[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it phony to have a small percentage of confirmed chinese descent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: asfdghj.jpg (105KB, 1053x809px) Image search: [Google]
asfdghj.jpg
105KB, 1053x809px
Is it phony to have a small percentage of confirmed chinese descent ranging from 1/16 to 1/8 and all of a sudden be really fascinated by it and want to learn mandarin and really get into Chinese culture. See it feels kinda funny since I'm a rather small portion of it and I always thought cultural appropriation was really stupid like weeaboos who worship Japanese culture but are not in the slightest bit asian. Does the fact that I actually have a recent relative who was actually full blooded chinese make it not phony? I'm kinda conflicted by the whole thing
>>
unless you can get gibs in some form by technically being part of a protected class (say you are 25% native american), then you shouldn't give a fuck
>>
>>18432636
Wait so are you saying i shouldn't give a fuck about being a small portion of Chinese? Or it isnt being phony cause i actually have Chinese
ancestry albeit a small amount?
>>
Fucking americans, I swear to god.
>>
>>18432626
It's phony if you just do it because you are 1/16th chinese
If you do it because you want to learn more, enjoy learning, see economic prospects or have other uses for the things like communicating with relatives or what not then it's not.

Sure being part chinese can be a good starting point for your motivation but unless you have nothing besides that going for you then it's just the classic "wooo look at me and how chinese I am, I'm learning chinese at rosetta stone and practicing tai chi at home"

Chinese culture is very interesting and deep and often nearly totally overlooked by western education and Mandarin is the single largest language by native speakers which brings ton of economic and other benefits to know.
You really don't have to have a too big of reason to learn foreing languages and culture, just be sure what your motives are and be prepared to actually put in some effort
>>
>>18432626

its phony if you dont actually have a reason for doing it. i dont think you know what phony means.

its a wee bit hypocritical but if you generally like it perhaps instead of thinking 'I AM NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE CUZ OTHERWISE IM A HYPOCRITE' you can say 'its okay to change, I was wrong for judging those people before and wanting to learn about china has made me realize that'.
>>
>>18432680
I just think out of my other ethnicity's(which are cool and all) Chinese culture is just really unique,deep and rich. And I didn't know of it until recently. One example one of my buddys at work has native american blood while probably quite a small amount, even if he has any at all but I can tell he's very fascinated with the culture. I think the thing with this fascination is that literally almost everyone is of European descent and It's just the exoticness of Chinese culture that is fascinating. Probably in East asian where everyone is asian ,one might become very fascinated with perhaps a distant German ancestor cause they would see it has very unique and different in a place where everyone is asian.
>>
>>18432684
My reason for doing it is because it is a rich and interesting culture. I think weeaboos are phony because they are not Japanese or even asian at all.
>>
>>18432763

okay, so you're going to continu eto judge others while maintaining your hypocrisy, why even ask for ad vice?
>>
At least you're not italian and have to learn baboo babopucci buttgay language and eat wheat noodles to get in touch with your roots.
>>
>>18432771
But I have Chinese blood that is the difference
>>
>>18432790
what lol
>>
Chinese culture is fascinating and it's worth looking into regardless of your descent. Don't worry about phoniness or cultural appropriation. As full chinese myself, I am guilty of cultural appropriation via the clothes I wear, the language I am currently writing in, etc. If it's interesting just go for it. I am currently very interested in Russian history and culture and have been trying to learn Russian.
>>
>>18433058
I dont think you know what culture appropriation means

>>18432626
If you try justifying your interest in a culture by saying youre part of that race, of course its phony. If you truly are interested in a culture youll have to accept the bad too like chinese communists and eating dogs. I myself am interested in rastafari and hip hop culture. I accepted the fact that ill be shunned upon for being gay because i love these cultures.
>>
>>18432626
what's the rest of your mongrel mix?

oh, and check out Ku Kung-ming (Gu Hongming). rumour has it his mother was European, but he went full Heathen Chinee at the end of the Qing dynasty and refused modernisation, westernisation etc, and ended up some kind of living relic of the feudal ages. Hardcore shit, and a great guy all round.
>>
>>18432626
You are probably just a very boring person, college campus retards would call it explotation the. Again college campus retards only exist on college campus
>>
>>18433964
1/3 Filipino, 1/10 Spanish and 1/4 English 1/4 French. The other cultures are cool but i was most fascinated by the Chinese ancestry. And before you ask how I got 1/3 and 1/10 my grandparents on my mothers side were all mixed and not pure blood and I'm just kinda rounding. I'm not entirely how English and French I am though so i just say quarter and quarter
>>
If you want to get culturally enriched because of finding this out, I say good for you. The reason doesn't matter, the fact you want to does. The fact that it's in your DNA just makes it more personal for you. It's not phony. You're bettering yourself and your mind, good for you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.