[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get in the mood to study something you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: nyfa-graphic-design-1400x500.jpg (150KB, 1400x500px) Image search: [Google]
nyfa-graphic-design-1400x500.jpg
150KB, 1400x500px
How do you get in the mood to study something you don't like? My parent are making me take a graphic design course that features stuff like indesign, and watching the course material is just so boring to me, its making it hard for me to pay attention and get motivated to study on my own. I'd rather learn how to actually design or draw stuff, but programs like indesign are mostly used to make layouts and get stuff ready for print, and very little actual designing stuff so far. So how do people study stuff that they aren't really that invested or interested in?
>>
Ritalin
>>
>>18427032

I'd rather not resort to something like that.
>>
>>18427029
You either want to do something, or you dont. Easy as that.

If you cant force yourself watch some crap, i think you will end up as majority uni students: drop out.

And remember it is better to drop out sooner and save time and money than later.

Cheers!

>>18427032
Great way how to get hooked up and destroy your attention span in the long run.
>>
>>18427038

Yeah thats true, luckily it didn't cost me too much money, and I'm thinking of doing something I do like on the side until the course is finished, since I did pay for it anyway.
>>
>>18427044
>until course is finished
I am not sure what do you mean but whatever.

Think REALLY HARD why are you in college?
>wasting money
>wasting time
>to make mom happy
>to gain experience
>to gain knowledge
>to fuck hot teens
>to gain piece of paper which opens me certain doors for certain jobs

Majority of uni students i have met during my studies were complete idiots who dropped out during first year. They were there just to please parents or because they didnt know any better. And as you type
>on the side
i have feelings you are just another clueless teen in uni.

It is all about the piece of paper and maybe about finding internship so you get real job even before you finish.

Dont fall for the meme
>do what you enjoy the most
That is invented by nerds like me. When you love tinkering with computers and your first question to everything is
>how and why does it work
then you go for software engineering degree and really have job in something you semi enjoy.

Do you even know what can you do with design degree? Have you searched job market? Maybe it is high time you do.
>>
>>18427054
So what do you do when you're only in college to make mom happy?
>>
I'm in a similar situation, anon.

My degree requires a shit ton of maths/logic when all I want to do is do less theoretical computer science. Took me a little while to realise that, hey, this is actually what I want to study - it's a part of what I need to do, and I need to learn it.

You probably won't grow to love it, but just think of it as a building block. Think how much better you'll be for learning this shit, because it'll look that much better on your CV, and it'll get you that one step higher on the ladder to where you want to get.

Not everything will be fun, but it is all necessary. Either way, your course sounds really fun, graphic design is awesome. Enjoy, anon.
>>
>>18427058
You either find passion in what you do there and or make a statement before god himself and finish it no matter what. However take note that your future job (next 30~50 years depends on how fat you are) will be filled with +-the same thing you do in uni. And i have seen so many people doing job they HATE and they all had terrible side effect of it like:
>never smiling
>alcoholism
>morbid obesity
>beating wives
>cheating partners
>driving like maniacs and eventually death by car accident
>various super funny health problems caused by stress (practically stress kills you faster than cancer and it also causes various cancer)

Sad truth is that until basic income hits, we all have to do some shit work. Or die homeless. And studying something you dont like wont help you at all.

So either realize that what you study isnt so bad or find something better like being plumber.
>inb4 i dont like anything
Everybody likes something, think harder.

>>18427061
And also this. Every course has few classes just to annoy students. And seriously, without math you are just dumb writer of code.

In my case i had to go through 2 classes of physics. That was pure test of my steel will to pass. Forgot everything 2 weeks after pass. Totally unrelated to anything.
>>
>>18427066
Do you think that you need a certain IQ to understand certain high level math concepts? I really want to spend my time in uni overcoming my difficulties with math, but this always spooks me, since I'm pretty average in the smarts department.
>>
>>18427078
>understand
Yes, you need to be as nigger or better aka 90+ IQ. The difference is that some students spend 1 hour before exam reading one math book and ace it. Majority have to spend week reading the same book to understand it and then almost fail the exam after few repeats while going to courses and practicing exams all over at classes.

One math phd student whose main course was theoretical math told us that he understanded the concepts which were taught in 1st year classes only when he was in 5th (last year) courses. Until then he did what all good students do: trying to find out how does the test look like and pass it.

>spooks me
I was always spooked by talking to girls. You never know how it is until you try.
>>
>>18427029
The more you understand these programs the more fun you'll have designing things in the future. Not sure how to say this and not sound like an ahole. If studying was fun everyone would be doing it. It's not fun but you need to do it in order to make money. Now NOT having money is by its very nature the opposite of fun. With money you can have tons of FUN.
>>
>>18427078
Nonononononono, absolutely not.

I sucked hardcore at maths in high school (like, 40% was my max grade). By virtue of having to do weekly assignments in uni, I've been getting +65%. The one time I studied for more than an hour, 100%.

Effort over IQ (IQ is a load of crap anyway), always. Especially with so many awesome resources (Khan Academy, YouTube lectures, that one YT channel that does [math thing] in X minutes videos, etc.), so just go for it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.