18439405
I mean it works for growing facial hair and many people have done it with any issues. My issue is that I'm not actually going bald. If I was going bald I would be completely bald by how much I shed. It is like my hair cell grow for like 4 month then shed. Rinse and repeat.
>>
For those of you that want to grow a beard

I've been able to grow a beard since I started shaving (around 17)

People ask me how, they say they can't. It's all bullshit

Just. Stop. Shaving.

Yeah it's gonna look patchy. It'll look bad. People will call you homeless, castaway, etc. Doesn't matter

You let your entire face grow the hair. AND THEN YOU SHAVE IT OFF ALL AT ONCE

Once it's long, and coming out of every area of your face which beard should, you cut it. Shave it down, boys. This way, all the hair will grow back evenly, and at the same time
Ta-da. Beard.

OP, go a couple months at least. Just stop caring how you look for a bit, I promise it'll be worth it. Otherwise you'll never be able to grow a full beard
>>
>>18438903

You're too patchy. Don't do it, it will look horrible.

Also I'm 30 and I can't grow a beard. Not even asian.
>>
>>18438903
If you want a beard, stop shaving. That simple. That being said though, what you got there in terms of coverage is pretty damn good. I wouldn't call it patchy at all
>>
>>18439404
>>18439405
You're fucking retards.

Go read how it works, shedding happens in the beginning. Just because you shed hair doesn't magically mean it goes away.

OP just google beard + minoxidil and you'll see the results speak for themselves. It does a better job for beards than the top of the head honestly as male pattern baldness doesn't effect the beard for the most part so after you stop usage you keep most of your gains.
>>
>>18439930
I know what I'm talking about... I will admit I was retarded for using it after month and months of shedding. I believe it was because I was using such a low dosage once a day to not get the other side effects. It is crazy. The first time I used it I had no issues using 2 cap fulls a day. Also my shedding wasn't just a few hairs. In two months the entire back of my head looked spotty af.
>>
>>18439985
>muh anecdotal experience

Nigger this shit went through clinical trials. There is plenty of evidence out there showing it works, even for beards. You're balding deal with it.
>>
>>18438903
shave it every few weeks or when it starts to look retarded
mine didnt fill out until i was 27 or so, i advise patience
>>
>>18439991
So you are saying JUST 2 weeks after using Minoxidil that I just happened to start balding tons and tons of hair. Except for the fact if I was actually losing that much hair per shower I would literally be bald right now. My hair literally regrows in a cycle. The front looks okay, top looks good, back looks bad. Front looks good, top looks bad, back looks okay. Front looks bad, Top looks okay, back looks good.

I don't give a shit what clinical trials this drug has been through. I had a bad reaction to said drug and it has fucked up my hair growth cycle. There are plenty of days where my hair looks like nothing ever happened to it and then a few weeks later my hair line is fucked or I have a light patch in the back. Simply my rare experience with this drug. Also the fact that when I used it for the second go through I was hit with all 3 major side-effects using the same dosage as before. My body simple rejected it this time yet I continued to use it at a very low dosage.

I will agree I was retarded for continuing to use it for as long as it did. But yes it does work for growing beards.
>>
>>18440068
Go see a doctor, you sound insane.

Start buzzing your hair. It happened to me, you gotta deal with it at some point.
>>
>>18440085
This guy, hah.
>>
>>18438903
Nah you've got enough fertile ground there for some solid beardage potential. Use shampoo and be patient, HANDS OFF THE RAZOR. If most of it is fairly lengthy and it still looks retarded, you're stricken with shitty beard genes and are banished to beard purgatory with the rest of us.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.