[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I'd like some advice on how to focus and how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: bite the dust.gif (3MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
bite the dust.gif
3MB, 245x245px
Hi /adv/, I'd like some advice on how to focus and how to steep feeling so anxious and stressed out.

I am 24 years old and I feel like my life is basically over. Allow me to explain: I was a pretty good student throughout most of my life, a bit lazy but always managed to get by with good grades by working hard before exams.

I went through college similarly (I studied Software Engineering, which by the way I don't really enjoy), with a decent average (7.5). The thing is, I still haven't finished college. I've been working on and off at underemployed internships for the last 2 years, and put the very last subject of my college on hold (I wanted to do it as I worked but I'm extremely lazy and unfocused). So now, even though I "finished" college in the 5 years the course last, in my resume it's going to look like I needed eight years instead. It feels like I just basically killed any chances at a good job I might have had.

Pairing with general anxiety at getting older and entering adulthood and still being basically a nobody, and not doing very well on the relationships front I honestly just feel horribly overwhelmed, which makes me be even more inactive.

What can I do to get out of this? Any tips you might share on being focused in work, on having more self-control?
>>
>>18438486
>I studied Software Engineering, which by the way I don't really enjoy
I bet there isn't a job in the world you would wet yourself over every morning to do. In fact I think it's pretty usual to get little bored to something after you've done it for years. Don't worry about it.

>It feels like I just basically killed any chances at a good job I might have had.
Just get some job and enjoy life at your free time.

>Pairing with general anxiety at getting older and entering adulthood and still being basically a nobody, and not doing very well on the relationships
You've already entered adulthood. This is it. You aren't going to feel really much different from this.

And you don't have to be in a relationship or become somebody.
Stop trying to control everything.
>>
>>18438486
I would suggest focusing on your priorities. Maybe make a list of the most important things you want for your future. If your main objective is to have a good resume and finishing your degree, then focus on that instead of trying to juggle school and relationships. Start on the most important things, and put less immediate concerns on hold for now.

Keep in mind that I am just a random person though. I don't know your problems and stuff, so...yeah.
>>
>>18438618
I really related to OP's post. Your advice helped me feel a bit better inside, thank you, Anon
>>
>>18438664
Glad to hear!
>>
>>18438486
>I am 24 years old and I feel like my life is basically over.
You're being over-dramatic and you know it.

No your life isn't over at 24. You can still turn things around, and you can still get a job, a decent paying one at that. All you need to do is put your head down and get rid of all your damn excuses.

>I have general anxiety guise ;_;
Well guess what, so does the rest of the world, everyone gets anxious about the future, how they're going to pay off that mortgage, provide for their children, fix the car, but they suck it up and do what they need to do. Right now, you're just sitting on your hands, miraculously hoping for things to get better.

The reason you're feeling "old" is cause you're letting time pass you by with inactivity. You're not striving to be a better version of you today than you were yesterday.

Shelf off relationships until you get your life together.
>>
>>18438618
>>18438624
>>18438796
Thanks for the advice, it helps.

I know I'm being melodramatic saying my life is over but i do feel like it's spinning out of control. I think a big problem is also that i don't know what I want to do with my life at all. I have a lot of passing interests but I have no idea what to really get dedicated for.

First of all I think I have to get my education in order. The resume will look awful but no resume will look even worse, I guess. Then I can start working on landing a nice job and finally maybe try to meet a nice girl.

I just hope it's not too late to fix this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.