[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My landlord is trying to charge me $400 for New mattress I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
My landlord is trying to charge me $400 for New mattress

I did have a stain on it, but they didn't even try to gett it professionally removed for much cheaper. So they're charging me for an entirely new mattress, shipping, and cost to dispose of the old one. I feel like that's not legal? I mean they didn't even try to get the stain professionally removed

can I take this to court/ would i have a chance of winning? It would only cost $40 to file this in a small claims court, but I don't wanna waste my time, but I also don't wanna be taken advantage of either , and to be honest I don't even think they're going to buy a new mattress I think they're just trying to steal my money

The mattress is otherwise in perfect condition besides the stain, it's completely usable it just needs the stain removed and a M tress cover

I tried talking to him in text and told him I would bring it to a small claims court if necessary Bc I felt like he was overcharging me but he said "I'm no longer inn business with you that's the cost don't text me again"
>>
>>18431670

First off, this is why renting is a bad idea. Someone can legally screw with your finances and living situation.

Second, no tenant wants to sleep on a fucking stained ass mattress that someone fucked on and sweated in and shit even if it's been "professionally cleaned." That's why landlords have these deposits.

Technically I'm sure you could dispute the terms of the deal if the mattress wasn't listed as something you put in a deposit for but we'd have to see the lease.

Just pay the man.
>>
>>18431670
that's why you always use a mattress protector.
>>
So you ruined the guys mattress and now you won't pay him for it?
>>
You can at least annoy the landlord and make him show up to court. Seems worth $40 to me.
>>
>>18431670
https://www.amazon.com/Luna-Hypoallergenic-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/dp/B002AQNXR4
could have spent $40 to save you $400.
>>
>>18431670
Even if you destroyed the mattress entirely, he would not be entitled to replacement cost of the mattress. He'd be entitled to the value of the mattress at the time you destroyed it. Take him to small claims and Sue him for your deposit back, this is bullshit and he knows it. Was the mattress brand new when you moved in?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.