[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any way to stop being a cynical asshole and start becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IkIZddk.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IkIZddk.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
is there any way to stop being a cynical asshole and start becoming a nice wholesome friend
>>
yes

as for the question, no you can't be whatever you asked
>>
>>18428146
Twist the cynicism into humor and you'll become a more friendly person as you grow into it. I was the same way, and although people still think I'm cynical, they also think I'm funny instead of a dreary asshole.
>>
A few ways. You can start being friendly by turning you cynicism into dark humor. Later on, when you actually acquired friends, you need to let go of blocking emotions. The more you'll block them with cynicism and dark humor, the more of a fuck up you will feel (and be). Plus, you'll need to really trust them for that so it'll be easier.
>>
>>18428146
damn I could fit my dick through her ear hole.
>>
>>18428146
I agree with the dark humor bit that others have said. Jokes can be a great way to turn sad things into happy ones. Make that cynical deconstruction work for you. You've broken down enough things to have the raw materials perfect for building people up. You're really good at finding flaws; that's just observation. I would think the good things in your life, or the good things you see in other people, are much more meaningful. People love a unique and observant complement.

And get in touch with your emotions like the other anon said. Know who you are, and what you appreciate in the world and the people around you. That way you can show it to others.
>>
You could try enjoying life more. There's no shortage of art, music, passion to admire and share with your friends. And maybe you can find your own passion and maybe it will be some form of art. Then it doesn't matter if you're an asshole, because you're getting shit done and contributing to society whether they like it or not.

And I know I sound like of asshole-ish here, but when I'm writing this I'm thinking of Nick Cave or David Lynch. They're both "dark," write a lot of dark shit and have been called assholes/ embody the image of an asshole, but they're really just assertive about their art. People say Lynch is a shitty director to work for, but if you're half as invested in the Creation as he is, you'll get along just fine.
>>
So I once was a lot more cynical. When I realised that cynicism is a defense mechanism I asked what am I defending myself from. Maybe it was lack of self confidence or rather being too judgemental. Cynicism for me was a thing of adolescense
>>
>>18428146
holy fuck those tits
>>
File: jesus.jpg (271KB, 1440x921px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
271KB, 1440x921px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.