[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do if you don't know who you are, and what makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1454347966DVkDp.jpg (101KB, 550x636px) Image search: [Google]
1454347966DVkDp.jpg
101KB, 550x636px
What do you do if you don't know who you are, and what makes you happy?

Just resigned from my first software job after university. The money and hours were comfortable but I got really sick of the work after a while, and I didn't fit in with the team.

I don't think it's my passion compared to my friends and other people I see doing it.

I've also realised that I don't really have much of an idea of what I want to do to my life or who I am exactly, so I don't have a lot of confidence in myself.

The only thing I never get tired of is cooking, so I'm thinking of taking a kitchen job on the bottom, maybe work my way up to line cook as I improve.
I know the money won't be as good and that I'll be working longer hours, but I've never tried any other job apart from software, so this is the first thing that comes to mind.

I can survive for a month or so, and my parents have my back, but I'm just struggling to work out and decide what I want or should do next?
>>
Take some time off and spend it with your mother and father. If you can go on a vacation but somewhere you can blend in the culture of the country without putting yourself in danger... just don't go in the countries where you know you can get abducted/high risk of terrorism.

The reason I'm telling you to go there is to broaden your view of the world. Blend yourself with the population and have a good time. But don't forget that you need to learn about the poverty too, because your fun/possessions is allowed because of their hard work. It will teach you a life lesson that will add to your own values.

Then you can re-calibrate yourself as of what you expect of life and what you will want. Don't spend too much time in your comfort zone, always strive for something better, one step at a time. You only have one shot at life after all.
>>
You could open a restaurant?
>>
>>18437754
You fucked up bigtime. You are gonna regret quitting while you go into debt with your parents while looking for a new job. This 'find yourself' during time off mindset is a meme. You can just as easily research new careers and educational paths in the meantime while still having a job.
You may feel like your previous job was a waste of time but that is a fallacy; this world runs on money and your ability to achieve personal happiness is directly proportional to how much moolah you have. Having no job and being dead in the water is a bigger waste of time than a job you dont like. I would strongly recommend forcing yourself to not be idle longer than even a week lest you fall victim to sloth.
>>
>>18437824

I wouldn't agree with that. Life situation, willpower, your own values, etc affects your judgment. If he doesn't take the time to see what truly interests him, he will simply make the same mistake and never get back up again.

Idling for too long can be a real problem, but not taking care of your own problem from within is more suicidal.
>>
>>18437795
I probably will, but I don't fancy staying for long; there's usually not a lot to do at the house and it's a long trip from where I moved out to.

I basically spent a year out after university because of this reason, but I didn't do much of anything; hence why I went with a software job - it was familiar and made the most sense back then.

I don't think I should do the same this time around, and just go for a kitchen job regardless. Even if it's not for me, I won't be any worse off than I was before unless I try to go back into software.

Worst part for me at the moment is not having any solid plan, it's making my anxiety kick off when I'm trying to look at other options.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.