[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girl's baby daughter won't be OK with going to bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
My girl's baby daughter won't be OK with going to bed unless she's with us. If we put her in her crib she starts scream crying and won't stop. My girl can barely set her down without her freaking out. Tonight I managed to get her to lay down and shut up but she keeps tossing and turning and sitting up to make sure I'm still here. For the sanity of my girl and for my sleep, what can I do?

> INB4: "break up with her and her out of there."
>>
Ear plugs (from ebay) are pretty effective at blocking out any noise, with them you would fall asleep if you were tired. However, with no noise you are kind of clocked-out of life.
>>
Does the crib have a mobile?

If not then get one. If so them print out pictures of your faces and glue them to the mobile.
>>
Can you move the crib into your room?
>>
>>18426576
Although earplugs sound heavenly right now, I don't want to leave the kid crying and screaming. We have housemates and that could also lead to abandonment issues down the road? Idk
>>18426580
That is 100% worth a try
Thank you
>>
>>18426582
It's already in our room, forgot to mention that.
>>
Be careful not to spoil the kid too much.
>>
It's actually dangerous for a baby to sleep in a bed with an adult. She needs to sleep in her crib, for her own safety. It'll take some sleepless nights, but I cannot stress how important it is that it happens.
>>
>>18426554
>Literally my wife's son

You are a LITERAL cuckold, I know "cuck" gets thrown around a lot, but you're LITERALLY a cuck.

Don't ever date a single-mother unless she's a widow. These civilization-destroying bitches need to learn a lesson.

White-knights like you enable this shit.
>>
>>18426610
I think I'll continue to irritate you.
Also called it
>>
>>18426610
You LITERALLY do not know what a cuck is.

If OP was in a relationship with her and she was having sex with other men then he would be a cuck. Dating/marrying a single mother does not make you a cuck in any way shape or form.
>>
>>18426668
you're both wrong but he's closer. cuck = man who gets stuck raising another man's child as a result of being cheated on by his partner
>>
>>18426695
Do you actually think that's what cuck means?
>>
Are they confusing the term cuckoo with cuckold...?
>>
>>18426695
No, that isn't what cuck means according to literally any definition you can find anywhere. Cuck means "person who was cheated on".
>>
>>18426702
>>18426718
>>18426723
the levels of retard itt are pretty endlessly amusing, i'll give you faggots that much
>muh irony
>>
most importantly, how old is the kid?
>>
File: illiterate retard btfo.png (82KB, 1080x756px) Image search: [Google]
illiterate retard btfo.png
82KB, 1080x756px
>>18426801
How exactly am I wrong, you fucking idiot? Cuckold literally means "person who was the victim of infidelity". It has absolutely nothing to do with dating a single mom.
>>
>>18426808
nice dictionary. why exactly might infidelity have posed an issue? why might people have wanted to avoid it? any ideas?

and don't you worry your pretty little head, there are myriad other reasons for single motherhood being a bad practice
>>
File: 1466338078129.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1466338078129.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>18426830
>mfw I read this incredibly retarded post
We're talking about the proper usage of a word here, moron. Stop trying to change the subject because you got exposed for being a simpleton with a limited vocabulary who was using words he didn't fully understand.
>>
>>18426830
What does this post have to do with what you replied to? Can you read? Are you incapable of following along a small number of posts?
>>
>>18426806
since you don't answer this crucial question, i suspect you don't really want help.
>>
>>18426554
It's anxiety as far as I know. Also supposing she is around 1 years old. The reason why they refuse to sleep varies with age, but since you say baby and not toddler I assume she doesn't speak yet. I also assume you went to the doctor and checked that there is nothing wrong. Sometimes they are in pain when you make them lie down flat, because of reflux or kidney issues, so they start crying.

How tense are both of you when it is time to put her to sleep? Because this can take a while and you really need to ease the kid's separation anxiety. That won't work if you both are on edge. Kids are more perceptive, they are attuned to their parents. The more stressed the mom is, the more difficult the kid tends to be.

What helps is a warm bath, check with a doc or pediatric nurse if you can use lavender oil in the baby bath, and do that before she goes to sleep. Also her mom can wear a t-shirt then put it around a teddy bear or give it as a blanket to sleep with, so that there is mother's smell (careful for choking hazard though). Try to have a ritual where you do the same things in exactly the same order. If you have a cradle that can be rocked that's great, a mobile is a good suggestion too. Singing nursery rhymes sounds retarded but humans have done this through the ages for a very good reason: it calms down babies because they hear moms voice, and the calm melodies are usually good for sleeping.
Good luck!
>>
>>18426912
Not a native speaker so I messed up my words, I didn't mean nursery rhymes but lullabies.
>>
>>18426554
Sounds to me like the baby perceives it's self as being the more dominant/important in the dynamic and is asserting it's self. It has learned and conditioned you and it's mother to relent and give it it's way upon threat of screaming fit.
Since you are not the actual father, instead of fighting it's mother for your attention it will leverage it's mom against you. I haven't the faintest idea how you do that (a matter of context), but I suggest you look into it, because these are behaviors which will continue to manifest depending on how they are addressed.
I recommend a stuffed animal of some sort, something that isn't a threat to the child but that they can hold/feel as they sleep. This way, the child can feel to have won (gotten their way) and you don't have to worry about crushing the child as you sleep.
>>
>>18427482
* "You need to get a handle on it anon."
Is supposed to go between "against you." and "I haven't"
>>
>>18426610
A cuck is someone who is willing to let there partner fuck another person, or gets off to it.
>>
>>18426554
I don't understand why you are already living with this woman unless you started dating her when she was knocked up with another mans child. If you want some sleep I suggest let the kid spend time with biodad
>>
File: l8e3m78m4uwx.jpg (39KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
l8e3m78m4uwx.jpg
39KB, 640x633px
>>18426554
>my wife's son
>>
>>18426610
Time to buy a dictionary you shit eating faggot
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.