[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this white spots on the back of my throat. More numerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: white-spots-on-tonsils[1].png (241KB, 347x262px) Image search: [Google]
white-spots-on-tonsils[1].png
241KB, 347x262px
I have this white spots on the back of my throat. More numerous than in the picture

I also had this sore throat for since Thursday and it's been one of the worst sore throats I've ever had. Usually it's gone by now but it's still there
>>
>>18428590

Possibly strepthroat. It will pass with time, but if you want a sure diagnosis, go see a doctor.
>>
>>18428596
Will it pass with time? I went to the ER for a stomach issue a few days before the sore throat. I really don't want to go to the doctor again
>>
>>18428590
maggots or mango worms.
>>
it's left-over jizz
>>
>>18428601

Yeah, it's not normally dangerous. Might last up to a week or two. A doc might write you antibiotics, but those can shorten the sickness by 2-3 days only, so not worth the trip, really. Only keep on eye out if you develop a fever, it can get to pretty high temperatures and might warrant a trip to a hospital. Other than that it's just very annoying. I've had it a couple of times.
>>
It looks like strep.

I didn't treat mine, and I spent a few days in the hospital with myocarditis. I'm still recovering.
>>
>>18428590
swallow the onion chunks outside of that you should be good
>>
OP here. My temp is 100.4 Is this a fever and is this normal?
>>
>>18428590
>>18428601
>>18428655
A strep infection is definitely potentially dangerous and can result in rheumatic fever that appears weeks after the initial infection and can often results in heart damage. I wouldn't fuck around with this, go to a doctor and take the antibiotics, its retarded to risk your life over something that can be solved efficiently. It's a common infection among kids, but it's risky not to treat it.

It could be some other tonsil infection, but I can't be sure. The swelling is pretty low-key and that's probably pus draining from them. Some people get harmless tonsil stones which have a similar appearance, but it's usually just one and only on a single tonsil.

t. med student
>>
>>18429190
My brother is a PA and he said it's likely strep throat.

I just don't want to waste a doctor's time with a minor sore throat
>>
>>18428590
Op check that shit asap.

I went untreated for months. Almost died, I think I might have permanent heart damage plus I couldn't go to school because I felt terrible, couldn't move, and basically have too retake the whole semester again.
>>
>>18428590
Listen to the other replies about strepthroat. It could just be tonsil stones like I get quite often, which fall out by themselves (and can cause bad breath so watch out for that).
Regardless, go to your doctor. It's their job to help you out with your health. No point risking it as other anons have said just cuz you don't want to go to the doctor again.
>>
>>18428590
Have some straight honey. Shit is godly when you have a sore throat. Not sure why but it's true.
>>
As a doctor I have to tell you to get that checked out as soon as you can.

That being said if you really don't want to go to a doctor again do what this guy says >>18429930 m even better get an iodine-povidone based mouth wash.
This dude is also correct >>18429190, however depending on your lifestyle and constitution it might not be an issue for you and it will just go away without any harm, if you die you will be doing the gene pool a favor anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0895.jpg (40KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895.jpg
40KB, 443x332px
I had strep throat once. It's very sore and smells a bit gross. It clears up pretty well with antibiotics. If you're American just suck it up and pay for the doctor appointment and antibiotics. If left untreated you could get very serious complications in ~2% of cases.

t. Microbiologist
>>
>>18428590
White spots can also just be tonsil stones. Completely normal, but if you said your throat is sore its probably strepthroat like others said.
>>
>>18429950
I say honey because it's the get out of jail free card for a sore throat. People are more likely to have that shit sitting in a cabinet vs meds and such.
>>
>>18428590

Tonsil stones
>>
>>18428590
Did you recently have unprotected sex? Might be oral thrush and a sign of HIV.
>>
File: IMG_1525.jpg (102KB, 750x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1525.jpg
102KB, 750x761px
>>18428590
>>
>>18428590
100% strep, you need doxycyckine or anotehr anitbiotoc
>>
OP here.

Went to the doctor, despite all the symptoms of Strep, I tested negative for it. A more comprehensive strep test comes in tomorrow. They also tried taking my blood for mono
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.