[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am pretty sure my friends are tired of me whining about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

I am pretty sure my friends are tired of me whining about this shit.

Have you ever been in a situation where you think you are getting over someone and then you relapse and get depressed and cant stop staring at your phone hoping for the impossible? Like bruh, I was over it yesterday and now I miss her. WTF. How do i make this stop?
>>
I'm going through something similar dude. I don't think there's a magic answer, everyone will deal with it in they're own little ways. But you have to accept that maybe you weren't meant to be with her. You may never forget her, especially if it was a significant and long relationship, but over time you'll look back at her with fondness instead of pain. You may never stop missing her, but you will learn to accept that that phase of your life is over and that now you can focus on the future. In all honesty, I wish I could feel the words I'm typing. I know I need to focus on myself, but I always find my thoughts drifting back to her in some form. Most days I'm fine, some days just suck. It's like that. You just have to find the strength to acknowledge that it was never in your power. Letting go is the hardest part, but it will happen eventually, even if you don't notice it. You can do it, anon. Just give it time.
>>
File: bro.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>18426273
DESU I feel like a little bitch right now. Like females are supposed to be the ones getting caught up with this shit, not us. She probably is over the whole thing already. Fuck man.

There has to be a way to expedite this process. I honestly dont have time to entertain these thoughts, case in point; its fucking with my mind during training earlier today, and my fight is on October! I gotta focus!
>>
Same here lads. It'll get better, it always does. Just hang in there...
>>
Psychologically, it only takes anyone 11 weeks to heal from a break up. Divorces are longer.
>>
>>18426283
Trust me, there's no way she's completely over it, unless it's been a significant amount of time. You might feel like a bitch, but the only way to let the feelings go is to embrace them fully. Cry like a bitch if you have to. It really helps me.
>>
File: 1460035524937.jpg (68KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1460035524937.jpg
68KB, 604x604px
>>18426320

Im only at 2 weeks. Fight is in 4 months. I dont have 11 weeks....
>>
File: 1392420892210.jpg (97KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1392420892210.jpg
97KB, 500x666px
>>18426262

I'm 9 months in after my relationship of 2 years fell apart when I finished college.

>tfw think about her every day and hope she texts me asking to get back together
>>
>>18426262
These things are similar to any grieving process and the length of time is different for everyone as they move through it. The issue becomes you may get stuck along the way and have to deal with that. However, over time you will accept it and dwell on it less and less but there will always be times you think of the other person
>>
You definitely aren't alone. My ex and I of 1.5 years just broke up two weeks ago. Many times before she had broken it off with me but we ended up back together. This time I was fed up with the bullshit and the games, so I ended it. I met a woman the other night and went to her place to hang out. Chemistry via text was awesome but when I got there and we started talking I just felt........fucking empty.

It's like now that I'm rid of her I want her back more than ever. Shit sucks bro and we feel what you are.
>>
File: 1420401650479.jpg (50KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
1420401650479.jpg
50KB, 960x672px
BUMP

Somebody must have the secret cure somewhere and that fucker aint sharing that secret.
>>
You have too much free time, you need to occupy it with something. It is probably because it is the summer and you aren't in school so you keep going over the same thoughts over and over.
>>
The thing is, there really *is* no secret to this. My gf of 2 yrs (who I loved unconditionally) dumped me 9 months ago for no real reason. I was absolutely devastated. I've never seen myself act like that, and never thought I could. I'd collapse and cry, I'd put on my running shoes and sprint until my lungs and legs hurt so bad I couldn't go any further.

Point is, I'm not doing that anymore. Bit by bit, day by day, things became easier. The best way to deal with heartbreak, or any depression, is to get busy doing something. Invest in yourself. I joined the gym, started drumming, learned to skateboard, started photography, got a part-time job, then a jon in my feild full-time – just to name a few. You can either sit and wallow in this shit filled trench life has placed you in, or you can struggle through. Pull one leg infront of the other and start pushing on through that mud and bile. You'll notice that as you move forward, the level of shit begins to lower. It will eventually go from chest deep, to ankle deep. By that time you'll be glad you kept moving. And when you're out of that trench, you'll finally realize just how much you've improved and grown as a person. All that investment, even if you didn't notice you were doing it because all you could think of was your heartache, will have payed off.

IT'S YOUR CHOICE. You can either get busy loving yourself, focusing on improving yourself, or you can wallow in your despair and think in circles trying to figure out what what wrong, or how to get her/him back.

I'm not quite out of that trench, but the shit soup is shallow enough that I can see my own worth again. I'm a good person, I take my health seriously and I treat people with respect and compassion. I'm happy being me, and sometimes just knowing I'm doing my best gives me such hope and pride that I just know I'll find someone who will love me just as unconditionally as I loved my ex.

Just keep going, guys (or girls). You'll be so glad you did.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.