[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My uncle isn't respecting my boundaries. I'm staying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ENOUGH.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
My uncle isn't respecting my boundaries.

I'm staying with him for college and he repeatedly PULLS on the door to enter even if it's locked, he basically refuses to simply knock and wait patiently for me to answer. It has gotten to the point where my girlfriend refuses to have sex during the day because she fears he's going to rip the door off one day and barge in (which he has done once before i met her but i'm not going to tell her that, he basically wanted to paint the ceiling and ripped the fucking wood strapping off the door like a psychopath because he apparently couldn't wait a couple hours)

He constantly brings up how it's "his house his rules" so what i'm thinking i'll do is if he won't respect my boundaries i'll just sit naked in my room claiming that it's too hot and if he continues his behavior or gets pissed that i'm not decent when he feels entitled to barge into the room of the person staying with him i'll just move back to my father's place even though it would add an extra 4 hours of commute to my schedule if i take transit or 2 hours if i complete my driver's license.

I've gotten to the point where i'm sick and tired of his constant attitude, asking for money even though my father helps him pay for bills, lack of respect for boundaries and the final straw is that now my girlfriend is scared to have sex with me in the privacy of my own fucking room. (or "his" room as he probably sees it in his prick of a mind)
>>
Are you paying rent? If so, you have a case. If not, it is his house, his rules.
>>
>>18430310
move you faget
>>
>>18430314
This. Unless you're paying rent, it IS his room.
>>
>>18430323
>>18430314

Yes i am paying him rent.

>>18430315

He thinks i won't because it's too convenient for me to have a 1 hour commute via subway and my girlfriend lives in the city. And he uses guilt tactics like i'm abandoning him if i even hint at the idea of leaving. He's honestly so toxic it's insane. And he has the nerve to call me useless because i won't help him during my break to lift heavy shit when i walk home from work after i've been lifting heavy shit.

If it wasn't for me he wouldn't even be living in that house or he would be in even more debt than he currently is because he would need to dip into his line of credit.
>>
>>18430314
>>18430323

Regardless, even if i wasn't paying rent it shows a grave amount of disrespect to just barge into the room of a family member.

I'm just looking for a way on how to deal with this or at least make him bearable until i'm finished college.
>>
>>18430310

Well, put a secret cam around your room with a clear view of you and the door. Film a few times of it happening and then threaten it to post on Facebook or to your relative. That'll shut him up. <3
>>
>>18430338

Toxic? Gotta go bro...

>>18430444

Trips confirm
>>
Explain all this shit to him. If he keeps doing it, move out
>>
>>18430314
im not paying him rent but its still my room
>>
>>18430323
Even if he's paying rent, it's his room. But this goes well beyond the concept of rent, this is a normal sane behavior issue.

>>18430585
this, you probably already tried but try again, just out of the blue take him, tell him to sit down and listen, and make it clear that this is the last straw and he's literally ruining your life. Be polite and calm.

There's a good chance this won't work because family members are assfucks very often, and given the liberties he already took it's not impossible that he will just keep doing that. If he does, don't give him another chance, move away.

>>18430444
Not a terrible idea but don't threaten, just straight link it to your parents and have them give him a piece of their mind. This way you'll probably have a better outcome if you do move away.
>>
If the rent is fair then your a cunt. Like desu, idk if you have had real room mates, but what your talking about is such a small offense by comparison
>>
>>18430338
if you're paying rent to him then you can pay rent to someone else and get a place closer to school.
>>
>>18430310
Why are you staying with him if you're paying rent. Unless by 'paying rent' you mean he charges you like 20-100 bucks a month for a room.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.