[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you present a CV when you're 23 and have little to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How do you present a CV when you're 23 and have little to no work experience?

I have about 1-1.5 years of work with my 8 jobs combined, mostly temp work. Large gaps, short jobs. I'm applying for bottom of the barrel work but even so I feel like I don't even compete with highschool graduates because at least they don't look like a lazy neet
>>
A C.V. is not a resume. It's ok to have gaps/odd end jobs on a C.V.
>>
>>18432893
If you are lucky to get an interview, that is where you need to shine, compensate by showing your real desire to learn and show commitment, punctuality, willingness to adapt.
It doesn't matter if its an entry level job or a graduate job, expect to be rejected at least 5-10 times in this current job market.
>>
>>18432893
get a loan and go to a reputable trade school.
>>
>>18432901
The term "resume" is not used where I live. Either way its a 1/2 page summary of my education/work/skills.
>>18432914
That is exactly what I intend to do later this year, but for the next few months at least I need to earn to live as I'm running out of savings
>>
focus on dressing nice and being punctual to any interviews, even handing in to places wear a button up top (long sleeve looks best).

if its a place where they do a lot of hiring through people coming in person then either say to the front desk that you're looking for a work and was wondering if you have anyone I can speak with, or can you give a resume to pass on (since just going up and asking for the manager, they're probably busy and would rather you just hand it in and be passed on).

if it's resturant/pub/fast food shop places just go to all the places around you and ask for the manager (don't just give to a worker to pass on to manager, these places are filled with casual workers who would want more hours, they'd be more likely to trash the resume then pass on to the manager).
if the manager is there and you can speak introduce yourself (can just say "hey hows it going", don't have to say 'hi im anon from fagtown and I'm 15 years old) and say you're looking for work, here's my resume, can do any time, and ask if they might have work available. small fast food places just ask for manager and say hey I was just looking for work at the moment and wanted to hand in resume if you have any work available or anything, they go 'yea, kthxbai', you say thanks. chain fast food places are just looking cheapest labour as possible so it's harder to get a job there compared to a resturaunt or pub for an older person

if you go to restaurant or pub for dish washing/front of house work/bartending go in at a time when it's not busy. like don't go in at lunch time trying to give the resume. about 9-10 a clock is best (depending on hours they're open) since the chefs would be doing prep work (since they might be who interviews you rather than manager) and the pub wouldn't have people. anything after lunch then it will have people in the pub having meals or a drink and workers probably be more stressed since it's later in the day and they've been working for a while
>>
>>18433621
also if you do get an interview for any of these, be atleast 10 minutes early (even 5 minutes early is kind of cutting it, they have to take time of their work to interview you so they might be waiting even before the time of it). don't go in on 4-5 hours sleep for a 9 o clock interview after staying up till 4am playing games. you'll look slow and dull because you're tired to them. just get some gum and don't smell bad and look presentable (especially in food jobs, don't go in with raggy long hair or beard, or dirt in nails etc)

if you do get a job, be 10 minutes early for the first 2-3 weeks of shifts atleast. after that you can go like 5 minutes or arriving just on time, but don't be late for any of the first 2-3 months. the first shifts and being early makes a good impression even if you're not the best worker, atleast you show up early and will look just as good as workers who are good but arrive like 2-3 mins late all the time.

also try not to stand around at any time on the first days, try work as much as possible so it looks better. if you don't have anything to do then ask what you can do or suggest things like 'do you want me to clean up ___ area or do anything else since I've finsihed doing ___'. food jobs are more fast paced at certain times (since most of it is preparing for lunch/5pm/dinner, then those times when most of it is fast paced) and the workers are always pissed off too
>>
get that book What Color is your parchute? it will teach you all you need to know
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.