[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help. My boss is out on vacation and couldn't contact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1497291465269.jpg (52KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
1497291465269.jpg
52KB, 604x455px
Please help. My boss is out on vacation and couldn't contact her. I should have tried a week ago but just didn't do it. The thing is that I have an exam today and can't make it into work (if you tell them beforehand you get permission). Now, I couldn't tell my boss I wasn't showing up (she didn't answer/get the message). Should I call human resources?
>>
>>18434047
Mind I have only been in the workforce for 6 months
>>
>>18434047
Whom you're supposed to report to while she went on vacation? Who's the person that's going to taken the blame if an angry CEO is he pops up suddenly in your department?
>>
>>18434075
Her manager. I can't contact him. I dount the CEO will get involved just because an intern didn't make it. It's a big company.
>>
>>18434075
I'm a little bit socially retarded. These things are hard for me.
>>
>>18434047
Hard to say without knowing how fortunate either the internship or school is

If it were my vote OP, I'd say take the exam and show up late with a note from your instructor.
>>
>>18434082
Then call human resource and tell them you were supposed to contact her when this situation arises but now that she's gone you don't want to bother her manager the CEO with it and as soon as they hear CEO they will shit themselves and follow your request.
>>
also yeah, HR sounds like your best alternative.

And if that's the improper action to take, they should at least see that as you taking action to do something about it.
>>
>>18434082
Big companies need to do everything earlier, you kinda messed up by informing things late.
Legally you can't go to that exam but since you're an intern(they have little expectation of you) I guess its safe to disappear for a day, as long as you don't make it a habit.

Don't call human resources, they'll definitely make sure that you couldn't leave.
>>
>>18434109
What's the worst that could happen if I don't call?
>>
>>18434123
Nothing will happen, relax, you are just an intern and judging by the tone of concern in your writings you are quite young too, so literally nobody fucking cares. Just do your shit and go the next day. If someone says shit you just pretend you didn't know you had to report etc.
>>
>>18434123

They won't fire you for one day, probably a sounding from you boss at most.
But >>18434101 got the right idea, being late is far better than skipping a day.
>>
>>18434143
I can't be late. I work for just 4hs a day and this falls right in the middle. Also it takes me an hour to get to my job. I'm not that young. I'm 22, iM just retarded.
What's the worse that could happen if I call?
>>
>>18434155
>4hs a day
Forget whatever I said, just go. You're handling non-critical task, none of the managements will care. I'll bet no one will even notice.

If you call HR and they said you can't go, they'll put your refusal to comply on record if you go to the exam. You're just asking for trouble.
>>
>>18434178
They know when you come in and out. The record will be there anyways.
>>
>>18434047

You got it the wrong. You should instead tell your uni that you can't make it to the exam because of work, not the other way around. Most uni gives lots of special exceptions for work related issues.
>>
>>18434187
By law i my country they have to allow you to go to the exam. And all the managers are cool with that.
>>
>>18434187
>>18434195
They have to allow you but you have to inform it not the same day
>>
>>18434182
Godamn you're fresh as a daisy. I'll bully you to hell and back if you're in my office.
>>
>>18434201
Idk, my dad is the CEO. I could talk to him but I don't know.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.