[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you ever double text a girl? I met this girl,she seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: xdd.jpg (941KB, 2078x1271px) Image search: [Google]
xdd.jpg
941KB, 2078x1271px
Should you ever double text a girl?

I met this girl,she seemed really interested, asked for my number, we texted for a bit too, then i sent her a text and she hasn't responded and it's been 3 days, should i text her again or just delete her number?
>>
Text her one last time asking if you got the right number.
>>
>>18434253
I know it's the right number, we talked already,i sent her a message saying what's up and she has yet to reply, it's been 3 days.
>>
whatever you feel is right.

If I dig her enough, or wanted her enough; I'd throw one more bone out there while assuming it's dead. If I didn't. I'd just assume it's dead
>>
>>18434249
Why not take the chance? If she doesn't reply, so what? If she does, you might be able to fuck her.
>>
ghost her
>>
>>18434267
Even if you know its right, just text her asking if you got the right number. It look less desperate than double texting.
>>
>>18434279
What do you suggest texting?
"hey? you alive?"

>>18434281
what does that even mean?
>>
>>18434249
I sometimes double text or quadruple text for giggles. Well, not to the extent that it affects the flow of conversation though. Also I only do that to potential hookups, they seem to like it when I act desperate.
>>
>>18434283
>"hey? you alive?"
Hell no, I absolutely hate when people make comments like that. It comes off as clingy. Just ask what's up.
>>
File: 1492208028118.png (158KB, 304x273px) Image search: [Google]
1492208028118.png
158KB, 304x273px
>>18434303
>they seem to like it when I act desperate.
>>
>>18434283
It means stop all contact cold turkey. Don't text her, don't call her, pretend she doesn't exist. Only respond if she asks for a hookup with a date and time in mind. In that case, pump and dump her.
>>
>>18434283
I think three days is a long enough time that a second text won't come across as desperate. Why not just text her and ask if she's free this weekend?
>>
>>18434249
I really dislike it when people text ' whats up'. It's not worth a response. It tells me someone is bored or has been drinking looking for someone to talk to.
>>
>>18434331
^^this. If she doesn't respond to this, then move along.
>>
Double texting can be useful in some situations. Sometimes when I'm talking to someone over text I get distracted and completely forget about that conversation. Or they message me when I'm doing something, I see it and I tell to myself that I'll respond after I finish what I'm doing but then I completely forget about it.

But, whatever, stop overthinking it. Do whatever you feel like doing.
>>
File: 1435286536053.jpg (72KB, 759x551px) Image search: [Google]
1435286536053.jpg
72KB, 759x551px
youre being tested for neediness, at least i give it about 80% chance thats whats happening

wait a week and then send a non descript text, dont talk about the fact that she ignored you or bring up the other text at all, just some random shit like "did you hear about that show?" or something random to generate a response then ask her out

when in doubt, chill out

dont wind up like pic related
>>
>>18434360
Lost
>>
Refuse to engage in texting bullshit at all. If you give someone your number and they text you, ignore it and call them. Make them have conversations like a fucking person instead of letting them depersonalize your interactions and you won't have this kind of problem.

And for those who are going to say it, texting is never more practical. If you can't have a phone conversation in your current environment, chances are you shouldn't be texting in your current environment either.
>>
>>18434362
Yes that show is a good opener.
>>
>>18434360
This is good
>>
File: IMG_1691.jpg (49KB, 514x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1691.jpg
49KB, 514x534px
>>18434371
This, man
Texting games are complete bullshit and force people to hide things about themselves
If you want to talk, texting should be reserved for setting up meetings. Make the other person understand that if you're interested in them they should see you face to face
Waiting 3 fucking days for a response is just a big waste of time. Go on to other things in the meantime. If she responds, that's cool, but if not you could already have other things going on
>>
>>18434327
this.
>>
File: fish.jpg (62KB, 533x485px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
62KB, 533x485px
Yes, double texting is okay after 3 days. Do not accuse her of ignoring you or not seeing your text. Ask her something new.
>>
>>18434249

>or just delete her number

if the literal only other option is deleting her number, thus losing her number for good, then whats the harm in texting her again? like you are working under the assumption that deleting her numbre WONT make her text you, so whats wrong with texting her one more time?

is it a pride thing? cuz honestly if you have to ask /adv/ you dont have as much pride as you think
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.