[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moral dilemma here. >Be me. >Misplace apartment keys, like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: key.jpg (37KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
37KB, 512x512px
Moral dilemma here.
>Be me.
>Misplace apartment keys, like an idiot.
>While waiting to see if they turn up at various lost and founds (bus, gym, gf's place, etc.) ask my roommate if I could duplicate his key.
>He says no.
So that's where I'm at right now. The problem is that management makes getting my apartment re-keyed incredibly expensive and I can't exactly afford it. Also, my roommate leaves for home in a week and once he's gone I'll be here alone, without keys.

He sleeps in until noon most days. Do I take his keys and get a duplicate made without his permission? Do I use an app like KeyMe to duplicate his keys? Do I just leave the apartment unlocked until I scrape up the cash needed to re-key? I hate that I might damage my friendship with him but the last idea also sounds terrible. I also really don't like the idea of paying $150 to re-key and then finding them a week later. What do?
>>
why is your roommate being a dick
>>
>>18436100

this is the real question. he has no reason /not/ to do this for you and even if you are the worst roommate ever, this is /not/ how he should be handling it.
>>
Also some keys say 'do not duplicate' so watch for that

but yeah take em, they can be copied in like 5 minutes using the Lowes machine

and he is a dick, cum in his shampoo
>>
>>18436116
This right here is why. Our pool key has "do not duplicate" on it. My roommate believes that applies to all the keys we've been given, not just that one. I don't care about the pool key, I just need to be able to unlock the door.
>>
He sounds like a legit cunt, move out or get a better roomate dude.
>>
>>18436214
Already signed a lease with him for next year. I guess I'll just try to convince him again that not all the keys fall under the "Do not duplicate". If I fail, then tomorrow morning I'll just take them. Just wondering if anyone had a better idea.
>>
>>18436095
change the locks to enter the apartment. when he asks for a copy tell him no.
>>
>>18436289
If I had the money, I'd do so. Actually, that'd save me $10. But I don't have the money.

Even if I did, the last thing I want is a legal battle/ him bringing management in. I just want to lay low and finish uni without student loans and a legal battle would be the opposite of that.
>>
>>18436318
watch a couple of videos about lockpicking. i learned to pick a standart lock for like 30 min and it takes me about 3-5min to pick a new lock and about 30sec to pick mine. all that with homemade tools out of bobbypins.
>>
>>18436371
using knife is so much easier though
>>
Go to any hardware store. Buy a doorknob with keys. They're like 25 bucks. Change the knob. Give roommate new key. Keep one for you. Get extras mafe incase you tardy out again. Problem solved.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.