[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can i not move and get on with my life? My mom wants to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 299x168px
Why can i not move and get on with my life?

My mom wants to hold me back /adv/ from achieving the things i want to achieve. I am very uncomfortable here. I am not myself here. My uncle said he would let me live with him but my mom says no. Im fucking 18. I am rotting Because some bitch thinks im a devil. She tries to care when im sad but when i tell her why she just stops caring. Shes really regressive. Idk what to do /adv/ i just feel like killing myself and as the days pass by, i get used to this being reality because some bitch thinks im retarded.
>>
>Im fucking 18.
You can do whatever the fuck you want, you are an adult. You don't need your mom's permission for anything.
>>
>>18428315

move in with your uncle anyway. she'll hold a grudge but get over it fast. if hes okay with it, then do it.

and if not him, simply go to a bank and take out several lines of credit and then make a run for it. find some really shitty housing situation, like 4 dudes sharing a 1 bedroom and make that work.
>>
>>18428322
Fucking this. Do what you have to do.
>>
If your 18 and your uncle is cool with it why would you not just leave and live with him? Let me guess, you're actually underaged arent you?
>>
>>18428315
>18
Anon, you're an adult now. Just leave. You'll regret NOT leaving. It's your life, she's not in charge of it anymore. Her job was to make sure your ass was wiped, that your ate everyday, and had a roof over your head. Now it's time for you to leave the nest. She's not holding you back, YOU are. There is nothing she can do to force you to stay. She's just afraid of what this cruel world is going to do to her baby.

If you haven't left, or declared you're leaving, it's because YOU don't want to. Now is the time to take control of your own life, to make your own choices (and mistakes).

Once that clock hit 12 on your birthday, your mother is no longer legally obligated to take care of you. You don't need her anymore. Move on, but stay in touch. She's still your mother and deserves your respect. But as her som, you deserve her respect too. Your relationship will be different now, but maybe it's for the best.
>>
>>18428547
Nah. Shes the type of person to call a permanent disorder a disease. She didnt let a sibling of mine go to the hospital, she was having suicidal thoughts. She lied to me alot, she told me she was ready to move while at the hospital.... We never did. I broke my glasses once because she kept lying about letting me be happy but she said its my fault because i shouldnt have gotten angry.
>>
>>18428591
It is my fault for still being here. But please dont paint my family as an average one, i want to change my name. I want nothing to do with them anymore, theyre very regressive. They have money, i constantly told her to save the money so she could move to live a better life. I already tried rationalizing her actions and i just concluded that she likes suffering. They dont like the idea of better. Im just tired.
>>
>>18428646
I didn't paint them as a normal family. I gave you the logical thing to do: leave. Don't let anything stop you. You are in charge now. Learn to love it.
>>
>>18428679
Youre right. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>18428322
This, just leave, legally, she can't do shit about it.

She is probably using you to feel needed.
>>
Got to agree with Anon and GTFO. I had to when I turned 18 and never really looked back. 20 years later I am successful, have my career, several college degrees and I am happier than anyone I know. I did it on MY OWN. And got out of a no where town and a family that basically was cancer to my wellbeing. I see them once a year around Christmas. Moved 2 hours away to a bigger city and I do my own thing. I purposely found a girlfriend that had no family ties in this state and not very close family ties to her own. Life is great. We keep an eye on each other and life a good life. I wish you luck.
>>
>>18428703
Thank you. I have a question regarding your degrees, how hard is it to double major?
>>
Not very if you are a good student. I have two masters now one in Environmental Science and the other in Electrical Engineering. It all depends on your study habits, commitment and how well you handle stress. I came from a shit show of a family so I was a pro at stress management. It all worked out in the end. It will for you too. You just have to take that first step and go. I suggest to get a good plan and then bail. Make sure you have a good plan A. A sold plan B and C too. You will do just fine. Taking that first step of breaking the cycle of family insanity and walking out is the first step to a new life.
>>
>>18428757
Thats good! I want to take environmental science! I also want to take Marine biology course like ecology and the fisheries. I also want to take astronomy because space is interesting. I love nature. Do you think it will help me to have volunteer work under my belt? I fucked up in highschool and im stuck inland where i cant help much.
>>
>>18428703
>when i turned 18
>20 years later
>i am successful

youre still going on 4chan at 38
nigga thats the opposite of successful
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.