[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people lie about the importance of money and resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 2

Why does everybody say that personality and confidence are the most important things when it comes having a relationship ?

Nowadays, in order for a relationship to work/last men have to or at least appear to be "financially" successful.

These are just a few examples of what I've just said (I'm sure you've heard these before) :

Between 2:37 and 2:50 minutes

https://youtu.be/8j7H6WruSmY?t=157

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8ORQJtxicrA

https://youtu.be/ZS6--6jL5r8?t=2m43s

>I lost a whole bunch of money, chasing bitches, but I never lost no bitches chasing money.

>How real is that ?

>Only time, a woman made a man a millionaire, was when that man was a former billionaire

>How trill is that ?

What I'm trying to say is that vast majority of women simply want men who have their whole lives/shit in order.

Women don't want a man who's a "work in progress".

Lastly, have you ever had a 50/50 relationship with a woman (girlfriend, wife) ?

Did you two actually feel the same about each other ?

Did you two make an effort to help one another ?
>>
>>18433222

>True
>True
>No, but some have deluded themselves into believing it was.
>Sure, that's a vague question though.
>Of course.

Many women essentially want extensions of a fatherly paternal figure to take care of them, even if they have their shit together. Others don't, move on. You seem to already know what the majority of women are like, so who cares? Move on and do your best.

Most dudes are real shitloads of fuck too. Real piles of shit. A lot of women that can't get wealthy men are attracted to these guys because power is power, whether is physical strength, social power, or drugs.
>>
Im gonna bump this because more guys could learn from this
>>
nobody ever "lied" about that. you just heard whatever you wanted to feel better about being a dead end loser.
>>
>>18433254
So, actually showing proof and examples of why a lot of men can't have fair relationships makes me a loser ?

Do you even have a good relationship with your girl ?

How do we know you're not a dead end loser ?
>>
>>18433273
ok, on top of being a loser you are also a moron. interesting combination.

i said nobody ever said that in odmrder to get good girls you need a career and financial success to some degree.

i'm actually female and my husband makes enough to support a family of 4, so i would know.
>>
>>18433281
>you DON'T need

fuck. now i'm the moron.
>>
Women don't want a man who's a "work in progress".
>no not really, I mean it's not a deal braker. My husband is going back to school and I'm shorting him and our kids while he dose. It be nice if he already had a career, it be a hell of a lot easier financially

Lastly, have you ever had a 50/50 relationship with a woman (girlfriend, wife) ?
>My relationship is pretty 50/50 I'm the one paying the bills now and have been for the last 3 years but before that when I had our first child I didn't work for almost 2 and he supported me so I could have our baby. It feels pretty balanced, though I do do all the housework and always have regardless of who's working. Were kind of old fashioned in that aspect and I feel like it's my job as a wife to take care of the house n cook n all that.

Did you two actually feel the same about each other ?
> yes we've been married for years and get along really well. Never fight even when times are stressful. I love him because he is him, his/our financial status dosen't affect that

Did you two make an effort to help one another ?
> yes we do, I feel like I do a bit more then him just because I'm more of a nurturer and like to be more loveie/affectionate. I try to be really supportive and let him know how much he means to me. He helps me a lot to and is my rock. He's a great dad and husband.
>>
It's yet another "I'm an angry loser and I have this theory pulled from my ass that I treat it as a fact, now tell me how brilliant I am and how I'm right" thread.

tl;dr OP is a faggot.
>>
What do people have to gain from lying about it?
>>
>>18433293
I've assumed I was right to begin with.

That's why I asked if you guys have mutual/fair relationships.

I admit that I and a lot of guys I've met have had shitty relationships.

The vast majority of girls I've met and seen just care for no one but themselves and what I could give them.

The dates didn't matter, what I gave and did for them didn't matter, they would just hang out and fuck another guy (who had better things to offer) in secracy (behind my back).

Same thing happend to most guys/friends I met.
>>
>>18433329
>I did not assume
>>
>>18433329
Your entire premise is false. You're basing everything on bitter projections. You have never been on a date, right?
>>
>>18433336

>your entire premise is false

It really isn't.

His stroke is way too broad, but the fact of the matter is is that women chase the dollar.
>>
>>18433338
the premise he has, that's false is that "they" lie about it.
>>
>>18433339

but its true. Even men lie about what they want in a partner. Most bring up beautiful eyes or some fucked up shit, when really they just want someone to spread their legs. Women talk about humor and personality but it really is all about money.

There are always outliers. All humans are filth, but we're talking majority here.
>>
>>18433222
Yes women are sex objects and men are success objects. Men have to bring money and power and women bring youth and beauty, or so the story goes.

I could argue the same about women with height. That people lie about how much women care about height and such. Truth is, we will never know exactly how many women do or don't care about [trait in a man]. All we can do is observe that enough care at all to make people notice.

I would say as long as you are self sufficient you are good. I know guys with mediocre jobs or in between jobs who get laid because they have "game", or just bring something else to the table. So if you are short or have little money, why would a woman want you? Maybe you are charming or good looking or just plain ambitious.
>>
>>18433342
ok, to settle this once and for all:

yes, a SANE woman will care about how much you make. you know why? because a sane woman doesn't just fuck around because she "likes your personality and your looks". she has a clear set goal of having a functional family. whenever she goes on a date, she's merely trying to find out if you are worth her time. thatms not superficial or vain, it's basic intelligence. only real idiots have a family with a loser in a dead end job. so it's entirely your choice. do you want a sane girl? then you have to show that you're worth of one. you don't care if she is insane? then continue to rant about how superficial girls are who want a guy who can hold a steady job that pays off. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

what did you expect? that you can get a beautiful, intelligent, confident, sane and worthy wife just because you're you? guess what? everybody is "themselfes". thatms not some achievement that will get you brownie points. if you want something worth having you WILL have to work for it in some way or another. and yes, it is fair. it's not like you're born as a "worthy female". ofc if you're strikingly beautiful, you already have a pretty solid ground, but being beautiful means nothing if you don't put in the effort to STAY beautiful. and a good looking girl that is a total bitch and dumb as fuck is not worth anything more than a pump and dump. so if you want to be top notch wife material, you have to put in effort, too. you wonmt be aböe to pull the really good men if you aren't a really good girl yourself.

the energy you put into whining would be better invested in sending out job applications. it's also not like YOU won't benefit from a great job either. so stop complaining that girls want you to do something that's actually good for you.
>>
>>18433365

I'm not OP. Stop assuming I am. I know you want to feel validated and fulfilled for blowing OP the fuck out, but I'm merely commenting on how to an extent he is correct.

Furthermore it makes sense why guys like him always whine. A low-tier woman can spread her legs and get any man she wants WITHIN reason AS YOU SAID(capping just so you know I'm agreeing with you), a man does not have this quality. He has to go above and beyond to earn it. This is nature and the way of things, but it doesn't make it any less shitty. You blowing OP the fuck out isn't going to stop another from coming here and you know it but keep on coming here to give "advice" to these sorts of dudes when they never EVER had a chance in the first place
>>
>>18433372
they have a chance, they are just the equivalent of fat sjw's who play the blame game instead of taking responsibility.

but you're right. idk why i even bother answering those threads. they will never get their shit together.
>>
>>18433372
Stop going on /r9k/. It has poisoned your mind. What you said is ridiculously untrue. A low quality woman can absolutely not get "any man she wants". What made you come up with such a dumb idea?
>>
>>18433388
nigger do you lack basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>18433388

>within reason

I even capitalized "within" and agreed with the context of the post I replied to...and somehow you STILL wrongfully made the assumption that I browse that board.

A low quality woman can get any man she wants within reason. I stand by this. She isn't going to get Chad, or Dave but shell get Brett if he's desperate or drunk enough.
>>
>>18433365
Women don't have to do much besides what's already expected of men. They don't have to be big achievers like men do. Women can earn a little or a lot and still expect the man to make serious money and nobody bats an eye. Name one thing women have to do to "earn" a guy that's unique to them. Can't say looks because men still are expected to be physically attractive even if they don't groom (there is a difference between grooming and fitness and the latter is arguably more difficult to maintain).

But lol at you thinking the only worthwhile females want a family. Jesus Christ. I'm honestly curious what you think the minimum is for a guy to make to raise a family of, let's say, two kids. Because I know men who "only" make around 50k but have wives (who also work) and kids.
>>
>>18433388
>Stop going on /r9k/. It has poisoned your mind

I went to r9k recently and from what I've seen they are basically the Lookism incels crowd, some aren't even below average looking, but when they use the term Chads and alphas there's little doubt in anyone lurking it's a meme created by loners there, whereas a lot of adv guys and girls genuinely believe in r9k's memes.

Basically r9k's women hate threads are effectively less bitter and more self-aware than adv's redpills about women threads, I'd say adv threads get more negative because we also have guys living under the pretension of being successful with women.
>>
>>18433365
>a sane woman doesn't just fuck around because of looks and personality
>a sane woman has a clear goal of a family
Must be a female poster. No not every relationship is about kids. Plenty of them in fact are not. For someone berating the OP for making massive and incorrect generalizations, it is ironic of you to make a massive and incorrect generalization.

Yes personality matters. It matters a lot. Don't marry an asshole just because he has money. Don't start a family with an unfaithful or alcoholic moneybags. I would also rather be with a woman who is genuinely kind even if she isn't some "smart" but highly cynical and unsympathetic wretch.
>>
>>18433422
/r9k/ is full of bitter kissless virgin manchildren who think they are experts on women. /adv/ has posters who have actually been in relationships and had sex.
>>
>>18433392
And Brett will leave in the morning without giving his phone number. She will be alone again.
>>
>>18433425
Fucking once or two girls doesn't make you an expert on every single female being on planet earth. You should still take most advice with a healthy amount of salt, especially here.
>>
>>18433392
The fuck is a "quality woman" anyway?
>>
>>18433365
I love you
>>
>>18433431

a hot one are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>18433425
>who think they are experts on women
lol No one believes that, even themselves, just read their comics
>>
>>18433434
>Beauty = quality

If by quality you mean simple fuckability then yeah I guess. But that word quality implies a lot of things and I know way too many beautiful women who are terribly selfish. That alone is a big old turn off.
>>
>>18433435
You're underestimating the level of delusion found on /r9k/.
>>
Well, I'm successful professionally and academically. I want a man who is equally successful. Why is that unreasonable? I don't want to be a leach, and I don't want to support a leach.
>>
>>18433448

learn how to spell "leech' first, anon.

Also if you're really a successful female please avoid this place.
>>
>>18433448
Nobody said it was unreasonable.
>>
>>18433453
Why? Also yeah, I realised the typos as I clicked post. It's late and I'm tired.
>>
>>18433222
I think OP, the onus is also on the male (assuming he has value ie. good job security and decent finances) to not date and start relationships with women who do not have career aspirations, or show any true indication that she wants to contribute towards parity in a relationship.

My personal experience is that I'm in a very healthy relationship with a woman who makes almost double my wage (same industry) but since we are serious, we see our careers and finances to benefit one entity, and that is 'us'.

I understand alot of men who do not have stable jobs and job security will struggle to find women that can accept that, but lets be honest, a lot of men who whinge do not even have any intentions to improve so how can they attract a savvy independent woman that is their equal or greater?
>>
>>18433448
Same here but I'm a man. I'm successful financially, I don't mind if a girl isn't as successful as me but she still has to bring enough to the table. Unlike what some people here claim, a low quality woman could definitely not have me.
>>
>>18433475

I have intentions to improve but this society is extremely rigid and actively seeks to stop me from climbing.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
>>18433447
well I just lurk there for giggles. Perhaps I haven't been there long enough but I actually like the threads about feels and random topics (like clothing, fembots, music, fetishes etc). The most deluded people are always found on adv.

Basically as an observer, I see that the focus of the women related posts on r9k is to whine (REEE lol), while the focus of the women related posts on adv is to preach some theory: like the guy who spends a lot of time posting and reposting his theory about how you can get all women instantly wet by beating up their bf (lol), or the guy who posts hundred threads about how every woman loves buffed dudes, if some femanon says otherwise he'd say women don't know what they want or they feel buffed guys are out of their league so they don't show their interest (lol). Those are only two of many examples.

The useful posts of adv are always about non-relationship topics.
>>
>>18433480
From your perspective, keep trying and maintain a balance, ie. fitness, social, trying to get a better job, self improvement.

From the dating perspective, Im sure any woman would agree that if you can show genuine signs of interest and care to the above, they will not give a damn if they're genuinely attracted to you.

Of course easier said than done friend, but life is not easy nor is it fair.
>>
>>18433222
Money is important to an extent.

I don't want to use my resources to take care of you indefinitely, and I don't want you to do this for me. We both work and we both contribute to the household.
It can be fine for a short period of time (between jobs, when we have a child, if you decide to go back to school) or if there's some major issue but I enjoy being in a relationship with someone who adds to the household.
I supported my partner financially for years, and never minded it. I am well-off, and I didn't mind taking care of a less wealthy partner. But it was a short term solution - they were working on their education.

I never dated a man who made more than me. I never minded dating men who were "work in progress". I appreciate hard work and drive more than money.

I don't believe in 50/50 relationships, I think it is a silly fantasy. We always put effort and loved each other, but each of us contributed to our relationship in the way that suited them best.
>>
>>18433222
Because not all women go for money?

i've been with my bf for the last 4 years,
the most expensive thing he ever bought me was a necklace for about 75 dollars
I wear it every single day, it's beautiful and i love it!

he gets everyhting he whishes for, new playstation, new phone, speakers, earbuffs, headphones, he whishes it he gets it.

i don't care what he earns or what he can give me in things, i can buy my own stuff.

Right now he has a low income because he's a student and when we met he didn't have anything, lived at home and moved in with me after a short time of dating
what is important is he loves me and treats me with respect and shows me affection

he is a work in progress, and so what?

i'm a very emotional person and i need someone who can deal with my emotions, and he can.

i know if he could he would give me the whole world. thats enough for me, he doesn't need to do it.

of course not all girls feel that way, some wants stuff, other wants big cars, high education, big dicks.
whatever floats their boats.

all people are different so you can't say all women are the same
>>
>>18433475
Some people just want someone who accepts them for who they are and not what they make. I get the argument about wanting stability but I've gotta say, the amount of money a woman makes doesn't matter nearly as much to me as the content of her character. And I certainly know women who don't value financial success and aren't nearly as concerned with that stuff as people think ITT. If they did I don't think they would be with who they are with.

Personally, I don't want to be with a shrew who thinks making tons of money is the purpose of life (this is not to say all women who make good money are shrews). I would rather be with someone who also values my character because that's what I focus on improving. If she made good money it would be nice bit not something I would care about that much, like i wouldnt even think about it.

And no, I don't think the money you make reflects your character or personality at all. I've met all types of folks rich and poor. I also think womens hesitance to "accept" a guy making less money is at least somewhat socially influenced. Kinda like men and fat girls.
>>
>>18433480
BREAK THROUGH PUSSY. NO EXCUSES.
>>
>>18433494
This is the type of woman men should want to date, and there are many out there.
>>
>>18433497
Mate I get you and there are women out there who will accept you as you are. When I mean financial stability, I mean having enough cash spare in medical emergencies, or to enjoy a nice simple trip every year to celebrate.

To not have to live pay packet to packet, to enjoy some simple luxuries. To maybe have enough savings after retirement to buy a caravan and travel the country.

These things all relate to experience and activities that will strengthen relationships.

Lets take the opposite extreme, if date night is watching commercial tv and popcorn every friday for the rest of your life, the relationship will get stale. Variety is the spice of life and no matter how you spin it, you need some money to experience that.
>>
>>18433497
Also I think this fixation on career, education and status is a fairly modern thing. There are so many reasons to be in a relationship and I hesitate to say you should only marry a financially successful person because that sounds like some American Dream thing. It's not everyone's cup of tea, period.
>>
>>18433506
Maybe but put it another way, if you are in the right company it can make a huge difference. I experience more joy in familiar environments with great people than I do in New ones with people who make me miserable. Obviously there are more options than that but if you need "spice" from outside then, to me at least, it's a sign something is not working in the existing relationship dynamic, and until that gets fixed vacationing to another country is just trying to patch the issue.
>>
>>18433448
Are you me?

Femanon in the same situation
>>
>>18433508
Money is one of the main reason why people divorce.
If you look at statistics, the best indicator that a relationship is going to last is that they were in their mid/late 20s when they got married, they were college educated, middle class wealthy and they earned the same amount of money.
This is because if you don't have to worry about money too much you argue less and have time to invest part of the money you earn in things that bring you and your partner together like a hobby to share, a trip, a dinner date. If you both make money there is less resentment between you two, you are more equal in everyday life.

Sure, by all means - don't marry someone you don't love just because they make good money. But reflect before getting married to someone if they are dead poor.
>>
>>18433530
Sure I get that. But it seems like this debate is more between someone who is lower class financially vs someone higher. I make enough money to support myself and my hobbies and I would like a woman with the same situation or around it, but from the talks here it seems like some folks at least aim way higher. Even going so far as to talk down on people who are not driven by growing financial success or the desire to raise a family. I simply dont want to be with a woman who is too crazy about money and "success" unless by success you mean life fulfilment. I don't want money and the pursuit of it to be the center of my life ever.
>>
>>18433515
I mean no offense to you but I am going to assume that you haven't had any long term relationships before. I'm talking >2 year. All relationships get past a honey moon period. If you think finding another introverted woman who will accept staying in creature comforts for the rest of their lives, I really think you're being unreasonable.
Human nature is to be inquisitive or curious. Doesn't matter if you're introverted / extroverted, doing repetitive things doesn't stimulate the mind. Think of it as stimulating your mind with someone who you care about.
>>
>>18433540
I think if you're going to think and accept your way of life , you have to accept that the pool of women will be much lower. And let me make it clear that your way of life is your choice and there is nothing wrong with it, its just a life that is not shared by too many and you have to be realistic about your chances.
Good luck , I genuinely wish you the best.
>>
>>18433540
I haven't actually seen many people talking about being rich. It seemed that for most people it was about being comfortable financially.
Money is a way to get a lot of things you like and make you happy. You shouldn't pursue money for the sake of having money. I want to have enough money to pay for my children, or to travel as much as I'd like. That's it.
>>
>>18433525
Successful man here. Want to go on a date?
>>
>>18433448
>'m successful professionally and academically. I want a man who is equally successful

do you have a throwaway email :)
>>
>>18433543
It's not going to make a difference that we can "afford" a relationship if we are not happy together. That is the point in trying to make. Nobody said anything about "creature comforts" lmao wtf? You have no idea what my life is and you're making all these assumptions.

>human nature is...
Not a big blank screen for you to project your personal opinions onto. Relationships to me are about relating and sharing important feelings. I can get new experiences if I just get up and go find them, so that's not really something I look to others to give me. Same with money and shit like that.
>>
>>18433591
Ok if you're going to get feisty, then don't ask for advice since you clearly don't need it. Good luck
>>
File: 1419012182692.png (255KB, 805x805px) Image search: [Google]
1419012182692.png
255KB, 805x805px
>>18433222
>>Only time, a woman made a man a millionaire, was when that man was a former billionaire
That's a great one.
>>
>>18433555
Yeah but you don't know that. Even if what you say is true it's not as important to try to appeal to a majority out of pressure as it is to keep doing things in my own order and others can take it or leave it. By the way that doesn't mean never improving my financial situation. My situation with money is always getting better. But I don't want a woman to look at me and be like "oh Yes, money for the kids I want!!" Because fuck that shit. I want her to desire me as a person and let that other stuff be icing on the cake.
>>
>>18433425
>/r9k/ is full of people who saw the trap coming and avoided it, /adv/ is full of people who fell blindly for the trap and are most likely still within it and still haven't realized

If I need to walk through a warzone and avoid landmines I'd trust the guy who isn't missing his legs.
>>
>>18433619
I'll trust the guy who has walked through the minefield over the guy who has not left the basement in years and his knowledge of minefields comes from memes on a Cambodian pottery forum.
>>
>>18433468
>made the same mistake twice
>every other part of the post is correctly formatted and spelled
Nice try. You didn't know how to spell it.
>>
>>18433627
Just shows how stupid you are for intentionally going through the minefield to begin with.
>>
>>18433427
Sure beats not even having that one night of not being lonely.
>>
>>18433645
Well why did you choose to accept being a low tier male who can't attract girls?
>>
>>18433643
You're seriously saying that bitter kissless virgin manchildren who haven't left the basement in years know the best about relationships?
>>
>>18433662
If you weren't so blinded by your obsession with finding warm holes to shove your dick in, so desperately that you'll put up with any amount of unfair bullshit, you might be able to see it too.
>>
>>18433669
Why all this angry projection? If you have no intelligent contribution, go back to /r9k/.
>>
>>18433687
No anon, telling someone they have no intelligent contribution and to simply go away and stop talking is what the person who actually doesn't have intelligent contributions says.
>>
>women are whores

more news at 11, until le successful man meme makes it on the list of ideal husband this wont change

isnt it funny though
>have equal rights and capabilities
>still expect to be payed for spreading legs
>>
>>18433432
aww, I love you too, babygirl. could I contact you in any way? :) I think all men should respect women. :)
>>
>>18433661
Because I'm not ambitious, talented, intelligent, tall or handsome. I don't make a lot of money and probably never will.
>>
>>18433722
So you swallowed the brown pill. Everything you see is shit. You gave up on life without even trying.
>>
>>18433735
Everything is shit though.
>>
>>18433749
Pick up a shovel and throw the shit away.
>>
>>18433762
There's more shit buried under the shit.
The shovel is also made of shit.
>>
>>18433735
I have literally nothing to offer to anyone and that's a fact. That's just facing reality.
>>
>pathetic losers who admit they have nothing to offer
>why do women care so much about money?

Wew lads, cognitive dissonance much?
>>
>>18433774
Knowing that if you aren't hot the only way to attract somebody is either being born with a good talent or be willing to slave away for good pay is pretty awful.

I live by myself, pay my taxes and practice my hobbies. I am utterly unremarkable in any of these, why would anyone bother with me rather than a more interesting person?
>>
>>18433722
Dude, don't talk like that.

It's possible to become successful as long as you're actually trying.

How's giving up going to help you get what you want ?

Giving up means you've accepted defeat and you stopped trying.

All I'm saying is that you should keep trying to get what you want in life (don't throw in the towl).
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.