[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not so young (30) and unskilled. I have boring office

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm not so young (30) and unskilled. I have boring office work and dont possess any skills or talents in creative or other significant fields. All my life i was attracted to various manifestations of fantasy. I want to remake other people created artworks, plots to fit them my own taste i also want to see my own wildest ideas being executed in carefully thought out and brought out creations of literatirure, multiplication, cinema, art etc. In the same time i lack the most primitive forms of patience, am lazy and talentless.

I only can dream with all these unborn designs and lose myself in these dreams.

This unresolved contradiction wears me down day in and day out, i dont know how to live anymore, what can i do?
>>
>I want to remake other people created artworks

Derivative works are less interesting than your own.

> i also want to see my own wildest ideas being executed in carefully thought out and brought out creations of literatirure, multiplication, cinema, art etc

That's awesome dude. Me too. It's a big task though. The only way to get a task like this done is to get started. Literally anywhere. Start writing on your computer. Start doodling in a notebook. It doesn't matter. More and more ideas will come if you allow yourself to tap into a creative way of thinking.
>>
>>18431185
You have addressed the second part of equation, but what about the first, my ultimate lacking of skills AND patience to develope ones?
>>
>>18431227
your unsatisfied with how your life has progressed, i get it. the answer to solve your problem is to stop being lazy about it and get to work.

like creating something vs dreaming of it are two completely different things. dreaming doesn't take any effort, creating things does.

making something is not fun, and 90% of it is boring repetition. you can't do anything in life without suffering/getting through the boring, not fun bits.

if its important to you, fight for it. there's no getting round this fact.

start drawing, painting, writing, animating etc.

whatever medium you wanna use start building your worlds in, start developing skills in it.

if you won't, you're gonna be 40 and still be standing where you are now.
>>
I hear you man. 29, same boat. I hear the phraee "make cool shit with cool people." All there is to it. Just gotta start making
>>
>>18431307
also don't be too hard on yourself while you build proficiency. like it takes time to get "good", it won't happen over night.

also don't fall into the trap of trying to reach perfect, since as any artiest will tell you, a finished project will never match how an artiest envisioned the project at the start

like during the transmission from "inside ones head" to "built in the real world", a project will always get warped a bit.

a drawing of a face won't ever match what you think it should look like in your head, so the trap to avoid is to not seek perfection.

half the battle is to recognize when something is good enough, and then move forward. don't rewrite a scene to death, otherwise you'll never finish the book. good luck anion
>>
>>18431307
Let me ask a further question too. If i think that the most developed way to present imaginary world is either animation or comics, what would be the most effective approach for me? Should i focus on writing scripts and then search for drawing/animation artists? Ive read that famous comic author who created Watchers and V ofr Vendetta was at one point drawing artist but he realised he would never be able to produce work with enough drawing quality and quantity to match his ideas so he turned to scriptwriting. And he didnt have zero foundtion in drawing like yours truly.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.