[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird that I'm not too traumatised by being raped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Is it weird that I'm not too traumatised by being raped?

It was an unpleasant experience but it hasn't had much of an emotional effect on me

It's been 2 years now
>>
Male or female? And how did you rationalise it?

Whenever I lost a body party, I rationalised it by telling myself the damage was only to my physical body. We, as humans, tend to see our bodies as ourselves because of how our minds and bodies are linked, but what you really are is your consciousness. Your body can be repaired, and with the march of technology, eventually replaced. It's nothing but a shell.
>>
>>18426396
Female

He was drunk and an asshole, he was just an acquaintance so I wasn't emotionally betrayed or anything

Men are prone to behaviours like violence and rape, that's their psychology
>>
>>18426408

Seems like you rationalised it by developing a phobia of men. You ought to lose that. The actions of one person doesn't define half the human population. You'll never get anywhere with that attitude.

Where you drunk? Did you report it or tell your friends?
>>
>>18426419
No I wasn't drunk

I know there are some men who don't exhibit violence or rape, but there are factors (like testosterone) that make them more likely to do those things

I've never met a guy who was nice to me without a reason like wanting sex. In general they aren't very empathetic people. That's just the way they are.

No I didn't report it. No evidence.
>>
File: 1494583172923.jpg (51KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494583172923.jpg
51KB, 500x393px
>>18426408
>prone
Interesting that you're rationalizing it to that degree.
>>
>>18426375
I feel you op. Had an ex that fucked me in the ass (my first time) without lube and wouldn't stop when I said it hurt and wasn't into it. Only real damage was a torn butthole and being cool with never doing anal again.
>>
File: Jason-Mantzoukas-Thumbs-Down.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jason-Mantzoukas-Thumbs-Down.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>18426428

>I know there are some men who don't exhibit violence or rape, but there are factors (like testosterone) that make them more likely to do those things

0/10

Not gr8 r8p b8 m8
>>
>>18426375
not too weird but it's always possible that you've hidden the emotions so well that you aren't even aware of them yet.

did you talk to some kind of professional about it just to let it out?
>>
>>18426428

Yeah, you definitely have a lot of hang ups regarding men. You should speak to a therapist about getting rid of this unhealthy attitude. You'll fester with this hate inside of you.

Rape is not a crime you really need much evidence for. If you report him, something you still can do, a full investigation will be launched. You don't have to sit idly by while he gets away. Perhaps you feel emotionally distant because you think he won't be brought to justice. It may also be a defense mechanism to prevent you from having to relive your trauma. It's similar to people who suffer from anxiety. Their emotions can shut down when they cannot deal with them.

Once again, speak to a therapist, and report the guy.
>>
>>18426454
He's in another country now

Not interested in legal battles

I've spoken to therapists about this, honestly there wasn't much to talk about other than I disliked being taken advantage of like that

I'm a girl so there's not much I can do to protect myself from people

I don't think all men are bad, I just think that a lot of them are.

Why would a guy care about me? There's no reason for people to care about me unless they're my family.
>>
>>18426428
Gathering evidence is not your job when reporting any crime. All you need to do is report it and if you have anything to help them provide it. For all you know the only thing required is them bringing him to the police station and questioning him and he'll break down about it.
>>
>>18426464

You're wrong, alot of them aren't bad. Only a very small minority are. Just as a very small minority of women are. What country are you in?

A guy would care about you because he loves you. You need to find someone like that.
>>
>>18426474
UK

>A guy would care about you because he loves you. You need to find someone like that.

I'm 24 and no guy has ever loved me or wanted to be with me. It's just sex, sex, sex.
>>
>>18426464
There's tons of ways to protect yourself as a girl, you just aren't willing to learn them because you think "oh no I'm just a poor frail girl there's nothing I can do!"
>>
>>18426486

That potentially says a lot about you. How are you meeting them? If you're meeting them on Tinder then don't expect anything more than a hook up.
>>
>>18426494
I tried joining okcupid once, just full of mentally ill people or people who weren't looking for anything serious

A guy can pretend to want a relationship with you or want to see you again and "likes" you, but then as soon as they get sex from you or you refuse to have sex with them, they stop talking to you
>>
>>18426502
so you're going to a whorehouse and complaining that the customers only want to fuck you.
ok.
>>
I'm sorry you've had a rough experience with guys OP. I know it might seem like they're all out for just sex and nothing else, but I promise you the reality is different. I understand that's hard to actually believe since your own personal experiences paint a very different picture.

I guess just stay hopeful OP. Not all guys are insatiable pussy destroyers who feel no feelings. There's some who are actual people, and care about getting to know you in addition to giving you the D
>>
>>18426510
OP merely mentioned that she tried the site, not that she's only ever tried to meet guys that way. So quick to judge!

OP, What other places have you tried meeting guys?
>>
>>18426511
It seems to me that if you don't meet a certain standard of attractiveness guys don't develop feelings for you and just use you as a cumrag

>>18426517
>OP, What other places have you tried meeting guys?
I don't know where you're supposed to meet guys. I mean I've made guy friends from social events, university, hobby groups and stuff, but they're never interested in anything more than sex with me.
>>
OP sounds like a broken daddy issues girl.
>>
>>18426523
>never interested in anything more than sex with me.
Why do you feel this way? What have your personal experiences been where you explicitly, without a doubt learned the guy only wanted you for sex and nothing else? I'm not doubting you, I'm just trying to say that sometimes we can have a bit of a skewed perception about reality, especially if we've been hurt in the past. We start believing something that may or may not be the actual truth, and then that can often lead to us putting ourselves in situations that confirm our beliefs. Not to say that I'm blaming you for your experiences with guys, because if that's what's happening then you're probably not even aware you're doing it. But I'm going off point, the point was the questions I asked
>>
It's your brains way of coping with the the trauma. Educate yourself on trauma and grief, it will help you understand. There is nothing wrong with it, when you can handle 'dealing' with it, you will.
>>
>>18426523
How do you know that they want sex from you, exactly?

Do they tell a joke and you automatically think that they want in your pants?

I highly doubt your case. Drop the gender studies class. My Sociology text book was full of inaccuracies when it came to gender and sexuality studies.
>>
>>18426543
So quick to assume things about OP, especially negative things! Why?
>>
>>18426375
Stop posting about it and I might believe you, loser
>>
>>18426557
Have you seen this before?
>>
>>18426543
>>18426530

They outright tell me that they don't want anything serious, or that they also want to fuck some other girl, things like that
>>
>>18426567
When you're talking to these guys and meeting them, how do you communicate that you're specifically looking for a relationship and not interested in just casual sex?
>>
File: IMG_2042.jpg (44KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2042.jpg
44KB, 396x382px
>>18426560
>>18426375
>>
>>18426567
Are you the one bringing sex/dating up?
>>
>>18426571
By asking to hang out, and they don't want to, that's the gist of every interaction

Like they say they definitely want to see me again but then blow me off

Or when I say I want more they say they're not looking for anything serious

>>18426575
Yes
>>
>>18426464
>I'm a girl so there's not much I can do to protect myself from people
ccw
>>
Upon reading the thread I can see you ARE traumatized from it. It's just that you've normalized the behavior so that it seems acceptable to you. But that's just a way of coping, because all of the things you outright assume of men aren't true for the entire universe or even a majority.

Did you know? A lot of men also complain about women for a series of reasons. Some of them being

>"I would do anything for her but she doesn't even care about me"
>"She cheated on me with the guy she told me not to worry about" (there was a thread about it)
>"She only cares about the money she can get from child maintenance and will withdraw my child from me if somehow I cannot pay her"

Among others.
>>
>>18426567
You ever consider that youre just an uninteresting person which leaves people wanting nothing but sex?
>>
>>18426375
Yes, this is normal. You are also probably damaged in ways that either: a) you have not psychologically connected to the rape yet, or b)have not fully manifested in your life.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.