[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are introverts a thing? or is the concept of "introversion"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: BurialUntrue.jpg (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
BurialUntrue.jpg
72KB, 300x300px
are introverts a thing? or is the concept of "introversion" a meme? I have a grim feeling that introversion is just a product of emotional trauma, and that we are all born extroverts until we're told or implied that we're worthless. please guide me anons
>>
>>18438532
Ah yeah you might be on to something there OP. Correlation ≠ causation but I think it might be more than coincidental that so many people rising out of emotional trauma are also introverts. It makes sense, once you've been burned too many times you're less likely to want to keep trying.
>>
>>18438532
introvert doesn't mean what you think it means, in that concept yes introversion is a meme.
>>
>>18438532
You gotta define what you mean by introversion, dude. People use the word to mean different things. But basically, no, your little hunch is wrong.

If by 'introvert' you mean someone who recharges their energy by being alone (as opposed to socializing) then no, that's a basic personality type. I'm not shy at all, I like talking to people and actively enjoy public speaking, but I need long periods of quiet recharge time between big social events. That's just how I am. Certainly it's not the result of 'emotional trauma.'

If by 'introvert' you mean 'shy person' or 'quiet person' then again, no, some people are just like that, and they weren't all bullied or molested or whatever. There's nothing wrong with being that way either.
>>
>>18438573
>>18438574
I know what the clinical definition of an introvert is, I've read Quiet by Susan Cain and everything. but I'm still not convinced, I feel my experiences have at least amplified my introverted qualities, so it's really hard to tell if it's an inbuilt thing or if I'm introverted purely because of those experiences / influences.
>>
>>18438532
I'm considered introverted because I spend my spare time alone (with discord) playing vidya and shit but the only reason is because its way more enjoyable then meeting up and doing boring stuff together. I don't live in a particularly exciting place either so its just become a norm for me. However if I'm ever in these situations I can seem as extroverted as one can seem.
>>
>>18438532
dunno but I'm definitely one and I like to think I have had no real problems in my childhood.
Loving parents, no abuse, basically only positive interactions, maybe even a little spoiled, etc.
Get along fine with everyone, I just much rather sit alone for hours on end than engage in conversation for even 10 minutes
>>
>>18438617
>i know what the clinical definition is
>but i don't believe it cuz MUH FEELS

Kek
>>
>>18438532
Its a bit overblown like any other way people label each other and put them into little boxes that hardly take into account and explain an entire personality but.... Sure its a real thing.

Just a minor quality of a bigger picture.

Id say im introverted, though im confident, have friends, a gf and go out time to time with no real anxiety as introverts are painted to be. I even had a mad party phase and hated every minute of it but did it to see what the big deal was.

Id just rather be at home alone doing my thing and huge social events dont interest me.

And if you ask me is as far as it goes: not generally interested in being social. When people start adding shit like "need to recharge batteries alone" and start trying to look all special, now youre in meme territory.
>>
>>18438532

introverted doesn't mean what people think it means.

introverted just means you recharge with MORE alone time than going out time.

extroverted means you recharge with MORE going out time than alone time.

its very real. and some people are more extreme than others. most people grow and change over life. they can be 'introverted' for years and then suddenly go be the life of the party.

i used to be really introverted. now im pretty outgoing. i was perfectly happy both ways, each one was just ad ifferent phase of my life.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.