[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22, live in the United States and haven't had a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I'm 22, live in the United States and haven't had a single job to put on a resume. Dose it get harder to get a job as I get older?
>>
>>18427757
There is a type of jobs, that are available for all ages. You can always get a job, but it will be a shitty one. At 22 years, you are not even old, so your chances are not worse.
>>
Sounds to me like your a bit of a failure OP. By that age you should have a full resume. If not full of jobs, then full of volunteer work or internships. What happened with your life? Did your parents spoil you all your life?
>>
>>18427757
Let me guess: your parents are divorced and you hate Jews?
>>
>>18427757
So for some actual advice, people who can claim 2 or more hours of volunteer work a week tend to be more appealing to employers than those without any current work experience. You might check with any churches, animal shelters, or food pantries in your area for volunteer opportunities if you don't have any specialized skills. Habitats for Humanity is good if you have building construction experience.
>>
>>18427757
probably seems sketchy as fuck if youre 22 and never had a job. like not even a part time or nothing.
>>
>>18427757
Volunteer at a soup kitchen for three month then get a STARTER JOB at a restaurant
>>
>>18427757
>>18427757
Why the fuck are you asking us?

Go and apply for a job, fucking loser!
>>
Entry jobs like movie theaters, grocery stores, fast food, and department stores don't care really as long as you have an open schedule, and during the interview if you don't come off as crazy.

Apply. Apply everywhere. In the meantime volunteer somewhere to gain experience.

You'll probably be asked why you waited until you were 22 to seek employment, and you should have a decent answer prepared.
>>
A good excuse: "I was going to college for the past 4 years, but then life got in the way. I'm open to going back again someday, but for now I'm just looking for full-time work."
>>
>>18429765
I'd imagine its pretty simple getting volunteer work?

>>18428866
Parents are divorced. Don't hate Jewish people.
>>
As a generality, it is very bad to have a 'blank' resume, or one with 'gaps' that lead employers to infer that you were NEET. In my last year of high school, I had some seminar thing, where a woman came in to talk about building a resume. And some of us asked about lying about it or embellishing etc. She literally told us, that if it comes between that and having a blank resume, then do what you gotta do. I think, she even mentioned that her brother had done it, and hadn't been caught. It really depends on the employer/job. But again, as a generality, most of them don't check all but your most recent reference. And they especially don't check volunteer work unless it sounds really fishy. No one is gonna call up the soup kitchen or homeless shelter that you put on your resume.

You really do need to get at least one legit job, for at least 3 months. And make sure you befriend the boss man so they can be a reference.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.