[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can GF and I name our coming child after our friends' dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1491872398069.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1491872398069.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
Can GF and I name our coming child after our friends' dead child?
>been with GF for years, planned to have a child together
>came up with great name two years back
>last year friends got a child
>they named it the same without knowing our idea
>their child died
Not sure if it would shitty of us to do or if they would appreciate out of a form of respect.

Should we talk with them about it or is the subject too touchy?
>>
Surely you can think of another name for your child and avoid this situation altogether.
>>
Doesn't sound like a great idea OP. Besides, what if you have triplets?
>>
>>18433518
The only way to know is to talk to them. They could have a really adverse reaction though. Maybe you can explain that you'd planned to call your child this for a long time, before their child was born.
The thing about confronting them though is that if they're not ok with it and you do it anyway you're gonna look like a massive asshole.
What is the name, if I may ask?
>>
Good intentions but I would be offended honestly.
>>
>>18433518
That which we call a rose by another name would smell just as sweet.

Find a new name buddy. The fact that you're even considering this is slightly repellent.
>>
Is it an unusual name? If its not id just go with it.

Otherwise id just look for a new name.
>>
>>18433518
Use it as a second name
>>
>>18433563
>>18433552
These.
>>18433554
Not this. It's too painful, don't talk to them about it.
Just think of a new name or they'll never want to spend time with the baby, and probably will hold you both in disdain.
>>
>>18433518
What is the name?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.