[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Spanish student who recently finished an English studies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1495707565287.gif (490KB, 499x428px) Image search: [Google]
1495707565287.gif
490KB, 499x428px
I'm a Spanish student who recently finished an English studies degree. Now I've been denied my masters for translation and I'm facing another year of unemployment. I want to focus my career on audiovisual translation and esports, but these careers are rare in the country, and much more in the area I live in.

Since I was rejected for the masters, I've been looking for other oportunities. After a year looking for a job with no luck whatsoever I'm completely disillusioned about it. And I wanted to pursue this career for starters because it seemed a good path for good and safe money (before the crisis).

Now I don't know what to do. Employment here is scarce and exploitive, but it seems to be the only way to stop being a NEET and get out of my parents' house. What do I do now, what can I study or work as to find happiness in money and independence?

I cannot even study another degree because I would not get a scholarship, and I really doubt I will see the time for universal basic income. It gets depressing.
>>
File: 1487955706885.jpg (15KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1487955706885.jpg
15KB, 250x241px
Bumping this up because help
>>
Well, since many people know English I wouldn't say you are really marketable for a job (neither am I, even less than you probably). What about looking actively for a translator job in prison or wherever it's needed and if you don't get any settle for a bit less.

Also you could have a job around the world if you know English. Just don't expect it to be some CEO job from the start. Good luck
>>
>>18437552
Translation jobs here are few and far between, and I'm requiered to complete my education for most of them with a master's on translation, so they are sadly almost out of the equation.

Also, having completed a degree means I'm less desirable for a job since employers are forced to pay me more. So much for workers' rights.

Working abroad is a good option, but I do not want to be a burden for my family until I find a job and, let's be honest, my current degree has almost no use outside my country since I do not dominate any other language but Spanish and English.
>>
Why was your master's denied ?
>>
>>18437455
What part of Spain do you live in? I teach English in Gran Canaria and I hear about vacancies all the time, most of ny colleagues are translation/interpretation graduates waiting for an oppurtunity to enter the industry. Your English seems good enough to just go to language academies and ask if they have any hours.

Have you sent out some emails to ask about internships?
>>
File: 1491082812415.png (642KB, 1012x862px) Image search: [Google]
1491082812415.png
642KB, 1012x862px
>>18437605
There is a number of vacancies and I didn't got in. Probably because I spent a year taking care of my family and not studying.

>>18437627
Gran Canaria too, but so far every academy I've gone to have rejected me. I have also emailed many schools and other academies both in the other islands and the mainland, but no luck so far.
>>
>>18437668
I can help you find something if you want, are you in Las Palmas?
>>
>>18437819
Teror, Mordor city. But that would be kindly appreciated
>>
>>18437668
Go back next year. You can't do shit without a master's degree.

My captcha said GRENADA so look into that.
>>
>>18437668
Also apply directly to Enel.
>>
>>18437455
Why don't you do something like creative writing, freelance, journalism, teach English in a foriegn country, or something similar in the meantime? Don't you know anyone at college that could help you obtain a degree?
>>
>>18438069
Enel? A quick Google search on that just came with an electricity company.

Granada is another option for a Masters, but I wanted to take advantage of my master and improve my English or a new language with it, in its environment. Also, courses there do not convince me much.
>>
>>18438079
I worked my ass off as translator, editor and writer for a few gaming websites. I saw no money and I can't even use that experience in looking for a job since it was off the records
>>
>>18438083
Enel is a major worldwide energy company active in at least Spain, Italy, and Chile, since I've been acquainted with some of their employees. I knew a director level manager from the Spanish branch in Chile, and he was from the canaries, but I don't remember his name offhand. They are constantly recruiting bilingual English and Spanish employees because of the Italian business, you can't advance any higher than a low level manager without fluency in English.
>>
>>18437920
There are places around Triana which hire people without experience, I phoned 15-20 academies before I got offered my first job
>>
>>18438092
you can use it anyway. Just say you did it, they likely won't double check. You have the experience,use it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.