[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a job that has computer related stuff involved (technical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1495910051713.jpg (36KB, 491x349px) Image search: [Google]
1495910051713.jpg
36KB, 491x349px
What's a job that has computer related stuff involved (technical stuff) but you don't need a degree?I'm asking this cause I only have 1 year of high school left and looking back it was all wasted time. I don't wanna spend another 5 years of my life doing maths. I can't take this anymore. If anyone knows pls tell me.
>>
>>18435677

amazon will hire uneducated tards to fix computers. they call it an internship cuz you just follow manuals. pays well and then after you complete the 'course' they pay you even more.

source: my brother did this
>>
>>18435677
just get a 2 year associates of science degree in some kind of IT job at a community college. it'll be like $6000 entirely covered by your pell grant.
>>
>>18435677
Tester, hotline support, call center. Google
>online test career
and do a lot of them to see what will drop out dumb frog poster.

>i cant take this anymore
Just wait until you will be doing sone shit job for 40+ years. 5 years of study is nothing compared to that.
>>
>>18435751
40 years of this, 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1. That's 40 ones.
Monday:Wake up at 8 AM, drink your coffee and eat a cereal bar, drive to work, mindlessly grind until 5 PM, go home, do whatever.
Tuesday:Wake up at 8 AM, drink your coffee and eat a cereal bar, drive to work, mindlessly grind until 5 PM, go home, do whatever.
Wednesday:Wake up at 8 AM, drink your coffee and eat a cereal bar, drive to work, mindlessly grind until 5 PM, go home, do whatever.
Thursday:Wake up at 8 AM, drink your coffee and eat a cereal bar, drive to work, mindlessly grind until 5 PM, go home, do whatever.
Friday:Wake up at 8 AM, drink your coffee and eat a cereal bar, drive to work, mindlessly grind until 5 PM, go home, Go to the bar.
Saturday:Go to the bar and get wasted again.
Sunday:Neck yourself
>>
>>18435770
That is every job in a nutshell.
>>
>>18435770
If you carry this cynical attitude then that's how your life is gonna be.
>>
>>18435677
Honestly, just about anything. I'm a programmer making $70,000 a year and I have no degree. I learned very slowly over the course of 10 years, starting when I was 14.

There's also:
QA (that's where I got started, but these days most roles are automation, which is programming);
support (pretty broad; could support business clients using a SaaS product, could work for an ISP, etc; various tiers with different required skills and salaries);
Server administration stuff (also pretty broad)

Really, IT/software engineering is one of the few fields where you can get by without a degree. My engineering manager went to art school, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>18435785
How did they hired you without a degree? Most company these days ask for one.
>>
>>18435776

There needs to be more to life than just being a slave worker
>>
>>18435792
no, most companies these days put that on the advertisement. nothing stops you from applying without one.
>>
>>18435811
If you find that,anon, be sure to tell me. I'm searching for the answer but I can't think of any.
>>
>>18435821
But how do I get the knowledge needed for the job? For example:let's say I wanna apply for a sysadmin position. How do I learn those stuff?
>>
>>18435792
What >>18435821 said. They put *a lot* of stuff on job ads that they aren't strict on, even if they say they are. This is well known amongst all IT workers.

The reality of it is that IT is a field where you need to constantly learn new things and most employers know this.
>>
>>18435835
Google.com
oreilly.com (or Amazon, or any book store)

I believe a lot of companies want _certifications_ for sysadmin positions. If you're a programmer you can work on your own projects and show them off. On my resume I had two links to Github repos and a couple links to pull requests I've made.
>>
>>18435811
There is, you somehow think that life is either "wageslaving" or being a NEET.
>>
>>18435852

i don't really see any other options for me, other than death
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.